Facilitators: reopening nominations.

covaithe

Explorer
In the pre-forum discussion thread, Graf suggested that it was too early to start assigning judges, and that we should assign facilitators in the meantime. He set up a thread containing an explanation of what facilitators do, a poll about how many facilitators there should be, and nominations for facilitators.

At the time, I argued that I didn't see a reason for facilitators; that we can all help "facilitate" getting L4W up and running, right up until we pick judges. Having created the forum and taken a closer look at the roadmap, I now think there's a good reason for having facilitators: so that it's not just me making decisions about the roadmap. Facilitators would be "judges" not of L4W itself, but of the process of getting L4W started. They would vote on things like whether setting proposals were complete enough for consideration, on whether enough time had passed to close nominations for judges and open voting, on the wording of polls and the interpretation of poll results, and so forth. The would not (in my opinion -- but the facilitators could override this) approve characters, adventures, or rules content. In purely technical terms, it would be nice if one or two of them would volunteer to help moderate this forum, so that I'm not the only one who can create stickies, delete spam, etc.

In Graf's nominations thread, I could only find three actual nominations, but the votes indicated a preference for either five or three facilitators, with five being better. So, I'd like to reopen nominations. I'll update this post with the current list of nominations.

Nominated so far:
  • covaithe (accepted)
  • graf (accepted)
  • Atanatotatos (accepted)
  • Stonegod (declined)
  • garyh (accepted)
  • The Goblin King (declined)
  • renau1g (accepted)

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
I'd like to nominate Stonegod. In addition to being an excellent PbP DM, he has been a judge in LEB from the beginning, and, if he's willing to lend us the benefit of his experiences there, I think it would really help us get this thing going.

covaithe

Explorer
One more thing: I'd like those nominated to say so if they accept the nomination and are willing to serve as a facilitator, if only to make sure they actually know that they're nominated. Not much point in voting for someone who hasn't said they're willing to do the job.

For the record, I accept the nomination.

garyh

First Post
I've gone back and forth on doing this, as I'm generally against the idea of self-nominations, but I'm going to nominate myself. ;) I figure some of the folks in this conversation weren't around then, but I was part of the founding of the original LEW, and helped get that started (note the sun god Hyrag in LEW), as well as being an early booster of PbP on EN World (I wrote the PbP FAQ stickied in Talking the Talk).

I had been away from EN World before 4th edition came out, so I missed a lot of the early L4E talk. Due to that, I had at first mostly lurked in the L4E talk, but I think I'm up to speed on what's going on now, and would like to help if needed.

Also, I was at that same time many moons ago, a moderater in the PbP forums. I'd be happy to help you moderate the L4E forum if needed, covaithe.

garyh

First Post
Welcome on board, garyh!

Thanks, Atanatotatos!

Part of why I volunteered was that I thought my experience might help, but another - possibly larger - part is that I want to start playing in L4E myself! :) Best way to do that is to pitch in and help keep the project moving.

covaithe

Explorer
Thanks for stepping forward, garyh. Even had I known of your experience, I'd have been reluctant to presume to ask you to do a bunch of work without really knowing your level of interest, so it's really helpful to step forward and declare a willingness to pitch in.

Erekose13

Explorer
Sounds like you've got the basis of a good group there (and hopefully Graf will accept the nomination). I'll be around to throw out ideas and comment on things.

garyh

First Post
Thanks for stepping forward, garyh. Even had I known of your experience, I'd have been reluctant to presume to ask you to do a bunch of work without really knowing your level of interest, so it's really helpful to step forward and declare a willingness to pitch in.

Thanks, covaithe! Im just happy to do what I can to help. Life got in the way and I didn't get to really get into LEW as much as I would have liked once we finally got it going, so I'm looking forward to getting in on the start of the next big thing. :)

Remove ads