Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 3 30.0%

Votes: 2 20.0%

Votes: 5 50.0%

renau1g

First Post
Ditto, though either way I went with Garyh's outstanding insight into the realm of mathematics incase something does indeed have to go to a more tight knit vote.

Graf... can you change my vote (I'm an idiot) and voted for 4.... I realize now that 5 is the correct # to have, to resolve a tie, as the other posters have pointed out.

Velmont

First Post
For a 4th edition Living World. I would say at least 4, so I vote for 5 to make sure there would be enough. Also, it allow to not have ties when it come to votes.

covaithe

Explorer
Looks like there's a pretty strong consensus for the number five, which, while I'm still not sure that facilitators are needed, will help when we start to talk about judges. Which I think will be pretty soon.

Graf

Explorer
I'm not sure I understand how it would help to hold the title of "facilitator".
I hope that made some kind of sense. I'm not trying to throw cold water on anyone, really, I just want this process to be as quick and uncomplicated as we can make it, and the facilitators idea seems like an unnecessary layer of indirection to me.

I don't quite understand the point of facilitators being nominated. I'd thought it was similar to a judge in other Living worlds.

The "facilitator" role is/was my counter argument to your judge suggestion.
I'm not a tremendous fan of giving people positions of authority in a creative process. But it seemed popular to "elect some judges now" so I went ahead and tried to post a role that seemed to more closely match what we're doing.

1. I personally agree that we should continue to have it be a community effort; that's why I was in favor of a smaller number of people (less echo chamber).
2. People (or at least Ata) have expressed a skepticism, which I share, of being elected a judge of an undefined setting with an undefined mission/role (I've written some stuff of course). As I mentioned elsewhere... what are you going to judge...? What if the setting turns out radically different from a setting I think would be fun...? etc etc.

So I tried to define the role in a way that myself (and presumably Ata, etc) would like to actually do.

3. judging an existing setting is radically different than trying to build a new one. I think giving people "authority" with no guidelines could be messy.

If everything go smoohtly? Facilitator probably = judge.
One or two people who wind up doing a lot of content creation will probably "step down" and become "normal DMs".

We can argue about what the title should means, but you, I think, suggested that we should "elect judges" and I think that while it's fine to pick a few people and designate them "decision makers" I feel ought to just embrace the fact that there's nothing to judge yet and whoever we elect is going to be a facilitator.

But if they have to be called judges to make it work? I can easily edit the page. I would love to see some more nominations.

Last edited:

Remove ads