[ot] Kobold Tactics from Hell

Jasperak

Adventurer
Hello everyone, I need help. I am looking for a thread from last July. It was called Kobold Tactics from Hell. I printed it out but half was destroyed and I need to replace. Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

Neowolf

First Post
Sorry, but you may be out of luck. There have been several board purgings as well as a total transfer of bulletin board software since then, so unless some kind soul can provide you with a back-up they kept, it's probably gone. :(

Afraid I can't help you with the thread. But if you don't need it for a few months (yeah, I know, but it's possible), I've got a second module coming out from Monkey God Enterprises that's chock full of kobold nastiness.

How nasty? Well, the primary villains are kobolds, but it's an adventure for 6th or 7th level characters... :D

Jasperak

Adventurer
Thanks everyone for your replies, Ever since that original thread, I have a new found respect for what low-level baddies can do and kobolds are my fav. Who would have ever thought what the Kobolds could do.

Since the past thread is appears to be lost (for the most part, I still have the first two pages of the orginal thread) are there any other threads that discuss low-level creatures and tactics for higher level parties?

mouseferatu: I will be looking forward to it. I would be interested in any low-level creatures/tactics that can stick it to a higher level party.

Squire James

First Post
There's nothing a kobold can do that an orc can't do better. Okay, let me rephrase that... there's nothing a kobold can do that an orc with a reduce potion can't do better! :D

shadoe

First Post
If you have access to the Dragon Magazine archive, somewhere in there is an article called Tucker's Kobolds that could give some ideas.

Alaric_Prympax

First Post
Tucker's Kobolds

Ah, Tucker's Kokolds, yes, I remember that article. It talks about how a high level party rushed through the upper entrance of a dungeon complex to get to the lower levels so they could fight easier things like demons and devils then the Kobolds that lived near the entrance. Yes, that article changed how I DM low level monsters. Those Kobolds taught me the value of fire and oil and the many uses that one can put them to. I have one friend that chringes everytime I give the yipping call of the Kobolds because he knows its going to get hot. Hehe

My Kobolds also have graduated from SICV- "The Sauron Institute for the Criminally Vicious". :) Tucker's Kobolds is one of the best editorials of Dragon Magazine that I ever read.

G.A. Donis

First Post
I play in a campaign where the DM sent kobold suicide bombers after us. They had alchemist fire flasks on sticks. Some would throw alchemist fire at you, but others would just run into you and BOOM! My character now fears kobolds. I don't know how many times he was set ablaze and he's a fire genasi!

Remove ads