Path of Enlightenment [D&D4E]

Atanatotatos

First Post
What kind of powers did this monster have? asks Koryo, seriously. I have fought beasts before, but none that seemed so alien as Master Tien's story reported. What was its shape?

covaithe

Explorer
Leng takes the armor reverentially from his master, bowing deeply over and over again. He dons the armor, ignoring the places where it pinches and chafes his lanky frame. Eventually he returns to the task at hand. "It was shaped very like Master Jiem -- I mean, Tien. But it was a creature of shadow. It hurled blasts of red magic. I'm sorry I did not see more; we fled to bring our master to safety."

Voda Vosa

First Post
The newly formed group of warriors start their march out of town, passing by the breach in the walls, since the main gate remained closed.
They walk through the path alongside of the sand beach. The afternoon sun shines nicely in the blue sky.
As they started walking among the vegetation that leads to the school, the sounds of nature, birds, bugs, even the singing wind seems to damper until they go completely silent.
A blow of wind from the school, that now can be seen, carries the stench of putrefaction, which stings in the nose of the travellers. A strange mist covers the ground of the school, from your point of view, like fog in a cold morning. The only difference is that the weather is warm now, and it's mid-afternoon.
Weary, the warriors approach the school grounds, walking under the entrance arch. The mist still covers most of the ground, but the corpses of the students and of the assasins can be seen, with it's fingers curled by rigor mortis. The skin of the cadavers is way too pale and blueish considering that they were alive a few hours ago. The stench of rotten flesh is more penetrating here.
The tranquillity of this places is unsettling, there's something odd about this deathly silence.

OOC: I need a marching order, an also a religion/arcane/perception roll of each. You choose the skill you like the most, each will give different information.

Keia

I aim to misbehave
Kaoru

Kaoru stayed near the back or in the back as the group wound its way to the dojo. There was a reluctance in his stance and movements, though Kaoru himself felt resolute.

[sblock=ooc]OOC: Arcana check: 1d20+9=18 [/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Shen marches in the rear, unwilling to let an attack come from the rear.

[sblock=ooc]

Perception roll = 1d20+5=18

Um.... Lead on Leng. I will charge whatever attacks more than likely, I'd just rather not have someone run up behind the group and say hello to a caster. [/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Shen Leng and Koryo can spot little movements under the heavy fog that covers the floor, something is not as dead as it seems. Koryo can tell exactly what is moving down there: The corpses!
Kaoru feels the necrotic energy that fills this place now. It is centred on the dead corpses on the ground.
Wang and Ziang can't spot anything under the mist.
Ban Lu feels the corruption of this place, there's no god that could allowed this kind of perversion, at least, none that he knows off.

The warriors stand ready, and watch in horror how the corpses stand and move: Zombies!
"That creature! It has corrupted their bodies!" Ziang wasps.

OOC: Thanks to the success you are not surprised by the zombies. Post actions and initiatives. You all get to move before the zombies. Some are monions and some are not, I wont tell you which =). Cc stands for Corruption Corpse.
[sblock=Initiative & status]
Koryo: 24
Leng: 24
Shen Rui: 20
Wang Chi: 8
Kaoru: 8
Ban Lu: 7
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie
Zombie