Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 30.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

Votes: 5 50.0%

Graf

Explorer
NOMINATIONS ARE NOW LOCATED AT THE NOMINATIONS THREAD IN THE SUBFORUM.

The remainder of this post is left unchanged in the extremely unlikely event that it's ever necessary.

[d]**[/d]

These are series of polls regarding the creation of a new PbP ENWorld Living World, using the new 4th Edition rules. HERE IS A SHORT INTRODUCTION TO 4TH EDITION ENWORLD.

If you want to get involved and put your stamp on the world early visiting the discussion thread and putting in your two cents would be an easy way to do that - you do not need to read the whole thread. Just skim the INTRODUCTION and come to the last page of the discussion thread.

You may also want to look at the different proposals/suggestions floating around about the setting including the Transitive Isles, Daunton and the Alliance, and the Broken Seas.
The first poll result has indicated that the community would prefer to develop a new setting.
The second poll result has (probably) indicated that the game will start off with CORE + MM Races (with scrutiny of non-phb races).

This is the third nomination thread/poll where we will nominate members to be facilitators (see below) and decide on the number of facilitators.

Voting on facilitators will begin in two weeks. (Roughly Monday August 11th)

[d]==[/d]
A L4W Facilitator will be a pointman person on the creation of the L4W setting. They will strive to help drive forward the communities effort to create an inclusive, vibrant setting.
Please be sure to review Desirable characteristics of Judges (as they are largely the same as they would be for facilitators) before nominating someone.

Responsibilities
  • trying to be neutral and serve the common will of the community (and/or help forge a common consensus)
  • writing and interpreting the polls that will be used to create L4W in an unbiased and inclusive manner
  • Be attentive to the needs of the entire community, including trying to figure out ways to make minorities on certain issues (available character creation options, etc) happy and exited about playing in L4W.
  • Writing and maintaining the Wikis that define the setting.
  • L4W facilitators will act as "judges" when necessary during the initial period however they will not necessarily be judges when the campaign gets started.
  • pushing forward the roadmap, encouraging people to add additional material to the setting, proactively (AND POLITELY) communicating with the moderators on behalf of the community, etc.
[d]==[/d]

ALSO IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN PARTICIPATING IN L4W PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING THE GROUP; IT IS AN EASY WAY TO DEMONSTRATE YOUR INTEREST AND WILL BE HELPFUL IN ALLOWING THE ENWORLD MODERATORS TO DECIDE WHETHER TO CREATE A LEW SUB-FORM OR NOT

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
I would like to nominate Atanatotatos.

He has been an active poster in the Discussion Threads addressing both crunch and fluff and demonstrating a strong background in mythology (hey a bit of learning never hurt anyone).

He's produced the only setting element so far that has met with a universally* positive response (the proposed pantheon). While he's primarily a player (including in my game where he's been a proactive and helpful participant in world building) he's also running an active 4th edition game (IC OOC).

*=I haven't seen any objections anyway. And a bunch of people like it.

Last edited:

Atanatotatos

First Post
Hey graf, thanks! Actually I'd like to nominate you :)
I don't think there's need to post links as anyone interested in the project sees that Graf has been the most active poster in the discussion. Also, he has posted a GREAT concept for a setting (IMPERIUM) and is in general a very creative setting-writer as I can testify being a player in one of his games.

Note: Atanatotatos is a "he" ^^

renau1g

First Post
Hey graf, thanks! Actually I'd like to nominate you :)
I don't think there's need to post links as anyone interested in the project sees that Graf has been the most active poster in the discussion. Also, he has posted a GREAT concept for a setting (IMPERIUM) and is in general a very creative setting-writer as I can testify being a player in one of his games.

I must second the vote for Graf! From what I've seen a dedicated individual with a strong desire for this L4W to work!

garyh

First Post
No nominations here (I certainly agree with those so far, though), but I'll explain why I voted for 5 facilitators. It's enough for them to have a good discussion on anything that comes up, but also an odd number so as to avoid ties on any necessary voting. :)

covaithe

Explorer
I haven't voted yet on the number of facilitators needed. While I'm flattered to be nominated, and I certainly intend to do what I can to help facilitate L4W, I'm not sure I understand how it would help to hold the title of "facilitator". Reading the list of things that a facilitator does, those are all -- or almost all -- things that I'm trying to help do now as much as I'm able, and I don't really see myself stopping if someone (who?) were to decide (how? when?) that I wasn't suitable as a "facilitator".

The only thing I can see on that list that would perhaps be better handled by a single person or small group of people than by the community as a whole is the process of communicating with the mods to get the forum made in the first place. Once it's made, we -- that is, anyone who wants -- can post there and we can work it all out ourselves.

So, Graf, while I applaud your enthusiasm and initiative to get L4W going, I think maybe you'd better put me down as a vote for 0 facilitators. Or an infinite number. Or perhaps one, but that person's only responsibility would be posting in the Meta forum asking for a new sub-forum, once we get some kind of consensus on what to call it.

I hope that made some kind of sense. I'm not trying to throw cold water on anyone, really, I just want this process to be as quick and uncomplicated as we can make it, and the facilitators idea seems like an unnecessary layer of indirection to me.

Erekose13

Explorer
I voted 5 as well, but having read more carefully I am with Covaithe, I don't quite understand the point of facilitators being nominated. I'd thought it was similar to a judge in other Living worlds. With it being someone who participates in the prep work to get L4W going, I don't think it needs nomination. Those with voices will speak up and offer their opinions.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases