Path of Enlightenment [D&D4E]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Leng Shen Kaoru]
The three of you run to town at full speed. After almost half an hour running, you see the town’s south wall with a huge breach. Pieces of stone and wood are scattered next to the hole. You see 8 persons in front of it. One is a woman, of enormous size; she’s holding a Gundao in one hand, and a short spear in the other. There are two persons, lying on the grass. The other 5 are medium size men, one holding a long spear, the other 4, unarmed. They are attacking the woman for what you can tell at the distance. As you get closer, you see the big woman throwing the short spear, which cuts the air and goes through one of the unarmed man’s chest; he falls to the ground motionless. The other 4 men swarm around the woman; two missed their kicks –despite the size of the target- but one hits the woman in her shoulder, and the fourth pierce her right leg with his spear. As you get closer, she raises his face and looks at you. “It was about time! I can beat them all by myself, but I was saving some fun for you too” You recognize the voice of weapon master Wei Dan. Two bandits turn their heads to look at their new foes.

OOC: Roll initiative! I’ll have a map ready soon. Check it out in the OOC thread.[/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
[sblock=DM]
"Tell me!" Koryo commands in a threating whisper.

"Tell me what you saw and heard of the Black Veil in Tiger's Rest."

"And speak truly and clear. A fool who would try to lie or trick me will tell me the truth eventually, but a wise man would tell me at once."
[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Koryo] The man reacts slowly, still drunk.
“Yess my dear, Ah’m aware of what ye’r capable to to. Weeeell… Not tha’ Ah’m a very straight and honorable man, but what Ah’ heard seemed not good. Not right, ye know darling. Tha’ mayor’s ambition is goin’ to be Tiger’s rest doom Ah tell ye. As Ah’ load up the cargo the other morning Ah’ heard mayor Tumen speaking with a strange man. He was dressed just like you my dear! Anyway, they were speaking of opening the dam, so the lake drains. Tha’ way the strange man said, “they” could search the cave fer an artifact. Mayor Tumen seemed very distressed when the man spoke about Mask’s interests in the success of tha’ mission. But ye know, if the lake drains, there will be nothin’ there to sustain the peoples of Tiger’s rest…. Well dear, thas’ all Ah heard. Did ye miss me?” the captain looks at you with a sudden sad face. Then he burps and passes out. [/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock=Leng, Shen, Kaoru] Initiative 15 Kaoru is a little bit quicker (or more reckless) than his friends. Gulping again, as soon as he can react, he tries to flank one of the bandits and hit him with a (half-hearthed) kickaimed at the head. The kick is not that great, but sometimes strange happens: as he is moving, a strange mist envelops him and makes him harder to spot.

ooc: Sorry, but Kaoru is still not ready to use his warlock powers [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= Initiative]
Bandit (s): 19
Wei Dan: 17
Kaoru Airhead: 15
Bandit: 14
Bandit: 14
Bandit: 13
Shen Rui: 11
Lucky Leng: 6
[/sblock]

The bandit armed with the spear uses the time you spoke with Wei Dan to act. He wields his spear to hit the woman in her flank. Wei Dan’s face shows you the bandit stroke true. She quickly counterattacks, making a massive move, using his weight to propel the gundao’s blade into the man’s abdomen. The bandit screams in pain, holding the bleeding injury.

[sblock=Combat]
Bandit s attack
Bandit s damage
Wei Dan brute strike attack.
Wei Dan brute strike damage. [/sblock]
[sblock=Bandits stats, you don’t look!]
AC: 14
F: 15
R: 12
W: 12
HP: 25
Attck: +5(S), +3[/sblock]

[sblock=Kaoru]
I see that you don’t get adjacent to to any of the bandits (you are at least at 7 squares) in the first round, do you wish to change your action?[/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
[sblock=DM]
'Drain the lake?' Perplexed by the answer, Koryo questions the silence in the captain's cabin, more than the unconcious captain himself.

"How strange for them to come to Tiger's Rest as I leave. Yet, the causes appear unrelated. Still, I cannot help but wonder." he thinks to himself as he quietly returns to his hammock, hoping for fair winds to expidite the journey to Singing Spring Island.
[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock]Shen rushes in at a bandit that appears uninjured. He roars a battlecry as he smashes his gun off the bandit. His shouts raise his comrades' confidence for this battle.

ooc: Uses Lead the Attack to give allys within 5 squares a +3 power bonus to attack rolls against the target until the end of the encounter. Lead the Attack on uninjured bandit (1d20+4=23)

Warlord's Favor damage (2d8+4=15)
lead the attack mess up (1d8=2)
Total dmg: 17

edit: I messed up on my rolls, I used Warlord's Favor instead of Lead the Attack on the damage roll. I needed to roll another d8 and add the dmg to the die. Sorry.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases