Pirate 1 11 Dead
Pirate 2 6 Dead
Pirate 3 6 Dead
Pirate 4 5 Dead
Pirate 5 Dead
Pirate 6 unconscious
Pirate 7 unconscious
Pirate 8 Dead

Master Jien and Go Tao knock the last two pirates down.
The group gathers as Lucky secures the two fellows on the blood bathed sand.
“This is wrong. I sense a great disturbance…” Jien says, with his eyes half open. “You should be able to feel it too my students” the master says.
Go Tao, as always pays no attention: “What about those guys over there in the water?” he asks, but Master Jien wasn’t hearing him. His eyes were locked in the direction of the school. He shakes his head lightly “You should investigate them, I must return to the school.” Saying nothing more, nor hearing any one, Master Jien runs back to the school at unmatched speed.
The sound of steel meeting steel can be heard clearly, carried away by the sea breeze.

OOC: You can roll an insight check to try to feel what master Jien has felt.
To reach the battle in the sea would require two successful swim checks. Each check would count as your actions during the battle round, so the sooner you make the two rolls, the sooner you get to the place.
There are the corpses of the pirates too, and the boat. It has room for the four of you and will require strength checks to make it there against the waves. Two characters need to roll a 1d20+Str and pass a DC of 12. Also, the two rolls need to be rather similar. A difference of 5 or more in the rolls will mean a failure.
Just to get it more clear, it’s not a skill challenge, you just have to do whatever you want, you can go after Master Jien if you want to, or stay at the beach and enjoy the show, it’s up to you, I just gave you some mechanics for some of the options you have.
[/sblock]

[sblock= Ban Lu]
“Well… I’ll tell you what I know: a stranger came to me the night before we sailed off. He said that he and his organization were informing all ships about avoiding Singing Spring Island; he said he spoke to the captain, but that he didn’t listen. He said the captian would put us all in great danger if we sailed up there. At first I was suspicious, and when he offered me the poison I was up to punch him in the face. But then he showed the royal sign, the sign of the Emperor. He said that the Order of the Black Veil would be grateful if we stopped the captain… So I thought I could earn some coins if I convinced the captain… But then, when I turned back to walk to the ship, that man said something to me, something that still hunts me now: “We won’t be accepting failure. Not a single one” I turned to see him, but he was no longer there. But I didn’t know the poison was so strong, I thought it was just to knock him down for a while!” Although the man seems to be extremely nervous about revealing all this information, and that it sounded strange, and why not: ridiculous, he seems to be sincere.

4/1, success! Skill encounter completed.
[/sblock]
[sblock= Z & W]
You hear the footsteps of something heavy, running ahead in the tunnel. The sound seems to be some sort of claw hitting the rocky ground. The sound gets louder, so Ziang pulls out one of his sunrods. The alchemical compounds inside it burn in a reaction that illuminates the tunnel, and shows the bulk of a Lizard demon, just a few steps away from the two men.

Initiative order:
Lizard Demon
Ziang Yu
Wang Chi
The demon charges forward and bashes Wang Chi with its claws.
[sblock=Map]
The black area is the tunnel, and the grey area are solid rock. Also there's some rocks behind which you could hide or get cover.
tunelapretadoyx2.jpg
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

[sblock= Koryo]

Initiative order:
Koryo -6
Captian -5
Sailor Dead
Sailor1 -14
Sailor2 Dead
Sailor3 -9
Sailor4 Dead
Pirate1-9
Pirate2 -10
Pirate3 Dead
Pirate4 Unconscious
Pirate5 Unconscious.
Pirate6 -8
Pirate7
Pirate8
Pirate9
Pirate10
Pirate11 -4

The pirates is dumb enough to be fooled by Koryos trick, and receives a punch in the face that leaves him floating unconscious. Koryo could try to retrieve a weapon from the bottom, but it would require him to get his head underwater and search for it (which provokes). Seeing his attacker floating away, the captain focuses on the sneaky pirate on his side (1) and cuts the man’s chest. The sailor close to Koryo also manages to hit his opponent, but wounded as he was, he couldn’t avoid the deadly swing the nimble pirate delivered to his aorta. The waters turn red.
A few meters from there the sailors manage to drop a pirate dead, but the nasty and sneaky pirates outnumber them. They kill two sailors stabbing them from behind.

