Path of Enlightenment [D&D4E]

Scotley

Hero
Ban Lu

[sblock=Voda]Ban Lu bows humbly before speaking. "I hear you noble elder. I am most grateful for the kindness you have shown me. It is with a heavy heart that I leave you. These are strange times. I have received a vision. There is trouble that threatens us all. I go not to abandon you but to save you. The very nature of our world is in danger. I have been summoned by powers beyond the normal world. This is a matter of the spirits of the dead and as a holy man I am obligated to attend them. Go home and hug your children. The future is in danger. If the natural way of things cannot be restored we are all in peril. If I do not go, any further teaching I do here would be of little consequence in the coming storm. Trust me when I tell you that my leaving now is the best thing for all of us. I will either return or send you a worthy successor. Now, I must be on my way. This matter is urgent." [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=Leng]ooc: Hmm. It's not entirely clear to me how the movement here works, since I don't have a map. Did Leng have to charge to reach the bandit? If so, he's restricted to a basic melee attack at +1, which in this case is +9 vs AC for 1d8+4 damage. If Shen's power allows him to get to the bandit without charging, then he'll use a power: cleave if the other bandit would be adjacent, else reaping strike. Both of those would be at +8 vs AC for 1d8+4, with some effects depending on which one was used. I'll go ahead and roll 1d20+8 and 1d8+4, and let you apply the additional modifiers that are appropriate based on the situation. Results: Hits AC 11 for 8 damage. Sigh.

Also, is this a new encounter or a continuation of the previous one? In other words, does Leng have his expended encounter power back?[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock= OOC: LKS] You have the map, as you have had every map I mentioned early. They are in the first post of the OOC thread, here, look
I'll wait until you see the map and decide your actions before resolving the actions for the surprise round[/sblock]

[sblock=Koryo]
You go out with the rest of the sailors. By the tie your face was hit by the sun rays, you hear the voice of the captain. The man seems very different from the pathetic scum you assault in the cabin.
“Take yer weapons men! That ship far in the horizon has no flag. They could be pirates trying to loot our precious supplies. We will show them how the people of Tiger rest fight! Full speed ahead helmsman!” The captain ordered. The sailors roar with shouts of battle, and soon, they begin to prepare the ship for the rigors of a sea battle.
[/sblock]

[sblock=Ban Lu]
The elder consider your words, scratching his short beard. Some of the other, younger men, still look at you with angry eyes. Loosing patience, one of them, holding a wheat fork, tries to attack you with it, but is paralyzed by the old man’s freezing glance. “This man must go, and we must hast his depart. He is a noble soul and great are his tasks. We will pray for your success master Ban Lu, I understand your situation.” The elder takes a short bow to you, and then he looks at his cohorts. “Bring this holy man some water and rice bread. Quick” he orders. Two of the youngest ran to search for the requested goods, and were back soon enough. “Safe journey master Ban Lu, we will be waiting for your return.” With that and a short bow, the elder and his cohorts salute you and walk away. [/sblock]

Last edited:

Voda Vosa

First Post
[sblock=Wang Chi]
Today was a fair day, no clouds in the blue sky that obscure the brightly spring sun. You spend the day guarding the mine of Iron Hills, because yesterday the miners reported a strange creature wandering by next to the mine entrance. Your hand was on your jian’s hilt all the day, and your hand was thigh around your quiang’s pole. But you saw no monster or creature in the surroundings. The sun started to hide behind the Iron Mountains when you and the miners began your way to town. It took you only an hour of walk to reach your barrack, but your armor was especially heavy today. At the moment you opened the barrack’s door, your partner guard was on his way out.
“Finally you returned my friend! I already eat dinner, but there are some rice left and some wine. But I mostly ate and drank all of it” Bo Cho said laughing and continued his way to the gate. It was his turn at the gates now, and it will be yours in about 4 hours, so you ate what Bo Cho left and sleep what you could.

You had a strange dream in that short time. You dreamed about a man, surrounded with fire and explosions. He must be in a burning place, you thought. The man was escaping from something. He ran in the dark, you were watching him in the face, but his features were obscured. You could hear his breath, agitated. You saw arrows flying, from behind, and more explosions. Suddenly, an explosion flashes you, a white light directly in front of you. Then you hear a voice calling you. “Wake up Wang! Come, its your turn on the gates.” It was Gu Fen, the other guard, whose shift was over. Slowly you dressed up and grab your weapons.
The night was nice, and the night breeze felt refreshing on your face, carrying the scents of the few blossomed jasmine plants in the town.
You reach the gate, where Bo Cho was standing. He didn’t greet you, and when you get closer you could note he was standing asleep. [/sblock]

Zweischneid

First Post
[sblock=DM]Pirates? The gods do have chosen to test me on this final quest of mine.. Koryo ponders amids the swarming preparations for battle.

Joining his shipmates in taking up a stout fishing-spear, he addresses a scarred sailor nearby, putting the doubts and fears of his guise as an old farm-hand at sea into his voice.
"Do you often fight with pirates in these waters? Are their no patrols by the empire protecting the seaways?"[/sblock]

Scotley

Hero
Ban Lu

[sblock=Voda]"Thank you most wise elder. I shall return as soon as possible. The food and your prayers will sustain me on this journey. My blessing on you and your people." With a final bow Ban Lu sets off down the road. He keeps in mind that when this is all over that fellow with the fork will need to be reminded of the proper respect owed to a holy man. However, his thoughts soon turn to weighty matters. He walks Gun in hand and considers his master's words.[/sblock]

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
[sblock=Leng, Kaoru, DM]

Shen will sprint toward the foes, taking whichever one Leng doesn't attack. He will still use his encounter power to grant Leng another move action. (she is important to him after all) [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]Well, after looking at the map, I'm slightly clearer. Did we ever get an initiative order? I don't see one, but... Anyway, it looks like Leng needs 10 squares of movement to get to the one on Mei Fu, which will leave him not adjacent to the other bandit. With the extra move granted by Shen, he doesn't need to charge, so he'll just move twice and use reaping strike. The attack, as before hits AC 11 for 8 damage, which presumably misses. Since this is reaping strike, the bandit still takes 4 damage. In any case, Leng will use combat challenge to mark him.[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases