Path of Enlightenment [D&D4E]

Helfdan

First Post
Wang Chi

The young man in armor goes down on one knee before the elder, left hand on swordhilt. "I am a soldier of the Empire, Lord. My sword is yours to command."

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shen nods with the soldier's words, "You only need point us in the right direction Master." He pauses for a moment and looks around the room, "The gods have joined us together on this day. I do not think it was a coinicidence." He offers each of them a slight bow, "Each of you helped save the lives of many people on this island; and so you have my word that I will do all in my power to protect this group as our travels commence."

covaithe

Explorer
Leng rocks back on his heels, his mouth open in amazement. Slowly he speaks. "Master, I have never doubted your words, but sometimes I misunderstand. Are you saying that the Emperor, may he live forever, is a demon?"

Voda Vosa

First Post
Lu Ian Tien acknowledges your compliments and words. He ponders Leng's reply for a moment "Our emperor died many years ago my son, but the creature that is now ruling the empire might be a demon, as you say, or something else, I'm not certain about it's nature. But your words are true, nonetheless, the empire is been ruled by an evil entity."
The old master stands up "If all of you trust me, I'll lead you, not as your general" he looks at Koryo and Wang Chi "Not as your master" he looks at his three sons "But as your friend and comrade"
He makes a pause looking at every men in the room "I'd fail in the past, but I intent not to fail today, nor the days to come. I have my hopes in you, warriors. I know you all combining your skills and prowess can defeat the black creatures. And this day, this will be the day that you'll kill the first one. I'm afraid that my strengths have been drained away from me, but I'm certain that if you use your hearts, you can overcome the foul beast. I'll remain here with Wei Dan, waiting for you; when you kill the creature, come back to me, I still have something to teach you"
Wei Dan appears from behind, closing the door of his house. "Oh you are not going anywhere, that's for damn sure old man." she says addressing Tien. "Now you come here, I have something for you, yes, all of you."
Wei Dan opens a secret compartment below the floor carpet, and takes out a big wooden box. She opens it and stands up "They are all yours, pick whichever you want."

OOC: Sorry for the delay guys. Wei Dan is giving each you a 3 level weapon. So in your next post, let me know which one you chose, and if your characters are going to do something before moving on to the final encounter of this chapter!.

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]uhmm.. I was thinking: Koryo is a ranger.So Could he get two lvl1 weapons instead of one lvl3? The value is almost the same. If it's possible I'd like two +1 longswords, simply enough.[/sblock]

Koryo looks at the wooden box, but doesn't move closer yet. Instead, he sighs, lookind down for a couple of seconds. This quest... I understand its great importance, but... I have my own, too. He closes his eyes, in meditation.
It is said that nothing is born from diamonds, but flowers can grow out of manure. he finally says, opening his eyes. So it be. I'll take the long path. I'll aid you. And in saying so, Koryo stands and approaches the box, looking inside.

Atanatotatos

First Post
[sblock=ooc]also, Koryo will buy/ask for a typical gourd bottle of alcool and tie it to his arm. You know, to purify the swords... :heh:

GourdBottle.gif[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kaoru

Kaoru leaned against a wall, sipping tea and contemplating all that was said. Inside, he was mulling over the last conversation he had with Master Tien . . . with Master Jien now . . . worried about that which was within him, though Master did not seem worried about it.

Kaoru bowed to the weapon master, glancing through the large box of items. Within . . . a long rod of wood was almost calling to him. There was also a slender dagger-like blade that interested him if the long rod turned out to be a polearm of some kind.

[sblock=ooc]Going with Vicious Rod from AV p 102. If not, then he'll go with a pact blade dagger.

[Vicious Rod - Implement (Rod), Enhancement: Attack rolls and damage rolls
Critical: +1d10 damage per plus
Property: When you deal your Warlock’s Curse damage with this rod, you roll d8s instead of d6s.][/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= Koryo]
OOC: Yes you can have two +1 longswords, although I'm surprised that you switched from scimitars to longswords. Let's call them jians anyway. You know, fluffy stuff. And of course you can have that pumpkin booze container!

IC: Koryo retrieves the two jians, a moment before one of Tien's students leans to take out a wooden bo of sorts. As the veteran assassin looks the young man's face, he suddenly realizes something odd... He looked much like his old friend Daejo!

Koryo's Inisght: 15[/sblock]

Atanatotatos

First Post
Looking into the box, Koryo notices two curved swords of escellent facture. He leans forth and takes them, admiring them from close up in his hands. I'll have these daos... their balance seems perfect. he comments, while executing an extremely slow swing in front of him with the two swords in a cross shape, focused. My compliment to the maker. then he sheates the sword in his belt, while removing his old rusty daos, and putting them on a table in the corner of the room.
If you could be se kind as to give me some alcohol, I'll purify the blades... he says, then his gaze drifts to Kaoru, and the former assassin narrows his eyes like arrow slits and fixes them in the face of the young man.
If I may dare to ask, young friend... wouldn't you happen to have an older brother, or cousin, that resembles you much? Then he waits fro Kaoru's answer, in silence.

[sblock=voda]Ah, about the swords... Thing is, I wanted scimitars/daos for flavor purposes, but the thing is, I forgot about my (relative) bad luck with rolls...I missed a lot in the fight on the beach, and I really hate to miss... So basically I'm going for the best accuracy I can (i roll ver very few criticals generally so the scimitars don't make much sense)... and if I can have them be daos for flavor purose, all the better!
Thanks btw.[/sblock]

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kaoru

Kaoru shrugged, only briefly glancing at the stranger. Instead, he kept his eyes and his attention on the bo in his hands, gripping it in different stances and positions. "My apologies, good sir, but I do not know," Kaoru offered simply. "I was only an infant when I came into Master Jien . . . Tien . . . Jien's care."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases