Goodman Games Dungeon Crawl Classics - So which ones are the best?

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
This is old news, but Goodman Games has all of its Dungeon Crawl Classics PDFs on sale for half price:

http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?cPath=190

I already own a few (#1 Idylls of the Rat King, #20 Shadows in Freeport, #24 Legends of the Ripper, and #35 Gazetteer of the Known Realms). I will probably pick up the ENnie-nominated #51 Castle Whiterock soon as well.

So what are some of your favorites? Are there any must-have DCCs I should consider picking up?

Sell me on your favorites!

Last edited:

Crothian

First Post
This list is just based off of the ones I have personally played/run and liked. Most are older modules since I've had more time to use them.

Aerie of the Crow God
DCC 11: The Dragon Fiend Pact
DCC #12.5: Iron Crypt of the Heretics
DCC 34: Cage of Delrium
Dungeon Crawl Classics #12: The Blackguard's Revenge
Dungeon Crawl Classics #15: Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen
Dungeon Crawl Classics #0: Legends are Made, not Born
Dungeon Crawl Classics #29: The Adventure Begins
Dungeon Crawl Classics #31: The Transmuter's Last Touch
Dungeon Crawl Classics #50: Vault of the Iron Overlord

Voadam

Legend
I've gotten a bunch recently and have not read through them yet. I'm running some I got earlier and enjoying them. I enjoyed playing through the first part of the Legend of the Ripper one as a player.

I love adventure collections and The Adventure Begins and The Adventure Continues deliver a ton of short adventures very cheaply. $10 each for 256 pages of modules, each with about 15 short adventures. The first is for levels 1-3 and the second is for levels 4-6. Varieties of settings from city to wilderness to jungle to desert to arctic to coastal.

Vault of Tzathar Rho has a neat little Cthulhu aberration vibe to it.

Transmuter's last touch looked fun but part of the premise was off enough for my campaign that I didn't immediately use it like I was planning too.

I wish they had some in the level 17-20 range but otherwise they've got a ton of stuff to cover most needs. I'm finding plenty that would fit in with my Freeport/Ptolus game (Bloody Jack's Gold, Shadows in Freeport, Treasure Maps, Smuggler's Cove, Storm Giant, Volcano Caves) and with my goblin focused wildwood game (Idylls of the Rat King, Into the Wilds) that has an alien psionics subtheme (Talons of the Horned King).

Doug McCrae

Legend
I would recommend #5 Aerie of the Crow God to a fan of DCCs. I wouldn't recommend DCCs at all to a gamer about whose taste I know nothing.

Crothian

First Post
Which 2 do you need?

I don't really need DCCs in print, but I lack many. And I want Castle Whiterock in print. Perhaps we could work out a deal and I give them to you at GenCon.

I e-mailed a buddy who might want something so we could get a big order together. If he doesn't want anything I'll be in contact with you. Well, I'll tell you either way so you know. :D

HellHound

ENnies winner and NOT Scrappy Doo
I'm all about the ones written by Stroh. The man just gets it RIGHT.

He did the level 0 one in the Gazetteer box (Halls of the Minotaur) - it has ALL the right stuff for a classic dungeon. I followed it up with one of his from #29 (The Adventure Begins) for level 1, and then finished off the sequence with #28 (Into the Wilds).

Into the Wilds has a GREAT "Keep on the Borderlands" vibe going for it. Totally awesome.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases