IG's Scales of War [OOC]

industrygothica

Adventurer
I'll separate the IC threads by adventure, the first being Rescue at Rivenroar. The OOC and RG threads should keep throughout the entire adventure path though, unless they just get too big and need purging.

In any case, here's the official OOC thread.

RG

Last edited:

industrygothica

Adventurer
Shayuri, would you mind giving a breakdown of the points you spent on your ability scores? My math shows you've shorted yourself, but then I've never been a math wizard either. I just want to make sure you're getting what you're due.

Shayuri

First Post
The 4e system of point buy is kind of weird, so yeah, lets make sure I did it right. Here's my scores:

Str: 14 [+2], Dex: 18 [+4], Wis: 14 [+2]
Con: 12 [+1], Int: 10 [10], Cha: 9 [-1]

As I understand it, that's:

Str 5 points for 14
Dex 9 pts for 16 (then boosted by racial bonus to 18)
Con 2 pts for 12
Int 0 pts for 10
Wis 5 pts for 14
Cha 1 pt for 9 (this one started at 8)

Total is...22 pts, which is the standard given in the PHB.
Oh heck, I see what I did wrong. I forgot that elves get +2 to Wisdom too. Hee hee. I may switch the 14 to Con then, and then take 12 in Wis, which will boost to 14...

industrygothica

Adventurer
The 4e system of point buy is kind of weird, so yeah, lets make sure I did it right. Here's my scores:

Str: 14 [+2], Dex: 18 [+4], Wis: 14 [+2]
Con: 12 [+1], Int: 10 [10], Cha: 9 [-1]

As I understand it, that's:

Str 5 points for 14
Dex 9 pts for 16 (then boosted by racial bonus to 18)
Con 2 pts for 12
Int 0 pts for 10
Wis 5 pts for 14
Cha 1 pt for 9 (this one started at 8)

Total is...22 pts, which is the standard given in the PHB.
Oh heck, I see what I did wrong. I forgot that elves get +2 to Wisdom too. Hee hee. I may switch the 14 to Con then, and then take 12 in Wis, which will boost to 14...

Works for me.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Can I get in on this game? I've never done one of these before and it looks fun.

We're a bit full right now, as I don't want to take anymore than five characters because that's what the adventure is designed for. If you want to stick around and follow along though, I'll be happy to consider you for an alternate when the time comes (and it almost always does, eventually).

-IG

renau1g

First Post
Can I get in on this game? I've never done one of these before and it looks fun.

agentbiege,

Your best bet is to look for threads that have recruiting in the title, those are ones that are looking for new players. OOC threads are ones for games that are either on the go, or just about to start, and for the players to have out of character discussions about the game.

Remove ads