UBER-HIVE-STRUM!! The Hive to End all Hives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
I hope not. I don't care for the movies either.

I thought the first one was absolutely hilarious. Good enough that I willingly went to see the second in the theatre, but unfortunately, the second I thought was horrible enough that the third I only saw a LONG time later when it finally came onto the television and I happened across it one night.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I thought the first one was absolutely hilarious. Good enough that I willingly went to see the second in the theatre, but unfortunately, the second I thought was horrible enough that the third I only saw a LONG time later when it finally came onto the television and I happened across it one night.

Saw the first, never saw the rest since I figured that they will only try to redo/expand all the gags from the original.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
Saw the first, never saw the rest since I figured that they will only try to redo/expand all the gags from the original.

Maybe, but sometimes, the second is still worth seeing though perhaps not as worth purchasing. I tend to be nice with seconds of movies that I REALLY enjoyed, willing to give them a try, though not expecting as much as the first. Sometimes I'm let down, but frequently enough I'm not. As for 3rds in a series, rarely do I see them. I figure if the drop from the first to the second is about 50% [worth seeing once, but nothing more], then the drop from the second to the third will be about the same, meaning 25% as funny as the first, meaning not worth watching even once.

That's kinda my habit on movie-watching when series are coming out.

Mummy 3... well, the second was good enough, IMO, that I'm still willing to see the third, which sort of breaks my theory, but maybe the first was just so darned good that even 25% of the first movie is still good enough to at least see once. :)

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Maybe, but sometimes, the second is still worth seeing though perhaps not as worth purchasing. I tend to be nice with seconds of movies that I REALLY enjoyed, willing to give them a try, though not expecting as much as the first.

I own the first 5 on DVD, but I'm waiting on Beta House to come on TV before deciding to purchase it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases