Mysteriously Nameless Tavern

+ Log in or register to post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Ignore covaithe

Mysteriously Nameless Tavern

It seems like this torrential rain has been going for days. Visibility is no more than a few feet, beyond which buildings and people are no more than vague outlines. It is as if the world is unformed and the boundaries of reality extend no farther than the your lantern's feeble circle of light.

Suddenly you see a light other than your own. Squishing tiredly towards it, you are heartened to see the light resolve into several thick glass windows and a storm lantern on a hook lighting the doorway just enough that you can see to operate the latch, but completely failing to illuminate the swinging sign over the door. Through the bubbly glass, you can see the familiar tavern setup of a bar supporting several tapped kegs, behind which are shelves with a variety of bottles. A faint peal of laughter echoes from inside. The glass is warm to the touch.

Inside, the laughter is louder, and a blast of warmth immediately begins to dry your sodden clothing. The bartender, a nondescript middle-aged human man, gives you a friendly wave and begins pouring something steaming into a small glass. He puts it on a tray, and a stout halfling woman carries it to you, weaving expertly through the plain wooden tables and benches.

"Hot mulled cider, compliments of the house. There's one condition though: you have to introduce yourself. Don't matter none if you don't give your true name, just let us know what to call you." the halfling says with a smile. She waits expectantly.

OOC: This is an in-character roleplaying thread for us to have some fun in while we try to make this living world ready for play. Feel free to bring in a character, even if you're not ready or have no intention to submit it when we open character submissions.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Blog Entries

Ignore Atanatotatos
    The tall, bald man with brown-ish skin sits down, heavily falling onto the chair, and gladly takes the glass from the woman. He's clearly worn out and discomforted, but manages to give a smile and says: My name's Belleros, kind lady. And my journey has been a long one
    Current PBP
    DM in:
    Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

Playing:
    Koryo of the Tiger's Rest in Voda Vosa's "Path of Enlightment"
    Belleros Arkeion in Sparky's "Thorantar"
    Thormir Brassbeard in EvolutionKB's "Lost-Eberron-4eStyle"
    Anostor Duran in covaithe's "Death's Reach"

In L4W:
    Alexander Duran, Proud member of the MMC
    in:
    Phoenix8008's "The Captain's Caper"
    "Redblade's Riches"
    Hadarai Polemarkos
    in:
    KenHood's "TURTLEDOME!:Battle Bone"

In LEB:
    Thusk Tharashk Duran

Come join us in the Shifting Seas and Transitive Isles of Living 4th Edition, amazing adventures and great fun guaranteed!
    Then to play community 4e in Eberron join us in LEB too! Give life to your characters and contribute to the living settings!

Please excuse my poor English. It is not my first language.

A Dwarf takes the cider. Drinking it down, "Thank ye kindly. Names Huvgar Stonewater. I'll be needing somthin' a wee bit stronger, lass." he says with a rumbling voice. Huvgar's hair is grey and balding. His beard is kept in two long braids with metal clasps at the ends. Around his neck he wears a holy symbol.
    "Its a secret message from my teeth!" - The Tick

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Blog Entries

Ignore Atanatotatos
    Good day sir. I see you are a warrior of faith. What is the ideal you fight for? asks Belleros to Huvgar, eager to speak to someone for the first time in more than a month.

ooc
    Belleros is supposed to be an earth genasi... obviously i don't know if thiss will be allowed, but since this is only to kill time till we start seriously...
    Current PBP
    DM in:
    Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

Playing:

In L4W:
    in:
    "Redblade's Riches"
    Hadarai Polemarkos
    in:

In LEB:
    Thusk Tharashk Duran

Come join us in the Shifting Seas and Transitive Isles of Living 4th Edition, amazing adventures and great fun guaranteed!
    Then to play community 4e in Eberron join us in LEB too! Give life to your characters and contribute to the living settings!

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    A tall, young human with dark skin and a shaved head sits down at the same table as the other two patrons already in the tavern. As he sits, he props a staff against the table, and, beneath his damp cloak, leather armor can be seen protecting his slender frame.

"Greetings, travelers," says the soggy traveler. "My name is Harren Akaros. It's been a long journey reaching this place, but the cider goes a long way to making the trip worthwhile all on it's own."

"Many thanks, good lady,"
    he adds, as he takes the complementary beverage.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

"I'm a priest of the forge god. After the mine went dry I decided to seek my fortune out here." He nods to Harren, "Pleased ta meetcha."
    "Its a secret message from my teeth!" - The Tick

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Blog Entries

Ignore Atanatotatos
    Greetings sir Akaros. What brings you here? asks Belleros amicably, measuring his two most recent acquaintances with the eyes of an adventurer...
    Current PBP
    DM in:
    Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

Playing:

In L4W:
    in:
    "Redblade's Riches"
    Hadarai Polemarkos
    in:

In LEB:
    Thusk Tharashk Duran

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    "It was time for me to get out of the library and see the world," Harren replies. "So far, I've discovered that the library is much drier."

With that, the young man sneezes. "Excuse me."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Blog Entries

Ignore Erekose13
    A human wearing dark blue travelling robes enters the inn. His robes are thouroughly soaked from the extremely wet weather outside. He removes the odd shaped hat from his head and shakes it before setting it atop his staff and leaning in by the entrance to dry. Placing his overcoat next to his staff and hat the man steps beyond the foyer into the inn proper. He is a tall man with greying hair and a short, well-trimmed beard."Well met fellow travellers, I am Callen Stewart, purveyor of magical trinkets. He joins the others at the bar and orders a glass of wine.
    Erekose13
    Art by Uneide!
    PbP

[Living 4th Edition]
    Callen Stewart Human Wizard 8
    Beyrk Verkunder Hobgoblin Bard 3

[Living Eberron]
    Gogmorthak d'Tharashk Orc Barbarian 6

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Ignore garyh
    "A pleasure to meet you, Callen!" Harren says. "I think you and I could have a lot to talk about." As Harren adds the last, he nods to his quarterstaff propped against the table.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast