Proposal - Disguise Undead

hornedturtle

First Post
I found this spell in the spell compendium and thought it would be useful for a necromancer i would like to play.

Disguise Undead - Spell Compendium
Illusion (Glamer)
Level: Scorcerer/wizard 2

It basically makes the undead creature look like anything of a similar size and shape.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Its disguise self for undead, though it lasts a lot longer. Doesn't look terrible to me, though the detect undead immunity may be a bit much (though nondetection is just one level higher and more general).

I'm not opposed, but I'd like to hear from the other judges. Might want to post on General to get everyone's attention.

Moggthegob

First Post
Well, I am not ready to approve or disapprove yet. The immunity to detect undead seems a bit broken to me. i would approve with a slight modification.

Instead of immunity to detect undead, require a caster level check on the behalf of the party casting detect undead DC 10+ casting character's caster level+ character's casting stat, making it improbable for the undead to be detected,but not impossible.

This way, when a Dm uses it, it is possible to overcome. After all, if something is approved for player use, it is also approved for Dm use.

thoughts?

hornedturtle

First Post
The caster Level check would be fine with me but you can overcome the glamer if you interact with the undead creature, such as touching it or it not acting the way it looks like it should. I was thinking of using it with a Undead servant......Shoot that's in living EN world not here.....

Last edited:

Remove ads