OOC: I'm rolling the attacks, I'm just too lazy to paste them all in an understandable way. :angel: And btw the pirates are owning!
[sblock=Map]
aguasturbulentaswn3.jpg
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Nightbreeze

First Post
[sblock= L S K] Kaoru feels still too stunned to complete a decision-making process, and thus will listen to what his friends have to say. Meanwhile, he hazily hears about master Jiem speaking about a "disturbance", and wonders what may he mean by that? Like someone dropping a solid boulder into a peaceful lake, or as if a million of voices suddenly cried out in terror and were suddenly stiffled...he concentrates, but feels nothing.

ooc: sorry, couldn't resist :) [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=DM,L,K]

Shen scowled..... he hated when he didn't understand what the Master was talking about. He stood still on the beach, torn with what to do. Did the Master instruct him to stay and fight, or did he want him to follow? Shen turned quickly to the battle on the shore....... then turned and ran after Master Jien.

ooc: Sorry I wanna know what he felt and figure that things seem pretty well in hand at the moment. If that puts a damper on your plans....... drop a hint and he will change his mind lol.

[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=KLS]Leng hesitates, torn between the thrill of battle and the company of his master and his best friend. He closes his eyes for a moment and tries to steady his breathing, doing his best to listen to the world-spirit as Master Jien had tried so hard to teach him.

ooc: Insight 15
[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=voda]Hold on, Captain! I'll come to help you as soon as I get free of this one! says Koryo loudly, slashing again at the pirate in front of him. This time he cleanly hits with his dao the Pirate's chest. The man instinctively tries to jump back, but Koryo hits him with a hook kick in the back of the skull that the pirate doesn't even see, stopping him in his track.

[sblock=action]minor:quarry on 6;standard: twin strike 21 vs AC, 8 dmg + 3 quarry; 19 vs AC, 3 dmg, total 14 non-lethal dmg; IF the pirate falls, Koryo will get his weapon with his move action, since there's no more pirates adjacent to him[/sblock]

Phew, finally some decent rolls...
WTH, these sailors are wussies!

[sblock=ministats]Koryo, human ranger 1
Init:+5 Speed:6 Insight:13 Perception:20
AC:15 For:17 Ref:15 Will:14
Hp:28/34 Surge:8 Surges/d:7/7
Basic/opportunity attack: scimitar +7,1d8+4 dmg
Powers: Twin strike, hit and run, careful attack
Two-fanged strike, Unbalancing parry, Channel Chi
Jaws of the wolf[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Walking Dad

First Post
[sblock=DM & Wang]
Ziang retreats behind one of the rocks, and once more, his crossbow betrays him...

[sblock=OOC]
http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1801474/Move: left, up
Standard: Aggrevating force (vs AC) (1d20+7=10, 1d8+4=5)

Does Wng needs already healin? Is he bloodied?
If yes, minor for Restorative formula

[sblock=Mini stat block]
Ziang Yu
Perception: 17 Insight: 14 Normal Vision
AC 18 Fortitude 15 Reflex 16 Will 14
Hit Points: 31 / 31 Bloodied: 15
Temporary Hit Points: 0
Action Points: 0 Second Wind: 1
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 9 / 9
Encounter Powers: Healing Infusion (Restorative Formular, Curative Admixture) 2/2, Repair Object, Spike Wire
Daily Powers: Caustic Rampart, Restoratve Infusion
[/sblock]
[/sblock][/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Ban Lu

[sblock=Voda]Doing his best to contain his shock at these allegations involving the Emperor and the Black Veil, Ban Lu asks casually, and what of the others involved in the fight on deck. How did they become involved?[/sblock]

Remove ads