PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
Everyone finishes their morning preparations and breakfast is given to them by one of the several guards. A little bit later, the Captain arrives to speak with the group. He sits at a table and pours himself some water which he drinks before speaking. "Well, our pursuit team hasn't shown back up yet. They should've been back by now. One way or another. I thought for sure that someone would have been able to get away if the worst befell them and report back." He takes another drink. "Looks like I'm gonna have to make a deal with you all. If you are interested in having this place as a safe haven in case you can't make the old man's crazy plan work. We need that crown back. If your team will go try and recover it, I'll free Darque and let you all try your plan. Otherwise, he stays right where he is and you all are free to stay here as long as you cause no trouble. What'dya say?" the Captain asks.

Boddynock

First Post
"My guess would be that the good Captain here wants to keep Master Darque on hand, to ensure our cooperation. And I'm pretty sure I'd do the same thing in his place. Still, you're asking us to put our lives on the line for your community, which is not the job we signed on for."

"So, what resources can you give us to help us recover the crown? Perhaps a healing potion or two? Or else, something effective against the undead which your enemies will undoubtedly be producing at this very moment? I presume you've already stockpiled some holy water, say, for such a contingency?"

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, I don't think you're in any position to be asking promises of us. We're going to try to help you 'cause it's the right thing to do. You don't really have any choice but to let us, and give us whatever help you can. Otherwise you're just going to die for nothing. Come on, just let us go. We're trying to help you out, here," Periwinkle says crossly.

[sblock=ooc]Slightly meta.... Periwinkle probably won't want to give the undead crown back, assuming we get it intact. She'll probably want to destroy it. I'd hate to have this cause strife with the more lawful members of the party, if we've promised to fetch it back, so she's trying to avoid promising that. Dunno if it will work. [/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"You misunderstand. The crown does not create undead. The gem embedded in the ground here in Haven creates them. The crown just allows the creator to control the undead which they create instead of them attacking whatever is nearest after they are created." the Captain says.

"As for Darque. He stays here until you return." he says flatly.

"As for providing help to you..." he sighs. "Well, I was gonna save this for when you all returned. But I suppose it may be beneficial to help you complete the task at hand. Guard, bring me The Chest." he says to one of the outside guards. "As I told you before, this town was founded by the survivors of adventurers who had come through the portal. As adventurers sometimes do, some of them had magical items which they owned. Some are owned by descendants around the town, but some owners of items passed away without any kin to leave their treasure to. These have been collected in The Chest. I will give one of these items to each of you to aid you in aiding us."

Just then, two guards return lugging a large chest between them. They set it down in front of the Captain, and he pulls out a key on a chain around his neck to unlock it. The lid opens with a creak, and the Captain reaches inside. "I think you will find these useful. For Xir..." he hands the Xeph a Heavy Shield with gold markings displaying a diving hawk with talons extended. "Periwinkle..." he gives the woman a finely made Chain Shirt. It gleams and reflects the light all around her. "Dair..." he hands over a bundle of fine black leather armor that adjusts to the halflings size when puts it on. "For Kona'i..." the Captain gives the monk a pair of embossed metal bracers with a dragon emblem on them. "And finally for Peladus..." He unfolds a beautiful royal blue cloak stitched with silver thread and embroidered with arcane designs around the edges. "Is that sufficient?"
[sblock=details]Xir- Heavy Shield +1
Periwinkle- Chain Shirt +1
Dair- Leather Armor +1
Kona'i- Bracers of Armor +1
Peladus- Cloak of Resistance +1[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
"Is that sufficient?"
OOC: Assuming the captain explains what the items are.

IC: For a moment the young mage is lost for words. Then he removes his own cloak and drapes it across a chair before donning the magical one with a flaring swirl of blue and silver. He takes a moment to admire the look of it before he glances at the Captain, smiles and says, "That is ... more generous than I could have expected. Thank you. We will put these to good use."

Halford

First Post
Dair takes the armor suspiciously, but nods with gratitude. He carefully examines the armor, and then changes into it and passing the Captain back his old armor.

"Take care of that for me. I'll be wanting it back."

The Halfling repositions a small array of weaponry for comfort and pointedly leers at Periwinkle looking from her to the chainshirt and back.

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i accepts the gift in good faith and easily dons the bracers; they appear to mold themselves to almost become part of his arm once the clasp is set and he feels the protective power shimmer into place around his skin. He nods to the Captain. "Thank you very much. I give you my word that I will retrieve and return the Crown if it is in my power."

[sblock=ooc]Hah! Take that Periwinkle. Not only is it what the Captain asked, but now I've given my word... ;)[/sblock]

Remove ads