Did you know there's a review section here?

Crothian

First Post
Okay, my review of Spell and Spellcraft can be found:

http://www.enworld.org/d20reviews.asp?sub=yes&where=active&reviewer=Crothian&product=SASC

Next, I'm going to redo my review of MM2. My opinion hasn't changed on it, but after a thread on it and some comments on the review I feel, as many others seem to, that the review was poorly done. In my attempt tp become a good reviewer I feel I need to go back and correct that error.

After that I'm going to be covering The Book of the Rightious. Then I'm going to review AEG's new book Magic.

As always I'm willing to take requests and if anyone wants to discuss any review of mine (be it positive or negative discusion) I'm more then happy to further explain anything. Thanks to all of you have have commented on my reviews, I hope I'm able to improve the reviews so they are more helpful to everyone.

:D

Crothian

First Post
Okay, the number of views is increasing so some people are still reading this thread. :D

I revised my MM2 review. I did not change the rating I gave the book, but I did try to post a better review. I hope that succeeded as if my reviews don't make sense they are not helping anyone.

Next up is the Book of the Rightious. THis is going to be a hard review just because of the sheer amount of information in this one book.

After that I think I'm going to do AEG's Magic, trying to get some reviews done on the new products I'm buying.

As always, anything you want reviewed I'll try to get it done. I'm also mor ethen willing to talk about any review I've or other people have posted. ;)

Crothian

First Post
Slight change in review schedule. After BotR I'll be reviewing some of Silver Thorn Games pdf's. Then I'll get to AEG's Magic. It's always nice to have stuff on the slate to do. :D

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
Thanks for reviewing the MM2, Crothian! Yu0 r0x0r! :)

Heh. But I still got it after flipping through it in the store today (which is the first day it has been out 'round here). ;)

And I love it! :D

See, it has just about everything I want:

Sure, some more background details on the monsters would have been nice - but I can live without them, too (especially for the monsters that existed in 2e, like thri-kreen). 'sides, background is easier for me to create than the monsters themselves.

Which, BTW, are IMO a good mix of old favorites and interesting, new creatures. (There's far more of the latter, though, and some more "old favorites" really wouldn't have hurt.)

When reading many of the entries, I was instantly hooked and ideas on how to use them in a game came to my mind. Heh. I really want to use many (if not most) of them right now. :cool:

Some particular favorites of mine (for now, that is; I haven't had time to read it all yet, ya know, so I'll certainly find others later and possibly change my mind on a couple of these):

Automaton

Banshee (BTW: Wow! Nice power boost that they got since 2e! :eek: )

Bladeling

Chain Golem

Corpse Golem

Deathbringer

Demon: Kelvezu

Elemental Weirds

Famine Spirit

Fiendwurm

Frost Salamander (for the picture, if nothing else :))

Grell (still, they already were covered in 3e, so...)

Hellfire Wyrm

Ixitxachitl (Yay!!! Everyone's favorite impossible-to-spell, chaotic evil rays are baaack! :D)

Jermlaine (At least I think I like them; weren't they the ones who used to shave off all the hair of people they captured in 2e...? :p)

Thri-Kreen (Finally balanced! Yay! :D)

Death Knight (Even though they already appeared in Dragon)

Half Golem (Too bad that they don't have an ECL. ;))

Monster of Legend

Spellstitched

Titanic Creature

Warbeast

Crothian

First Post
Darkness said:
Thanks for reviewing the MM2, Crothian! Yu0 r0x0r! :)

Heh. But I still got it after flipping through it in the store today (which is the first day it has been out 'round here). ;)

And I love it! :D

That's great to hear. I really want products to be useful to people, that's why this review was tough for me. It sounds like it did for you everything it didn't do for me.

Crothian;

Are you going to review the Quint. Monk?

I've seen threads here and there talking about it, on various boards, but I've only seen one review (it's here on ENworld).

Just some professional curiousity, I suppose. (I wrote the QM)

Patrick Y.

Crothian

First Post
Arcane Runes Press said:
Crothian;

Are you going to review the Quint. Monk?

I've seen threads here and there talking about it, on various boards, but I've only seen one review (it's here on ENworld).

Just some professional curiousity, I suppose. (I wrote the QM)

Patrick Y.

I'm actually familiar with your name at this point. I'll add it the list and I will review it. So, it'll be BotR, followed by some STG stuff, and then Quint Monk. It's a nice book; I read it when I first got it. So, what other projects do you have coming out?

Crothian said:

I'm actually familiar with your name at this point. I'll add it the list and I will review it. So, it'll be BotR, followed by some STG stuff, and then Quint Monk. It's a nice book; I read it when I first got it. So, what other projects do you have coming out?

Hmmm......

Well, I've got two Dragon articles purchased and waiting for print, another in review, and another BIG one just finished and waiting to hit the mail. This latest one is, bar none, my best professional work to date. I absolutely hunger to see it in print. :)

Elsewise (is that even a word?) :) :

I've got a second city sourcebook for Mongoose that's waiting to be published. (hope, hope)

I've got a book I'm doing for Sovereign Stone.

I'm contributing to a neat book for AEG.

I just got a commission for two new Mongoose books. These are gonna be fun ones, from the look of it.

Finally, I'm waiting for the go ahead on the Quintessential Sorcerer. I'm really hoping to get this one, as the sorcerer is begging for some unique stuff.

Patrick Y.

Crothian

First Post
Arcane Runes Press said:

I've got a second city sourcebook for Mongoose that's waiting to be published. (hope, hope)

I've got a book I'm doing for Sovereign Stone.

I'm contributing to a neat book for AEG.

I just got a commission for two new Mongoose books. These are gonna be fun ones, from the look of it.

Finally, I'm waiting for the go ahead on the Quintessential Sorcerer. I'm really hoping to get this one, as the sorcerer is begging for some unique stuff.

Patrick Y.

Can you say anything about any of these like titles or subject material?

Quint Sorcerer is a topic that has a lot of potential. Even after 2 years we haven't seen much done with the Sorcerer. We have some prestige classes that are average at best, although FFG has done some interesting things in Spells and Spellcraft, just not enough.

Mongoose Matt, if you're out there, Patrick has my vote for this project. :D

Remove ads