Superheroes in FRPGs/Forked Thread: Help! A player wants to play

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Forked from: Help! A player wants to play "Captain America"

Arakim said:
<snip>2 guys in Marvel come to mind as being Fantasy-Capable. One is Thor, and the other is Cap.

Not allot of power-armor guys running around with a shield.
<snip>

To which I responded
Many other Marvel characters that are "Fantasy Capable" IMHO:

Black Panther
Black Knight
Black Tom Cassidy
<snip>etc.
<snip>
Simply put, so many superheroes can trace their origins back to RW legend and fantasy fiction that going the other way for a FRPG PC is both natural and relatively easy.

There were a LOT of good FRPG Capt. America builds in the original thread.

This thread is for us to come up with some ways to play other superheroes in 3.X or 4Ed! Not looking for fully statted builds, just ideas.

To start...

IRON MAN:

BttlSorc or WarMage or Psion (TK based)//Fighter or PsiWar(//possibly Force Missile Adept or Argent Savant if spellcaster).

(PsiWar may be nearly perfect on its own, but may not fit conceptually- Tony Stark isn't exactly reknown for his Wisdom...the PsiWar's manifesting stat.)

Mithril, Adamantine, Alchemical Silver or Heavy Metal (see Magic of Faerun) Plate, OR Warforged with a "body" feat.

Magic Item granting flight.

Gauntlets of Ogre Power.

Quiver of Ehlonna w/mix of Wands (of MM), Rods, Staves, Javelins & Greatspears (each/both possibly Returning Lightning).

If spellcaster, various Force (MM, WoF, Bigby's), Electricity or TK spells, maybe rays, like Scorching Ray. Reserve feats- Blade of Force, Invisible Needle or Storm Bolt.

If manifester, TK & Energy powers (ray, bolt, etc.), possibly Expansion for the Str boost.

THE WASP/YELLOWJACKET:
Warlock/Sorcerer

Eldritch blast w/ ranged invocation.

Spells: Reduce. Enlarge.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Well, it was forked from a 4Ed forum thread, so it automatically put it in the same forum.

Personally, I don't care for 4Ed.

But like I said, 4Ed versions are welcome as well.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases