Did you know there's a review section here?

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Heh. I've read all of your reviews now, Crothian...

Great stuff; I like your writing style, and you're giving useful info. (And got me interested in the Book of Challenges! :p)

A bit more detail (just like in, say, Book of Challenges) in some of the reviews would be icing on the cake, of course. :cool:

(Phew! Reading this much after being online for hours is really tiring. I think I'm logging off for today... :))

PS - 3,000 posts! :p

Crothian

First Post
Darkness said:
Heh. I've read all of your reviews now, Crothian...

Great stuff; I like your writing style, and you're giving useful info. (And got me interested in the Book of Challenges! :p)

A bit more detail (just like in, say, Book of Challenges) in some of the reviews would be icing on the cake, of course. :cool:

(Phew! Reading this much after being online for hours is really tiring. I think I'm logging off for today... :))

The five class books by wizards were a little rushed and the amount of info was limited. As my first reviews, I tackled the books everyone knows to refine my style and get my feet wet. I think I'm going to have to start writing them over the space of a few days. I seem to give great detail at the beginning, but that tends to slacks off. Anything specific you want reviewed? What other reviewer takes requests? ;)

Darkness

Crothian said:
Anything specific you want reviewed? What other reviewer takes requests? ;)
Other reviewers...? Aww! You know you're the only one for me, Crothian! :p

Heh. MM2 would be very cool (although from what I've heard about it, I already know I'll love it :p). :)

Maybe find some products that have exactly 4 reviews. It takes at least 5 reviews for a product to show up on the Top 20 list, so if there's a really good book that is close to making the cut, you might let the rest of us know if it deserves to be up there.

Or, find new books with no reviews. :)

Or, heck, review Tournaments, Fairs, & Taverns. We've only got 4 reviews so far anyway. ;)

Crothian

First Post
Darkness said:
Other reviewers...? Aww! You know you're the only one for me, Crothian! :p

Heh. MM2 would be very cool (although from what I've heard about it, I already know I'll love it :p). :)

If I'm the only reviewer for you, what did you do three weeks ago when I had no reviews? :D

Reviewing a moinster supllement will be tough. I did pick it up, and it's not too bad. Some of the CR's for the tough creatures seem to high, the mountain giant being the most talked about example. I think I'm going to stick with non wizards stuff. I hope to give some of the other companies the spot light.

Crothian

First Post
RangerWickett said:
Maybe find some products that have exactly 4 reviews. It takes at least 5 reviews for a product to show up on the Top 20 list, so if there's a really good book that is close to making the cut, you might let the rest of us know if it deserves to be up there.

Or, find new books with no reviews. :)

Or, heck, review Tournaments, Fairs, & Taverns. We've only got 4 reviews so far anyway. ;)

I was looking at that. For instance the book of Richtiosness has 4 reviews, all 5/5. I'm thinking of doing that one, which will also be 5/5. I'll try to find other books with 4 reviews and see what I can do. It is a good suggestion. That and books with zewro reviews. THat's why I did the Book of Challenges.

As for TF&T, I'm waiting for the print version. I don't have a printer or laptop or other way to really make use of a pdf at the gaming table. I'm about halfway done with Path of Magic, and then I'm going to do Wild Spellcraft for you.

Darkness

Crothian said:

If I'm the only reviewer for you, what did you do three weeks ago when I had no reviews? :D
Why, dream of finally meeting the reviewer of my dreams, of course! :p

Reviewing a moinster supllement will be tough. I did pick it up, and it's not too bad. Some of the CR's for the tough creatures seem to high, the mountain giant being the most talked about example. I think I'm going to stick with non wizards stuff. I hope to give some of the other companies the spot light.
Cool too! :)

Crothian

First Post
I just posted my review to the Path of Magic. This review was written in pieces over the past three days. I think that helps keep the descriptions fresh throughout.

I must say that after doing a thorough reading and review of both Path of books (Sword and Magic), that these are the best class books I out there. They offer a lot of information and ideas. The classes are really good (better in the Sword book then the Magic book) and the new rules are thought provoking and excellent (better in the Magic book then the Sword book).

Next up Wild Spellcraft (for Mr. Nock) and then MM2 (for Darkness). I live to serve. :D Anything else someone wants to see a review of?

I must say that doing reviews is a great thing and I'm very happy that we have the opportunity to post them here.

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
I feel lame saying this, but it still remains a mystery to me how you post a review. What am I missing? Where is the option to enter a review?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases