Path of Enlightenment [D&D4E]

Helfdan

First Post
Wang Chi

[sblock=DM and Z] Wang removes his helmet and takes a drink of water before starting. "Bo Cho and I were on duty, when we heard explosions from outside of the village. I asked Bo Cho to sound a warning, and went to investigate. I found several brigands attacking this traveler." He indicates Ziang. "I ordered them to stop, and they would not, at first, so I made ready to fight them. Suddenly, we were assaulted by a Lizard-Demon! The brigands helped at first, but left in the middle of the fight. Ziang and I finished it, and came back to find Bo Cho dead and the village in an uproar." He sighs. "Again, respected Zin Pa, wha happened here?"[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= S L K]
As the three of you run through the beach, a thundering sound makes you stop, suddenly. A smoke cloud can bee seen in the flank of the ship, and you start to hear a whistle sound that gets lauder and lauder each second.
In a blink, the near sand dune explodes in a cloud of blinding sand. Luckily it was far enough from you; but surely the operators of the cannon are fixing their coordinates.

Skill encounter fer ye!
Running through the sandbeach you try to avoid the sand explosions.
Primary skill: Roll either Athletics: You try to avoid the blinding cloud of sand, lifted by the impact, with a huge leap forward. If you miss, you take a -2 to perception rolls.
Or Endurance: You swallow sand and dirt, but keep running, unmoved by the shockwave of the impact. You take a -2 to perception rolls even if you succeed.

Secondary skill: Perception.
If you succeed on a DC: 14 of active perception you see the canon ball, and that grants you a +2 in avoiding it using athletics.

Clearly it’s easier to go with athletics, but there’s always a Brute’s way to do things. 

You need 6 success or 3 failures to end the encounter.
If you fail, you can’t go further until you can clean your eyes, and some events will unfold without you.

[/sblock]

[sblock= Ban Lu]

Heal: Success: The captain seems more relieved with your healing, although he is still poisoned.
Perception: success: You notice something shiny in the captains shoes, near the bed.
The healing surge delays the poison: fixed a failure.
1 success and 0 faliures.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Wang Ziang]

The old man freezes when you mentioned killing the lizard fiend. You almost thought he was dead, since he didn’t even breathe after that. When you were up to stand and check his pulse, he breathes deeply.
“You slain the Lizard demon?” he looks the both of you with incredulity in his narrowed eyes. After a few tense seconds the sighs and relaxes his features. “You have done a great good! You are heroes! The town should hear this news; in these times of darkness, it comes like a torch of hope” the old man smiles. He suddenly looks at Ziang. “Please honored guest, I beg you pardon this old fool. Enlighten me with your name please.”
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=voda]
As you enter the cabin, this time not as stealthy as the other night, you see the captain seat at his desk, where a big map is displayed. “Take a seat sailor” the man said. “Let’s go straight to the point: Who are ye, and what do ye want? Who was in that ship? Answer me, ‘coz there are a bunch o’ men under my orders in this ship for ye to deal with. The only reason Ah’ don’t tell them to throw ye into the sea was that ye mention the Veil … Only a fool isn’t afraid of the Veil… And Ah’m not fool when I’m sober. ” The man looks at you, frowning.

Sir...who I am is of little importance in this predicament. And what I want at the moment, is no more than being on this ship as a humble sailor... answers Koryo, quite humbly indeed. Then he continues, this time thrusting his eyes into the captain's: Now speaking of what you want... or rather don't want... you don't want the hands of the Black veil to reach you... and, switching back to his threatening voice of the previous night: ...any of its hands.

Koryo pauses for a moment, then smiles softly, and concludes, caressing his thin beard: Fear, sir, is often the obedient daughter of wisdom.

ooc: hope i didn't miss the spot or the tone here...[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= Koryo]
The captain narrows his eyes. “I know what is fear boy, tha’s why I aint sailing directly to that ship. So ye be sayin’ that be a ship from the Black veil assassins?” The man seems lost in his thoughts for a moment “But we must get to Singin’ Sprin’, we have many goods down there that will root eventually. We’ll evade them, that’s it!” the old sea wolf stands. “Ye be comin’ with me, consider yerself my new advisor”
The captain opens the door and get up to the deck.
“Listen ye salty dogs! We be takin’ a ‘detour’.” The man pushes the Helmsman to a side and takes the wheel. He takes violent turns to avoid the ship of the black veil, and you see it disappearing in the horizon.
Hours later, the sailor in the main mast shouted “Land!” and a few minutes of navigation, revealed land at the south. Singing Spring.
Your heart pumped strongly in your chest. You felt cold sweet running through your forehead.
Anxiousness, but why? You didn’t felt this sensation since your last kill. Your hands shake, and your pulse speeds up.
Each moment, the land grows in front of your eyes, and the sensation grows in the same proportion.
“We are goin’ to dock on the sand beach men!” the captain explains the sailors.
The man’s voice gets you out of your trance in the proper moment. Following your instincts, you take the spyglass and distinguish a ship docked in the sand beach, a few meters away from the shore. It has a black flag with a skull and a pair of Daos crossed in front. Pirates.

[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=voda]Advice you asked for, sir, and advice I bring you. Look at the docked ship's flag. says Koryo to the captain, quickly passing the spyglass to him. ...though something tells me we won't be avoiding this fight... he then mutters between himself, tightening and relaxing his fists' muscles repeteadly, and checking the dao and dagger concealed under his robe.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=DM & Wang]

"My name is Ziang Yu, honored elder. I hope our victory was a final one. Some supernatural beasts have the ability to resurrect." Ziang tells the elder and Wang.

[sblock=OOC]
Arcane+10, can demons be killed permanent on the material plan?
[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ziang Yu
Perception: 17 Insight: 14 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 16 Will 14
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 9 / 9
Encounter Powers: Healing Infusion (Restorative Formular, Curative Admixture) 2/2, Repair Object, Spike Wire
Daily Powers: Caustic Rampart, Restoratve Infusion
[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=KLS]Leng leaps aside, but trips on a fallen branch and cannot get clear of the sand. Wiping at his streaming eyes, he stumbles onward.

ooc: I assume athletics 12 fails.
[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock=Leng Shen Kaoru]
Kaoru leaps nimbly and manages to avoid the dustcloud. He then scans the ship, trying to be ready for the next cannon ball, but he gets distracted by the fact that his friends need help.[/sblock]

Remove ads