PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

covaithe

Explorer
"Ooooh, shiny!" breathes Periwinkle excitedly. She drapes the chain shirt across her torso, then twirls around. "Help me out of this rusty old thing," she commands the captain. With some assistance, and showing more than a little leg in the process as her robe rides up, Periwinkle replaces her old rusty chain shirt with the shining magical one. The old armor is dumped unceremoniously on the floor and immediately forgotten.

Halford

First Post
Dair moves over and picks up Periwinkles old armor folding it neatly and handing it to the Captain.

"I'll be wanting that back to."

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The shield is strong, though not as supple as his other. But he inclines his head in thanks. Let us go then. One thing at a time.

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus speaks while folding his old cloak and putting it in his backpack.

"Now, where's this enemy city, and how do we get there?"

Glancing at Darque he adds, "While we're recovering the crown, we'll scout out the portal as well."

Phoenix8008

First Post
The Captain pulls out a scroll and lays it atop the table. Unrolling it, you see that it is a fairly crude map of several tunnel systems. You see Haven on the map as well as the Portal you came through. Other tunnels lead to a fuzzier area of the map where "Monsters" is scrawled. "There you can see that there is a main passage which stretches between us and their cluster. You need to avoid this passage. While it is the most direct route, it is also heavily guarded. The passage over here though..." he points at an area to the right of the main passge "should suit your needs perfectly."

The Captain continues, "That is 'The Hunter's Path'. The monsters don't use it and neither do we. Used to be a man that lived in there who kept all others out. He came through the portal many decades ago, but didn't fit in here in town my father told me once. So he left. Claimed that area and killed enough monsters so that they stopped trying to use that path. Killed a few of ours as well. He didn't want anybody near him. He's probably dead by now though, and if not, then he's so old that he couldn't be a threat to you folks. Get through there and you'll find the back door of the monster village if the stories are right. Then find a way to get the crown and get back here with it and we'll be in much better shape. And if you can find any sign of our missing people we'd all be appreciative if any of them are alive still to save. Oh yeah, the trip itself should be about a 5 hour walk. That's about all the help I can give you, unless you can think of any questions you've got."

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i mulls over the map while the captain is speaking. Once the man finishes, he straightens and looks at his companions, then nods. "I'm ready."

Halford

First Post
Dair nods, whilst assessing the defenses, he is weighing the possibility of coming back and freeing Darque and looking for any relevant information. Aware of the fact that the Wizard's Spellbook has been returned the halfling sets off and walks until the group is out of sight and hearing range.

"Peladus how long for Darque to get his magic back? Bust him out. Fix portal, charge these idiots to come through."

[sblock=OOC] The opinions of Dair Shadowcath doe not represent those of the personage known as Halford, who considers himself to be a nice person and not an ungreatful little scumbag who would sell his own grandmother - he tried there just wasn't a market - for a copper piece. :angel::D[/sblock]

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: That's strange - I posted a reply hours ago, which seems to have disappeared into the ether (net).

IC: Peladus studies the map intently, attempting to commit as much of it as possible to memory. He frowns when the Captain mentions the Hunter, and asks, "So, what path did this Hunter follow? Was he a weapons master or a spell caster?"

Following that train of thought he muses, "If he was a hunter, he might be good at setting snares."

He turns to Dair and says, "That might mean more work for you, my friend."

Later, when Dair asks about Darque's spells, he says, "If it were me, I'd want my spells back as soon as possible. That being the case, I'd expect him to sit down straight away and study his spellbook. It'll only take him an hour, at most."

As for Dair's underhand suggestion, he shakes his head and says, "I've given my word, and I won't go back on that. I think you'll find that a number of us feel the same."

He doesn't appear to judge Dair unfavourably for making the suggestion - just makes it clear that he won't go along with it.

Halford

First Post
Dair sighs heavily, and nods, doomed to travel with good goodies and the impractical - still when in Medibaria. Whatever happened to good honest money grubbing backstabbing self interest?

Despite his reservations the halfling sets to searching the corridor as he travels.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"What path the Hunter followed I couldn't say for sure except to make the same guesses as you based on the name he was known by." The Captain answers before the group sets off into the darkness once more.

You follow the map and find the entrance to the proper tunnel. Dair keeps his eyes open for anything unusual while the group travels.

OOC: Sorry its been a bit. Busy weekend. Can I get a marching order that you want to be in? The tunnel is 10' wide so two can go side by side if needed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases