[4e] 4th ed Living EnW - Char. Creation: VERDICT->CORE + mildly scrutized MM RACES

Character Choice, how should we do it?

garyh

First Post
**=Several people have indicated that they are voting for core-only to make it easier to start the setting. Perhaps we should revist the issue three months or so after the setting has started (i.e. #11 in the roadmap)

As indicated by my voting, I'm more for an "All WotC" approach, but I certainly see the logic to sticking to PHB for now to get things moving. As has been mentioned, we can always add more options later.

Atanatotatos

First Post
My voting was a bit strange eh? I'd say "all wotc, with reserve" to sum it up (and clarify). Anyway, about balance:
I'd like to clear this up: introducing mm races does not, at the moment, unbalance anything. There are some very powerful options_for some roles. For example, a Bugbear is mechanically stronger than any other race in the phb for a brute scoundrel rogue... but it doesn't get racial feats, that are often the best available, and furthermore, a halfling, say, is exactly as good a choice for an artful dodger rogue.
I don't know when splatbooks will be released, but,at the moment, issues with balance are being addressed in pretty good erratas available at wizards.com. So for now there's no danger if we stick to core books (DDI seems mostly balanced too...)

Velmont

First Post
Seems great to me. It is what I was thinking would be best. Core, MM races (as MM is among the three core books). For online material, as I said earlier, it should be only free WOTC online material that everyone have access. Not sure how many of these free publication there will be, but a nice example are the few illusionist power that can be added to the wizard list.

It has been refused for now, but I suspect that once L4W will be running, the judges migth received that kind of submission and it will be there job to tell yes or no.

garyh

First Post
Bront / any other mod that sees this:

Can we get this thread copied / moved to the Living 4th Edition group forum? It'd be very helpful to have this with all of our other discussions.

Thanks!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases