Path of Enlightenment [D&D4E]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= W & Z]
The populace apparently doesn't hear the guards request. They are frighten. Some begin to shout eachother, another group seems in sorrow, while another group is speaking quickly and making conclusions even quicker.
"Shut up, all of you!" the voice of the village elder sounded like a thunder in a stormy night.
The thin and decrepit image of the elder emerges from the crowd. Zin Pa was an old man, even for old's men standards. He was a miner all his life, and that kind of work, leave men marjed for the rest of their lives. Wise men say that the earth leave the same marks on men, that men leave on earth. This was true for Zin Pa.
Advancing slowly with his quarterstaff, the old man gestures something the the crowd, to silence the remaining whispers.
"We have hear fighting, fighting and explosions. We saw one of our guards, wounded. We have not see our third guard. We have heard the howling of the Mountain fiend, in the clear silence of the night. Now you came with a stranger! It is you who needs to explain yourself young soldier." the old man points at Wang Chi with his bony finger.
The crowd looks in expectation
[/sblock]

Helfdan

First Post
Wang Chi

[sblock=DM and Z]
Wang sighs, trying to remain patient. He speaks in a calm but crisp voice. "Honorable elder, I will gladly answer all your questions, for as always, your wisdom will be most useful. But first, this man, a servant of the Emperor, must be cared for. And as you have never before spoken of this mountain fiend to this humble servant of the Emperor, it may be best for us to speak in private." [/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Voda]OOC: Sorry for the delay.

Ban Lu moves to put his healing skill to use and then stops to consider what might be going on here. Why did the men attack as I attempted to treat their Captain? Something smells as foul as last week's fish here. He smells the Captain's breath and looks for any dirty dishes or used glasses and checks for any hint of poison.

OOC: Insight (1d20+20=27)

Nature and Streetwise checks (1d20+5=21, 1d20+2=6)

Heal check (1d20+20=22)[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
[sblock=Voda]Hmmm, I fear I cannot explain it. I just went over my character sheet and the trained skills all seem to be ten higher than they should be. The untrained skills seem to be right. I must apologize. I have corrected the numbers on my sheet. My previous post should be as follows:

Ban Lu moves to put his healing skill to use and then stops to consider what might be going on here. Why did the men attack as I attempted to treat their Captain? Something smells as foul as last week's fish here. He smells the Captain's breath and looks for any dirty dishes or used glasses and checks for any hint of poison.

OOC: Insight (1d20+10=17)

Nature and Streetwise checks (1d20+5=21, 1d20+2=6)

Heal check (1d20+10=12) [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= Z W]

The elder accompanies you to the barracks, and the local medic came to tend to Wang Chi’s comrade.
Once alone in the barrack, the old man looks at you two quizzically “I hear you now Wang Chi”
[/sblock]
[sblock= K L S]

Kaoru finds a crossbow and a quiver of bolts in one corner of the room, and runs outside. The trio makes their way through the town and watches the villagers tiding up the unconscious bandits, and pilling the dead ones. The shout hoorays and thanks to the three brothers, which is quite embarrassing. The baker’s daughter also cheers up, but just for Leng, the Luckiest.
Master Jien’s pupils get to the breach, were Wei Dan is being carried into the town by four men. The hulking woman is supporting her weight on her Gundao, and the poor weapon bends dangerously. The weaponmaster is pretty wounded. She gives you a wink and a short farewell, before disappearing in the dirt streets in her way home.
When you step outside the town, you see near a dozen more bodies decorating the scene. Most of them are beheaded or with one or more severed extremities.
With light step, you leave the plains of Smiling Spring to venture further into Wu Fan sandbeach. Far away you see a big ship, docked about 150 meters from the coast. In the shore you see a group of people, fighting.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Ban Lu]

I think I know what happened, you must have added the value of taking 10 to the skill. Don’t worry about it.

Nature: Succes. You try to identify the illness, and you get surprised by your findings. This is not a disease, its actual poison. You recognize it as Carrion crawler brain juice. Carrion crawlers are dwellers of ancient tombs and caves; they are dire creatures that feast upon the dead. The juice extracted from one of these creatures’s brian is said to have the same properties of the vermin’s paralyzing tentacles.
You gain a +2 in your healing checks

Insight: Succes. Something is really wrong about this. First the sudden Mutiny, second, a strange poison found only in a few places among the empire.
As your mind struggles with solving the problem, you hear the voice of your master from inside your gun. “Poisoning… There is no honor in that. Poison handlers usually use needles placed in every-day objects to deliver their foul venom.” The voice subsides.
You gain a +4 in perception checks actively looking for the poisoned object.

Streetwise: Fail. You don’t recall hearing anything in the ship during the last days.

Heal: Fail. You try to stabilize the captain, but you are not able to find the correct treatment. The man struggles in pain.
You discover the Captain is paralyzed and suffering of 5 ongoing damage.

[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Ban Lu

[sblock=Voda]Seeing how the Captain is suffering, Ban Lu starts with Prayer. Then he takes some time to look for the poisoned item. Finally he settles in to treating the Carrion Crawler poison. He checks the Captain for a possible wound site and tries to draw the poison out.

OOC: Healing Word Cleric Feature the Captain can take a Healing surge+1d6+4.
Perception check (1d20+9=14)
Healing Check (1d20+10=16)[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=DM, Leng, Kaoru]

"Come." Shen said quietly, although he knew the words did not need to be spoken. He sprints toward the fray, hoping to keep the battle away from the innocents.[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=DM & Wang]

Ziang keeps silent, listening to the elder and Wang.

[sblock=OOC]

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ziang Yu
Perception: 17 Insight: 14 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 16 Will 14
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 9 / 9
Encounter Powers: Healing Infusion (Restorative Formular, Curative Admixture) 2/2, Repair Object, Spike Wire
Daily Powers: Caustic Rampart, Restoratve Infusion
[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases