Bacon of Hope

Darth_Asparagus

First Post
OK, this is silly but: Am I the only one that continuously reads "Beacon of Hope" as "Bacon of Hope"? :hmm:

I would like to make a power that more appropriately reflects the sizzling fat aspect of clerical magic. Any ideas? I this an attack or more a utility power? Is it daily (breakfast) or only for weekends?

Eldritch_Lord

Adventurer
OK, this is silly but: Am I the only one that continuously reads "Beacon of Hope" as "Bacon of Hope"? :hmm:

I would like to make a power that more appropriately reflects the sizzling fat aspect of clerical magic. Any ideas? I this an attack or more a utility power? Is it daily (breakfast) or only for weekends?

--Utility, obviously; it's Bacon of Hope, not Bacon of Burning Thine Enemies.

--Encounter. Don't tell me you've never had bacon for a meal other than breakfast.

--Details...hmm. I'll think about it and get back to you.

Dog Moon

Adventurer
What's ironic is that I actually read the thread title as Beacon of Hope and not Bacon of Hope and was confused when you started talking about bacon. :)

RyvenCedrylle

First Post
Bacon of Hope​
Cleric Attack 1

A burst of divine grease from sizzling celestial boar meat burns your foes.
The radiant, delicious smell lingers around your holy symbol and improves
party morale and your healing powers for the rest of the battle.​
Daily *​
Divine, Healing, Implement
Standard Action Close
burst 3

Target:​
Each enemy in burst

Attack:​
Wisdom vs. Will

Hit:​
The target is weakened until the end of its next turn, distracted by the heavenly aroma.

Effect:​
You and all your allies in the burst regain 5 hit points,
and your healing powers restore +5 hit points until the end

of the encounter.
Special: You find enough finely cooked celestial bacon at the end of the encounter to constitute a short rest.

RyvenCedrylle

First Post
Heck, we could make this a running cleric build. How about...

Blazing Bacon​
Cleric Attack 3

You invoke the most holy of meats, and your weapon sizzles and crackles. When you strike your foe, a blazing strip of bacon burns its way into the foe's forehead, guiding your allies' attacks with its divine aroma.
Encounter * Divine, Radiant, Weapon
Standard Action Melee
weapon

Target:​
One creature

Attack:​
Strength vs. AC

Hit:​
1[W] + Strength modifier radiant damage, and all
ranged attack rolls against the target gain a +4 power bonus

until the end of your next turn. The target gains no concealment for becoming invisible as your and your allies can track it by scent alone.

TheLordWinter

First Post
Meanwhile, Clerics of Veganism must take the "Fakin' Bacon" feat in order to use these powers.

Incidentally, since bacon is primarily a breakfast food, I think they should be daily powers. Unless of course you're counting second breakfast, elevensies, etc.

Tzeentch

First Post
Heck, we could make this a running cleric build. How about...
Blazing Bacon
Cleric Attack 3
You invoke the most holy of meats, and your weapon sizzles and crackles. When you strike your foe, a blazing strip of bacon burns its way into the foe's forehead, guiding your allies' attacks with its divine aroma.
Shouldn't this do fire damage from the sizzling fat grease? :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases