PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging) - Page 11





+ Log in or register to post
Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 110 of 660
  1. #101
    "Fine." Conceeds Dair, who is buisily removing the late Orc's armor, weapons, boots, and even clothing tossing it all back through the portal. He has already conscientiously seperated the coins into four equal piles, of 2 Silver and 6 Copper coins, one of which he pocketed.

    For a moment the unscrupulous rogue regards the bodies appraisingly, wondering if there are aspiring Necromancers in Orussus. But his eyes touch briefly upon Sister Periwinkle and he leaves them be.

    Dair follows Xirr about thirty feet behind keeping the cloth over his ring, but not tieing it off so he can simply drop it to release its light.

    OOC: Good idea prerolling initiative Stonegod.

    Next Initiative 21
    Last edited by Halford; Tuesday, 9th September, 2008 at 07:10 AM.
    Back after a long absence, and feeling rather sheepish.

 

  • #102
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orem, Utah
    Posts
    66

    Ignore lukfugl
    Kona'i regards the rogue with mild surprise, then nods at him as he takes his pile of coins. Once Xir has made his way down the tunnel, he moves along behind attempting to keep 50 feet or so between himself and where he expects Xir to have reached.

    Initiative and Stats

    Initiative (1d20 1=20)
    Spot: +6
    Listen: +6
    AC: 13 (13 touch, 12 flat-footed)
    HP: 10/10
    Characters: Kona'i

  • #103
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,311

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    Dair throws the first pile of orc loot at the portal and it dissapears through in a flash of blue light. The rest of the gear follows in the same manner. Xir moves off in the lead scouting, followed by Dair 30' later, and Kona'i and Periwinkle 20 or so feet behind the halfling.

    The group travels for awhile. Without the sun or moon above, time is somewhat difficult to measure. The tunnel stays around 10 to 15 feet wide and tall, with minor variations in its rough, uneven surface. The floor is fairly smooth, with only a few small rocks here and there in the path. The passage curves somewhat once in a while, but mostly remains a fairly straight path. The darkness surrounding the group on either side of their small globe of light seems very heavy. Xir scouts ahead with his luminous Xeph eyes seeing into the darkness and his ears listening carefully.

    After what you would guess to be an hour or two, Xir hears something. The sound of running footsteps in the tunnel ahead of him. Stopping to listen more carefully, he determines that the footsteps are going away from them. Xir listen check (1d20 2=16)

    OOC: Stonegod played in my last game where I had everyone pre-roll their next init so that we could just jump into combat instead of waiting for each person to post first. I'll edit my first post in the thread to track each persons next init to use and after each combat you can each roll the next one. He just beat me to it by posting it before I remembered to ask for it from everyone. Also, if there are ever actions that someone wants to do after I've already posted about the group moving on, just post it and I'll work it in that it happened. Like currently, I'm jumping the gun saying that everyone is moving on when Covaithe hasn't posted for Periwinkle. I'm just trying to not let the game get bogged down by waiting forever. If Periwinkle wants to do something before leaving, she can do so and we'll work it right in.

  • #104
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    ooc: Sorry, going ahead is fine. Next initiative: 16

    Periwinkle stays close to Dair and Kona'i and their lights as they follow Xir down the gloomy tunnels. Her too-loud whisper echoes from the walls, stretching sibilants and giving her normally cheery voice a sinister sound. "Xir is right, those weren't undead. I wonder what orcs are doing here? I thought they lived, you know, in barbarian camps on the untamed wild steppes or something, where they go around capturing human maidens to torture until someone rescues them. At least, that's what Barry Lakeward says. Have you read any of his books? I think they're just dreamy. Oh, I bet he would know what to do in a stinky, dark place like this."
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #105
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    Xir, upon hearing the noise, stops and waits for the others. Running ahead. Unclear if they saw us or if it is unrelated. Best be prepared. I think some healing might be in order.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #106
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    ooc: Xir is down, what, 3 HP? Is anyone else hurt? What sort of healing do you want? I find myself oddly (and probably foolishly) reluctant to spend a CLW, and I've only got one CMW left, if I hang on to Detect Magic.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #107
    Dair shrugs, he doesn't need healing, he doesn't go near pointy implements wielded by people who want to hurt him - not if he can help it. That in the little halfling's opinion is the entire point of being in a party, so there are people to get stabbed instead of Dair Shadowcatch.

    "Expect ambush." He says waiting to follow after the Xeph again, though this time he closes in staying only fifteen feet behind Xirr.
    Back after a long absence, and feeling rather sheepish.

  • #108
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    OOC: Yes, he's down 3hp. Issue is, last game, he was down a little hp and was knocked out. So every bit counts at low level.

    Xir will move stealthily ahead once everything is decided.
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #109
    Community Supporter COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

    covaithe's Avatar

    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Ann Arbor, MI
    Posts
    4,971

    Ignore covaithe
    ooc: Fair enough. Periwinkle uses the wand again, healing 2. :facepalm: If you like, she'll spend an orison for CMW to get that last point. In other news, I'm going out of town for a few days. I'll be back on Monday, but I probably won't get to post between now and then. Periwinkle will bless and heal as appropriate.
    My games

    Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

  • #110
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,311

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    After Periwinkle uses the wand and also an orison to completely heal Xir, the party continues forward. After just a few minutes, the sounds of battle echoing down the tunnel warn the group of trouble ahead. After coming around a bend in the passage, the sound of weapons clashing becomes clear directly in front of the four. Their small lights don’t reach far enough to see what is making the noise though. There is also another unusual sound: like an injured dog whining in pain…
    Xir
    OOC: Hey! I said this was for XIR to see! Not you. Quit peeking!

    Xir’s eyes pierce the darkness and he sees a battle taking place in a small chamber about 60’ ahead. Two skeletons appear to be fighting against a trio of monstrous humanoids. One of them is an Orc like those which were slain, the other two are grey skinned, with large ears and long black hair. As you watch, the two skeletons strike and kill one of the grey skinned creatures. Then, in a flurry of hits, the other two pound the two skeletons apart. As their bones fall to the floor, the Orc yammers loudly at the grey skinned one while pointing back down the passage which the party is following.

    Round 1 - Order of battle
    -Dair (AC: 18, HP: 8/8, 2 potions CLW)
    -Grimlock (no damage)
    -Kona’i (AC: 13, HP: 10/10, 4 potions CLW)
    -Periwinkle (AC: 17, HP: 7/7, Wand of CLW: 17 charges, 2 potions CLW)
    -Xir (AC: 19, HP: 21/21, 3 potions CLW)
    -Orc (no damage)
    Last edited by Phoenix8008; Friday, 12th September, 2008 at 11:27 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Need Help with Portal
      By brunswick in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Tuesday, 30th March, 2010, 02:45 AM
    2. PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)
      By Phoenix8008 in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 566
      Last Post: Thursday, 9th October, 2008, 03:15 AM
    3. Lost Mithril (B4cchus judging)
      By SuddenDawn in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 348
      Last Post: Thursday, 25th September, 2008, 02:25 PM
    4. The Portal
      By Endovior in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Tuesday, 23rd August, 2005, 05:36 PM
    5. The Portal
      By Endovior in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 69
      Last Post: Tuesday, 9th August, 2005, 07:12 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •