Mysteriously Nameless Tavern

covaithe

Explorer
It seems like this torrential rain has been going for days. Visibility is no more than a few feet, beyond which buildings and people are no more than vague outlines. It is as if the world is unformed and the boundaries of reality extend no farther than the your lantern's feeble circle of light.

Suddenly you see a light other than your own. Squishing tiredly towards it, you are heartened to see the light resolve into several thick glass windows and a storm lantern on a hook lighting the doorway just enough that you can see to operate the latch, but completely failing to illuminate the swinging sign over the door. Through the bubbly glass, you can see the familiar tavern setup of a bar supporting several tapped kegs, behind which are shelves with a variety of bottles. A faint peal of laughter echoes from inside. The glass is warm to the touch.

Inside, the laughter is louder, and a blast of warmth immediately begins to dry your sodden clothing. The bartender, a nondescript middle-aged human man, gives you a friendly wave and begins pouring something steaming into a small glass. He puts it on a tray, and a stout halfling woman carries it to you, weaving expertly through the plain wooden tables and benches.

"Hot mulled cider, compliments of the house. There's one condition though: you have to introduce yourself. Don't matter none if you don't give your true name, just let us know what to call you." the halfling says with a smile. She waits expectantly.

OOC: This is an in-character roleplaying thread for us to have some fun in while we try to make this living world ready for play. Feel free to bring in a character, even if you're not ready or have no intention to submit it when we open character submissions.

Atanatotatos

First Post
The tall, bald man with brown-ish skin sits down, heavily falling onto the chair, and gladly takes the glass from the woman. He's clearly worn out and discomforted, but manages to give a smile and says: My name's Belleros, kind lady. And my journey has been a long one

The Goblin King

First Post
A Dwarf takes the cider. Drinking it down, "Thank ye kindly. Names Huvgar Stonewater. I'll be needing somthin' a wee bit stronger, lass." he says with a rumbling voice. Huvgar's hair is grey and balding. His beard is kept in two long braids with metal clasps at the ends. Around his neck he wears a holy symbol.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Good day sir. I see you are a warrior of faith. What is the ideal you fight for? asks Belleros to Huvgar, eager to speak to someone for the first time in more than a month.

[sblock=ooc] Belleros is supposed to be an earth genasi... obviously i don't know if thiss will be allowed, but since this is only to kill time till we start seriously... [/sblock]

garyh

First Post
A tall, young human with dark skin and a shaved head sits down at the same table as the other two patrons already in the tavern. As he sits, he props a staff against the table, and, beneath his damp cloak, leather armor can be seen protecting his slender frame.

"Greetings, travelers," says the soggy traveler. "My name is Harren Akaros. It's been a long journey reaching this place, but the cider goes a long way to making the trip worthwhile all on it's own."

"Many thanks, good lady,"
he adds, as he takes the complementary beverage.

Atanatotatos

First Post
Greetings sir Akaros. What brings you here? asks Belleros amicably, measuring his two most recent acquaintances with the eyes of an adventurer...

garyh

First Post
"It was time for me to get out of the library and see the world," Harren replies. "So far, I've discovered that the library is much drier."

With that, the young man sneezes. "Excuse me."

Erekose13

Explorer
A human wearing dark blue travelling robes enters the inn. His robes are thouroughly soaked from the extremely wet weather outside. He removes the odd shaped hat from his head and shakes it before setting it atop his staff and leaning in by the entrance to dry. Placing his overcoat next to his staff and hat the man steps beyond the foyer into the inn proper. He is a tall man with greying hair and a short, well-trimmed beard."Well met fellow travellers, I am Callen Stewart, purveyor of magical trinkets. He joins the others at the bar and orders a glass of wine.

garyh

First Post
"A pleasure to meet you, Callen!" Harren says. "I think you and I could have a lot to talk about." As Harren adds the last, he nods to his quarterstaff propped against the table.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases