PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus rubs his chin reflectively, and frowns, seemingly surprised to find stubble on it already. Then he says, "I tend to agree with Xir. I would be surprised if we cannot persuade the captain to allow us to make the attempt. It will take some work, of course but it should be possible - and a better option than making an assault on the soldiers here, to get the gem."

"However, it would demonstrate our power if we negotiated face to face, not from behind bars. If Dair can get us out of here, I would suggest that we all wait outside the cell for the captain to return. It then becomes clear to him that we want to help - and that we are not helpless."

He turns to Darque.

"Master Darque, do you have any spells still memorised? It might make more sense for you to use my spell component pouch, if you do. At least until we can negotiate the return of your belongings. I have a couple of scrolls which might be useful in the circumstances."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Darque answers, "Unfortunately, all of my useful spells have been used, and they confiscated my spellbook of course. I'm sorry I could not be of more help. I would advise though trying not to make an enemy of these people. I pushed things as far as possible with my actions, and I think if I were not an old man they may have thrown me out the gates and locked them behind me."

Dair finishes picking the lock just before the Captain appears around a corner coming this way. He waits until the mans' determined strides carry him within moments of the cell before swinging the cell door wide and saying with obvious pleasure, "Welcome back Cap'n, come on in and have a seat since you look like your wanting to talk with us." Looking slightly startled, the Captain nonetheless walks into the cell before turning a glare upon the guard outside and motioning for him to lock the door. Turning back to the group, he says with a sigh, "So I don't suppose you'd like to make something about this day easy by admitting that you were in league with who or whatever that was that possibly just doomed this town?"

Halford

First Post
OOC: Ummm? Dair said that or Darque did? The color is confusing me...

Dair finishes picking the lock just before the Captain appears around a corner coming this way. He waits until the mans' determined strides carry him within moments of the cell before swinging the cell door wide and saying with obvious pleasure, "Welcome back Cap'n, come on in and have a seat since you look like your wanting to talk with us."

Halford

First Post
Dair conceals his thieves tools as the Captain approaches and after speaking ducks behind Periwinkle with his customary leer.

[sblock=OOC] Well hes a sneak thief with emphasis on the sneak so he's not really into advertising that he opened the door that kind of defeating the point. He would be more likley to fade into the background and let someone else - who does not look as rogueish as Dair open it. That way the Captain just might think Darque's magic opened it, or that they forgot to lock it... Not a big deal though.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
"So I don't suppose you'd like to make something about this day easy by admitting that you were in league with who or whatever that was that possibly just doomed this town?"
'The climb is only as hard as the climber wishes it to be.' The animal followed us; we had no knowledge of its true form or intent. But, I believe you are missing the larger issue—the portal now seems your only viable option now.

OCC: Don't ask Xir for diplomacy. He tells it as he sees it.

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle goes on the offensive. "Just what do you think you were trying to do to that poor dog, mister? Chasing him and throwing spears at him and all, it's no wonder that he ran away. I would run away too if you were throwing spears at me, and I don't run very fast so you'd probably have killed me and then you'd be sad and you'd be stuck here in this miserable dark place with only skeletons to keep you company. Now say you're sorry, and stop this nonsense about not letting us go open the portals, you silly man. If you don't, I'll... I'll turn you over my knee and spank you!"

Her words may not make a great deal of sense, but she says them with a great deal of passion, and her flashing eyes and heaving chest have a persuasive power all of their own.

ooc: diplomacy 18

Halford

First Post
"Two possibilities. He's with the monster, or he ain't. Either way your best bets to let us save your bacon - for a fee. We go, we open the portal. Worse case you get rid of Darque, best case you are saved - right?"

Dair looks extremely irked at having to make such a long speech, without insults. And quickly resumes his nastiest scowl, ducking back behind Periwinkle.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well, fine. So you had no idea about the 'dog'. I could believe that. But I've not given up yet. Your crazy scheme isn't our last hope quite yet, old man. I've sent a large team down the tunnels after that dog-man. With a little luck, they can catch him and get the crown back. So quit trying to barter for stuff right now. You aren't exactly under arrest, but I do plan on keeping you here under guard for the night at least. We will give the retrieval party a chance to do its job and get back here and then see what the new day brings. So rest and relax while you can, because if they don't get that crown back we can expect to be attacked in force pretty soon." The Captain says to the group.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases