Brainstorm for Short Paragon Campaign

Mathew_Freeman

First Post
Due to another DM heading off to South America for 5 weeks, I find myself in a position to be running an 11th level "tester" 4e campaign. Should be about three or four sessions in all, of about 2 - 3 hours of game time each. Four players, don't know what classes they're going to come up with.

I have an idea in my head, but it could do with some additional thoughts grouped around it.

My idea is that the characters are travelling on some sort of magical zeppelin (I've always liked magical zeppelins). Amongst the cargo is a currently inert Eidolon (because I saw it in the DMG and thought it was great!).

Some sort of force is going to attack the Zeppelin, splitting into two teams. One will attack the characters (or at least, will attack the area the characters are in) whilst the other loots the cargo hold and steals the Eidolon, seeking to activate it for their own purposes.

The 'owner' of the Eidolon then asks the obviously-competent PC's to recover his 'cargo' and bring it back to the ship, and persuades the Captain to let the PC's use an attached skiff to do so. We can jury-rig some sort of tracker, and a spare pilot from the Zep, I think.

Characters head off, get grounded by being attacked by something in the air (possibly a red, white or green dragon as I have mini's for those), track down Eidolon (possibly with another encounter on the way), get it back, return to ship.

Depending on the amount of time left after all that, I might need to know what happens when the 'Owner' and the 'Cargo' arrive at their destination.

Questions:

Who is attacking the Zeppelin? And why?
Who is the 'Owner'? What do they want with an Eidolon, anyway?
What sort of encounter might be a fun one for a group of characters to randomly encounter?
What location/terrain/special can I use for the battle to get the Eidolon back?
Any other ideas?

All help welcomed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases