KotS: Kobold tactics

Propagandroid

First Post
So, Shifty and other things are supposed to make kobolds crazy to play against, but I'm having a hard time seeing how an extra shift a round really matters.

Is there a thread, or perhaps you could use this one, to detail kobold (and other monster) tactics for Keep ont he Shadowfell that will showcase the new 4e system?

I'm going to be running the module starting tomorrow and I'd like to make it a true 4e experience!

Festivus

First Post
Kobolds are shifty, and players learn quickly to hate it. Let's make an example where you have two kobolds next to a character (not the fighter)... One kobold readies for the other to be in flank before attacking, the other shifts as a move action, and then shifts again as a minor action into the flank, then both kobolds attack with a standard action.

There are endless variations on this.. and they will really hate the dragonshields
who can shift when an opponent moves or shifts adjacent to them

Shift to get away from trouble too, or sometimes, past the defensive line and into the "squishy ones" as my kobolds call the spell casters.

You will see fairly quickly how useful the shift as a minor action can be. The only problem for them... fighters... kobolds hate fighters... especially those who mark kobolds... because they can't shift without getting smacked.

Rakor

First Post
A kobold can move two squares with without provoking opportunity attacks and then make an attack. I had a lot of fun having kobolds attack, shift, then move so that they ended their turn 7 spaces away from the party member they were attacking. Only the elf can get to them and still use a power.

Remove ads