[Still Recruiting][D20 Modern/PDF]Interdimensional Explorers: Into The Vortex

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Rogues Gallery / IC Thread

For anyone interested I'm recrutingfor a Sliders-eque game. The system will be either D20 Modern [SRD here for those that don't own the book] or Gurps 3E. I'm comfortable using either system, so I'm going to let interested players decide on the system.

We're going to need at least one quantum physicist and one mechanical genius, or one charcter that can fill both slots. Another quantum physicist/professor will accompany on the journey, and the two will have collaborated over their interdimensional discovery. Also in tow will be at least two other characters that can't resist the appeal of taking a spin around the multiverse or is accidentally along for the ride. I'm willing to recruit a maximum of six players.

D20 characters have special feat and ability score advancement. Use the Experience & Level Dependent Benefits chart from here to determine your feat and ability score advancement for levels and ignore everything else (exception is first level, 3 feats at first level, then progression as normal). Characters will start off at 5th level, with a total of 6 feats.

[sblock=Special Feats for D20 Modern Characters]Talented [General]
You’re extraordinarily gifted in the use of one skill.
Benefit: Choose one skill for which you possess at least one primary ability score at 13+ and for which you possess at least two ranks. The chosen skill is always considered a class skill for you. Further you gain one extra rank in the chosen skill at no skill point cost and your maximum rank with the skill is increased by 1 (e.g. if this is the skills first maximum rank increase, you may purchase up to 5 ranks at first level, up to 6 skill ranks at 2nd level, up to 7 ranks at 3rd level, etc.). This effect stacks with the Unlocked Potential feat.
Special: You may only choose this feat once.

Unlocked Potential [General]
You have incredible potential for improvement with one of your skills.
Benefit: Choose one of your class skills. Your maximum rank with the skill is increased by 3 (e.g. if this is the skills first maximum rank increase you may purchase up to seven ranks at 1st level, up to 8 ranks at 2nd level, up to 9 ranks at 3rd level, etc.). This effect stacks with the talented feat.
Special: You may choose this feat multiple times, each time increasing your maximum rank with one skill by 3. You may apply this feat to each individual skill no more than 2 times.[/sblock]
Stats:
32 Point Buy

One last House Rule: Wealth for D20 Modern is as follows:
Base is +5
+ 2D4 (or take the average for a total base wealth of +9)
Add Occupation bonus
Add feat bonus

I'd also like to point out to anyone that is interested but doesn't have the D20 Modern book that the D20 Modern rules can be downloaded in pdf book form from here.

Last edited:

Binder Fred

3 rings to bind them all!
Hey there! Two little questions if I can :

1) Aside from the vortex, I'm assuming 2008 level of technology in the starting world?

2) What degree of alternate earths are we talking about? Hitler won the war? High-tech lizards? Gas-giant planet? (PbP have one hell of a special effect budget; be a shame to waste it :).

Binder Fred, colour me interrested...

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
1) Aside from the vortex, I'm assuming 2008 level of technology in the starting world?
Yep.

2) What degree of alternate earths are we talking about? Hitler won the war? High-tech lizards? Gas-giant planet? (PbP have one hell of a special effect budget; be a shame to waste it :).
Infinite amount of paralell earths, anything goes. I might add fantasy elements as well as well using stuff from Grim Tales and the Dark Lore Campaign Primer. I am going to to try to add an adversary the spans multiple paralell earths like Sliders had the Kromagg Dynasty, but not till after things start to become more solid.

serow

First Post
Just noticed that d20 characters start off at 5th.
Just wondering: FX? Psi?
And would it be more streamlined if we used Saga Edition instead?

Last edited:

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Just noticed that d20 characters start off at 5th.
Just wondering: FX? Psi?
And would it be more streamlined if we used Saga Edition instead?

Characters may not start off with Fx or Psi. They may learn these abilities later though.

I don't own Saga, so thats not an option.

Voda Vosa

First Post
Is there any chance of using the scientist prestige class? I was thinking of a smart heroe, and scientist prestige, from pulp heroes.
I would vote for d20 modern.

Voda Vosa

First Post
If you trust me then I can tell you about the rules, if not, we could work this out by email. I don't seem to found any web page hosting these rules.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases