PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

lukfugl

First Post
OOC: I believe Xir and Periwinkle were nominated for the honor. I'll join them, but let Xir (and probably Periwinkle ;) do the talking. Dair and Peladus are in reserve. Sound good to everyone?

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]There isn't really a corner as such, just an area of the passage starting 60' away from the wall which is lit by torches. Dair and Peladus are back far enough to be unseen in the darkness when the others walk forward into the light. Those that went forward are asked to halt when they are about 30' from the wall. To remain hidden by the darkness, Dair would have to be at least 70 feet away from the wall.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Dair moves along behind the group seeing there is nowhere to hide and still remain in striking distance.

OOC: How widely spaced are these torches, is there any shadowy illumination between them. Dair might try and remove one to provide shadowy illumination. If they are more than 20ft. apart there should already be spaces of shadowy illumination sufficient for him to make a hide check in.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Hmm, a whole lot happened all at once. I was going to have Peladus cast Detect Magic and examine the staff, once he'd eyeballed it. Can we assume that he did so? (I picked up the reference to the shape of the crystal but he'd want to check, anyway.)

IC: Peladus assesses the distance between him and the guards, and frowns.

"No spells, then," he mutters to himself.

He then loads his crossbow and stands ready to shoot, should the guards attack his comrades.

Last edited:

covaithe

Explorer
"Hello, Mister Guard, sir! I'm Sister Periwinkle Bluebelle, and these are... um, this is my friend Xir, and we're looking for a horde of undead monsters 'cause our other friend is trapped by them and can't come home, only we haven't found any undead yet, just a bunch of orcs and a gray blind thing, and could you please tell us where you got the bones for your wall, sir? Pretty please with chocolate sprinkles? Oh, and we found a dog, who's really cute and friendly and we wondered if maybe this was his home 'cause we haven't seen anywhere else down here that might be, but we haven't looked everywhere yet either, so do you know if anyone there has lost a dog, sir?" Periwinkle rambles happily, confident that once she's explained the situation, everyone will be friends.

ooc: diplomacy +6 if it's relevant. And no, I'm afraid Periwinkle won't be taking up the LE spot any time soon. :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Greetings. If you are looking for undead, you've come to the right place. Did you come through the portal to this gods forsaken place? You can come through the gate here and have a seat. The Captain of the Watch will wanna talk with you, so save your story. That way you don't have to tell it twice. Answer this though, who's this friend you speak of?", the man finishes as he signals someone out of your sight behind the wall. A moment later, the door in the wall cracks open and a guard there waves at you to enter.

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle smiles in delight to Xir. "See? They want to help."

She walks forward to enter the fort, talking to the watchman. "Thank you, kind sir. It will be just peachy to get off of my feat and have a nice cup of tea. Our friend that we're looking for is named Alahastor Darque. He's a wizard who got stuck here a while ago, and we thought he was dead, until he managed to get a message to us outside of the portal. Well, to another friend of ours, a cute little pseudodragon who we were helping with a little housecleaning, and of course we came through the portal right away to help find him and help him come back."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Heh, 'to help him come back'. That's a good one. Here ya go, have a seat at this table here. I gotta get back up on the wall. The Captain will be along in a moment." the guard says as he leaves you in a section of the tunnel between two walls. There is a table there with benches enough for all. A moment after you sit down, another guard comes out of the wall section further down the tunnel carrying a tray. He sets it down in the middle of the table and you see bowls of hot stew for each person along with a flagon of water. After that, the guard goes back to the far tower.

OOC: Did everyone come in? Or did some of you decide to stay hidden outside of the wall?

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i enters along with Periwinkle and Xir. He stays alert but silent.

OOC: I assume Xir is with us; don't know about the other two.

Halford

First Post
Having reluctantly concluded that the men are not an immediate threat Dair stares suspiciously at the stew. Surrupticiously he holds it under the table for a second and lets Snoofles take a few mouthfuls. Having done so he watches the dog for a few minutes before finishing the bowl - apparently dog saliva is not a deterent to the halflings appetite as he is soon done and belching in satisfaction.

OOC: Dair approached, albeit a trifle shiftily.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases