PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Dair and Periwinkle find nothing else of interest in the basement. Xir leads the group up out of the cellar and into the house proper. Reaching the den, the group sees a comfortable room with a large couch facing a fireplace with a coffee table between them. Two chairs from the kitchen table are set out near the couch and table as well. Verminar comes flying down over the stairs to the second floor and perches comfortably upon the small table. A moment later, a young serving girl appears with a tray of drinks. Each party member finds that the cup placed before them contains exactly the beverage they would have chosen if asked. Once everyone is settled, Verminar begins. "So, what is it you have found which has something to do with my Master?"

Halford

First Post
Dair sniff his beverage suspicously, and then discovering it to his liking downs it letting out a satisfied belch.

"Scroll, Xirr's got it." He replies to the pseudo dragon's question, as he examines the cup's potential resale value.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"Galatea's golden curlers! It's double chocolate mint marshmallow tea with sparkly sugar sprinkles! Do you drink this too? I thought I had made it up!" Periwinkle exclaims to the serving girl.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir looks at the drink and raises an eyebrow. Xeph chai was not normally found in this lands. Refreshing himself, he pulls forth the scroll. Your Master appears trapped and requires assistance, if this document is to be believed.

covaithe

Explorer
"We found it attached to a bone on that skeleton that Dair smashed. Was it the shin bone or the thigh bone? Or maybe it was the upper arm... Anyway, so, like, maybe your master is the one sending all these undead through your portal and stuff? 'Cause he doesn't have any other way to get a message through? That would be really clever! I hope if I'm ever trapped and desperate in some other dimension, I'm clever enough to get a message out like that." Periwinkle beams in admiration. Pink and blue sugar crystals reflect sparkles of light from her upper lip.

Halford

First Post
"Bottle?" Dair asks nodding to his cup, in the rather obvious hope Verminaar will provide him with a bottle of the extremely expensive fortfied wine he has just downed.

He glances at Sister perwinkle's drink and shakes his head slowly.

Phoenix8008

First Post
ooc: Each PC gets 33 XP for defeating the skeleton.

"I am quite sure that you did indeed invent the drink, miss Periwinkle. I just plucked the thought of it from your mind when you first arrived so that there was time to prepare it while you were engaged downstairs as with the drinks of the others." Verminar answers while accepting the scroll from Xir so that he may read it for himself.

After finishing, he looks startled. "Oh my goodness, he's alive. After he dissapeared for over three months I had given up hope and his will came into force when he was declared dead. Now to find that he is alive, and on the other side of the portal! This is not good. That portal was warded for good reason, you see. Once, far back in the history of Orrussus, this gate was the source of an invasion of undead which ruined the town and was nearly not turned back. No one knows exactly what is on the other side, but sometime after several heroes vollunteered to go through the gate it's flow of undead stopped for long enough that the arcane masters of the time could seal and ward it. If such a flood begins again, the city's defenses would be bypassed as the attack pours forth from within."

Taking a deep breath and pausing for a moment, Verminar continues. "I know exactly which staff he means. He suspected that it was related to the portal somehow, so he kept it at teh top of the tower in order to have as much distance as possible between the two objects. Well, it seems that I must ask if you are willing to undertake this new assignment for me and my master. You mentioned 'hazard pay', I believe Mr. Shadowcatch. Let me see what I have handy while you three discuss the matters at hand for a few minutes."

With that, Verminar leaps into the air and flies upstairs seeking possible payments for the group. The silence is thick as you look at one another and around the room...

Halford

First Post
"Undead, great." Says Dair irritably.

He points to Periwinkle as he jerks a finger in his ear and wipes it off on the chair, "Undead facts, go."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir taps his fingers together. Disturbing. We are ill prepared for such a battle. 'The herder does not face the dust storm and expect life on the other side.' Better preparation is needed. Perhaps more hands to help? His brown face darkens. It is odd the dwarf has not joined us yet.

Halford

First Post
Dair shrugs,

"Too hard, run away."

His eyes are moving fertively around the room looking for valuables.

"Hit them, pull out, hope they don't follow."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases