Artifact and ECL rules question

Deinos

First Post
Kyriotates are pretty good, actually, thanks to their Blessed Robes of Hax... they can't be directly attacked (or even harmed, not sure) unless provoked. So that ensures they cannot be scry & died, they cannot be pounce charged with surprise, etc.

I did like those abominations, and might use them sometime... I'll put comments on them there.

The +2 EL modifier is for stuff a bit beyond what I'm discussing here, which is pretty straightforward stuff. It looks like at level 100, just about every build can do things of that nature... 100 or more ranged attacks a round for a bow (or gun) focused character, etc.

I myself am quite partial to group battles in any case, and the Kyriotates, Malakim and Elohim are built for group battles.

Belzamus

First Post
Ah, forgot about the Kyrio's Sanctity. A nice ability to be sure, but he'll need to summon something tough enough that he can buff it to fight for him and win, otherwise it goes away.

Or...he could just ignore the party, I suppose.

And...I'll just say, I wouldn't consider 100 attacks per round expected (in any way) until level 300 at least.

At 100. I'd think 50 would represent a specialized character in that area (3WF, speed weapons, Mercurial (is that the ability I'm thinking of?), martial maneuvers, Flurry of Blows, etc).

And I'd personally give that a +1 EL, I think. (50 attacks that is, assuming they're effective attacks)

100+ (at level 100) I'd definitely slap a +2 on.

And anything more I'd probably get a bit annoyed.

All subjective of course.

Just...look an Sandalphon. He look like he can tank 100 attacks per round? Sure he's tough (and a bit of a favorite by U_K's, I suspect, given his artifacts) but he'll never stand up to an onslaught like that.

Sandalphon is CR 100, right? Or is he 120? Don't have the book nearby at the moment.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases