Front page article with a bad link...

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Happens when a scooper goes in and edits a news item already approved. As I said in the thread in General, it's karmic payback. In this case, someone went in and changed an Article (the smallish boxes on the news page) into a Leaderboard (four times that size) after we'd approved it. It took up the entire page.

It is a bug - we'll solve it by not letting people edit approved news items. But I'd like to say - after we've edited and approved a news itemn, what goes thorugh someone's mind when they go back into it and change it? Persumably they don't believe that I should have control over what apepars on the front page of my website.

Last edited:

Tashtego

Explorer
The link wasn't working the first time around, so I thought I may have done something wrong when setting it up. I went back it into and edited it, twiddling a few options (I wasn't sure what the leaderboard thing really did) to see if that would fix the broken link. No luck. Sorry for mucking around with your layout.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
The link wasn't working the first time around, so I thought I may have done something wrong when setting it up. I went back it into and edited it, twiddling a few options (I wasn't sure what the leaderboard thing really did) to see if that would fix the broken link. No luck. Sorry for mucking around with your layout.

Fair enough; sorry for assuming. It's just that people have done that a few times already.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases