PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i tries to listen and maintain a judge of the direction of the sound, moving partly towards and partly to the right of that direction, effectively closing with the conflict while spiralling around to the right side (or trying to) for a possible flank.

[sblock=OOC]60' of movement this round in an closing spiral around the conflict. You can roll a listen check for me if you judge that's necessary to "plot" a proper course in the darkness.

Of course, I may amend this action if Dair successfully illuminates the combat before my turn...[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Dair moves 40' forward and reaches the place where the 10' wide passage opens up into a roughly 30' x 30' room. Standing in the middle of that chamber are two figures just at the edge of his ring's bright light, 20' away still. One is an orc like the others that were killed, and one is a gray skinned humanoid with black hair and large ears. As this creature turns toward the halfling, Dair can see that it is apparently blind if it's large glazed white eyes are anything to go by. Considering that his ring is glowing brightly in the darkness surrounding the group, hiding seems out of the question unless he removes the ring and gets it away from him somehow.

The gray skinned creature moves forward towards Dair, stopping just at the edge of the room while Dair is still in the 10' passage. The monster swings its big battleaxe right over Dair's head, not seeming to realize that he was so short. Its head tilts downward now, seeming to realize why it missed this time...

OOC: lukfugl
Kona'i can't get around the critter to flank it without risking an AoO. You want to do that? Or you can move the 40' to be as near as possible without provoking, then use tumble to try and get the last 10' till you are around behind it. You would need a 15 on the tumble check for that, so you'd need to roll a 12 or better. Your call. Also, the orc would still be behind Kona'i in the middle of the room if he was flanking the grimlock near the entrance.

lukfugl

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Kona'i can't get around the critter to flank it without risking an AoO. You want to do that? Or you can move the 40' to be as near as possible without provoking, then use tumble to try and get the last 10' till you are around behind it. You would need a 15 on the tumble check for that, so you'd need to roll a 12 or better. Your call. Also, the orc would still be behind Kona'i in the middle of the room if he was flanking the grimlock near the entrance.

Oops, didn't realize we were still in the tunnel. Amended action below...[/sblock]

Kona'i moves along the tunnel behind Dair. Seeing the critter close with Dair at the mouth of the tunnel and wanting to leave room for Xir behind him, he tries to tumble past the critter, but fails to avoid a passing attack.

Rather than stopping once past the beast, Kona'i continues on to engage the orc while it is still separated from it's companion...

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kona'i tries to tumble past the blind creature, but he shoulder rolls over a rock causing him some pain and slowing him down. Which turns out to be helpful because the battleaxe of the monster slams down into the stone floor inches in front of the monk, right where he would have been. Kona'i hops over the imbedded axe and moves past the blid creature to threaten the orc in the middle of the room. He has about a 5' space on either side of him clear and then a creature in the next 5' in front and behind him.

Periwinkle follows behind Dair and steps up behind him in case he gets injured by the nasty, yucky, blind creature. "Oh my goodness, he's blind! Poor thing. I wish we could help him somehow. Except that he is trying to kill us it seems. Oh dear..."

[sblock=OOC]Grimlock AoO at Kona'i (1d20 4=11, 1d8 3=6)
Xir can go now, then I'll do the orc.[/sblock]

lukfugl

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Ah, I thought there was more space between the orc and the grimlock, such that I'd not be flanked by the two. Oh well, this way I'm still providing flanking for Dair's sneak attack. Go Dair Go![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Ok, there's some confusion about who is where. Sorry I haven't made a map yet. Xir is furthest back since he didn't move before or after throwing his mind blade. 35' in front of Xir is Periwinkle. Right in front of Periwinkle is Dair. Right in front of Dair is the grimlock, not the orc, so that would be who he tries and fails to stab. But that won't be till next round after the orc goes. Anyway, after the grimlock, there is a 5' empty space, then Kona'i, then another 5' empty space, and then the orc. At least until the orc moves to attack. So Kona'i isn't being flanked because he's not beside the grimlock. On the other hand, he's also not flanking the grimlock with Dair, so it all works out. There is also an injured dog whining against the side wall of the chamber, but it's staying out of the fighting. Doesn't look like it would be a threat to anybody anyway.

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Xir's green blade sails through the air, just past Periwinkle, over Dair, and into the grimlock's chest right after it pulled it's axe out of the ground. It flinches in pain, but doesn't drop. It raises it's axe high in the air...
OOC: managed to hit him even with the -4 for firing into melee... impressive.

-The orc steps forward and swings its falchion hard at Kona'i, but the monk dodges the blow without too much trouble.
PH2:E3:R1: Orc attacking Kona'i (1d20+4=10, 2d4+4=10)

Round 2 - Order of battle
-Dair (AC: 18, HP: 8/8, 2 potions CLW)
-Grimlock (7 damage)
-Kona’i (AC: 13, HP: 10/10, 4 potions CLW)
-Periwinkle (AC: 17, HP: 7/7, Wand of CLW: 17 charges, 2 potions CLW)
-Xir (AC: 19, HP: 21/21, 3 potions CLW)
-Orc (no damage)

-Dair pulls his dagger and stabs at the blind creature in front of him, but misses his mark.

-The gray skinned creature slashes its axe downward at Dair like it is trying to split a piece of wood. The small rogue BARELY manages to dodge the blow this time. In fact, he thinks he sees a few severed hairs floating down towards the floor. That one couldn't have been ANY closer and still missed...
PH2:E3:R2: Grimlock attacking Dair (1d20+4=17, 1d8+3=6)

-Kona'i and Xir can go, then I'll figure out what Periwinkle's doing...

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases