PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging) - Page 12





+ Log in or register to post
Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast
Results 111 to 120 of 660
  1. #111
    Dair double moves forward dropping the rag from around his ring to throw light upon the situation.

    OOC: Moves forward 40ft and will attempt to hide if its viable.

    Hide (1d20+13=24)
    Back after a long absence, and feeling rather sheepish.

 

  • #112
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orem, Utah
    Posts
    66

    Ignore lukfugl
    Kona'i tries to listen and maintain a judge of the direction of the sound, moving partly towards and partly to the right of that direction, effectively closing with the conflict while spiralling around to the right side (or trying to) for a possible flank.

    OOC
    60' of movement this round in an closing spiral around the conflict. You can roll a listen check for me if you judge that's necessary to "plot" a proper course in the darkness.

    Of course, I may amend this action if Dair successfully illuminates the combat before my turn...
    Characters: Kona'i

  • #113
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,311

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    Dair moves 40' forward and reaches the place where the 10' wide passage opens up into a roughly 30' x 30' room. Standing in the middle of that chamber are two figures just at the edge of his ring's bright light, 20' away still. One is an orc like the others that were killed, and one is a gray skinned humanoid with black hair and large ears. As this creature turns toward the halfling, Dair can see that it is apparently blind if it's large glazed white eyes are anything to go by. Considering that his ring is glowing brightly in the darkness surrounding the group, hiding seems out of the question unless he removes the ring and gets it away from him somehow.

    The gray skinned creature moves forward towards Dair, stopping just at the edge of the room while Dair is still in the 10' passage. The monster swings its big battleaxe right over Dair's head, not seeming to realize that he was so short. Its head tilts downward now, seeming to realize why it missed this time...

    OOC: lukfugl
    Kona'i can't get around the critter to flank it without risking an AoO. You want to do that? Or you can move the 40' to be as near as possible without provoking, then use tumble to try and get the last 10' till you are around behind it. You would need a 15 on the tumble check for that, so you'd need to roll a 12 or better. Your call. Also, the orc would still be behind Kona'i in the middle of the room if he was flanking the grimlock near the entrance.

  • #114
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orem, Utah
    Posts
    66

    Ignore lukfugl
    ooc

    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix8008 View Post
    Kona'i can't get around the critter to flank it without risking an AoO. You want to do that? Or you can move the 40' to be as near as possible without provoking, then use tumble to try and get the last 10' till you are around behind it. You would need a 15 on the tumble check for that, so you'd need to roll a 12 or better. Your call. Also, the orc would still be behind Kona'i in the middle of the room if he was flanking the grimlock near the entrance.
    Oops, didn't realize we were still in the tunnel. Amended action below...


    Kona'i moves along the tunnel behind Dair. Seeing the critter close with Dair at the mouth of the tunnel and wanting to leave room for Xir behind him, he tries to tumble past the critter, but fails to avoid a passing attack.

    Rather than stopping once past the beast, Kona'i continues on to engage the orc while it is still separated from it's companion...
    Characters: Kona'i

  • #115
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,311

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    Kona'i tries to tumble past the blind creature, but he shoulder rolls over a rock causing him some pain and slowing him down. Which turns out to be helpful because the battleaxe of the monster slams down into the stone floor inches in front of the monk, right where he would have been. Kona'i hops over the imbedded axe and moves past the blid creature to threaten the orc in the middle of the room. He has about a 5' space on either side of him clear and then a creature in the next 5' in front and behind him.

    Periwinkle follows behind Dair and steps up behind him in case he gets injured by the nasty, yucky, blind creature. "Oh my goodness, he's blind! Poor thing. I wish we could help him somehow. Except that he is trying to kill us it seems. Oh dear..."

    OOC
    Grimlock AoO at Kona'i (1d20 4=11, 1d8 3=6)
    Xir can go now, then I'll do the orc.

  • #116
    Registered User
    Novice (Lvl 1)



    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Orem, Utah
    Posts
    66

    Ignore lukfugl
    OOC
    Ah, I thought there was more space between the orc and the grimlock, such that I'd not be flanked by the two. Oh well, this way I'm still providing flanking for Dair's sneak attack. Go Dair Go!
    Characters: Kona'i

  • #117
    Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

    stonegod's Avatar

    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Starkville, MS
    Posts
    12,535
    Blog Entries
    10

    Ignore stonegod
    With a thought, Xir forms a blade of pure green and tosses it at the clearest target.

    OOC: Throw MB (1d20 5=19, 1d6 1=7)
    stonegod -- LEB judge and spawn of Khyber since 2005 (Blog)

    My many characters | LEB Games | EtCR |Rise of a Demon Prince Story Hour

    "You be evil stonegod" -- Bront

  • #118

    Dair Shadowcatch, AC 18, HP 8

    Dair shoots Periwinkle a glance, Dair rluctantly pulls a dagger and stabs at the orc, but clearly he is not as adept in melee and his dagger goes well wide of the mark.

    "Crap."

    Back after a long absence, and feeling rather sheepish.

  • #119
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,311

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    OOC: Ok, there's some confusion about who is where. Sorry I haven't made a map yet. Xir is furthest back since he didn't move before or after throwing his mind blade. 35' in front of Xir is Periwinkle. Right in front of Periwinkle is Dair. Right in front of Dair is the grimlock, not the orc, so that would be who he tries and fails to stab. But that won't be till next round after the orc goes. Anyway, after the grimlock, there is a 5' empty space, then Kona'i, then another 5' empty space, and then the orc. At least until the orc moves to attack. So Kona'i isn't being flanked because he's not beside the grimlock. On the other hand, he's also not flanking the grimlock with Dair, so it all works out. There is also an injured dog whining against the side wall of the chamber, but it's staying out of the fighting. Doesn't look like it would be a threat to anybody anyway.

  • #120
    Registered User
    Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

    Phoenix8008's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Frostproof, FL
    Posts
    5,311

    Ignore Phoenix8008
    -Xir's green blade sails through the air, just past Periwinkle, over Dair, and into the grimlock's chest right after it pulled it's axe out of the ground. It flinches in pain, but doesn't drop. It raises it's axe high in the air...
    OOC: managed to hit him even with the -4 for firing into melee... impressive.

    -The orc steps forward and swings its falchion hard at Kona'i, but the monk dodges the blow without too much trouble.
    PH2:E3:R1: Orc attacking Kona'i (1d20+4=10, 2d4+4=10)

    Round 2 - Order of battle
    -Dair (AC: 18, HP: 8/8, 2 potions CLW)
    -Grimlock (7 damage)
    -Kona’i (AC: 13, HP: 10/10, 4 potions CLW)
    -Periwinkle (AC: 17, HP: 7/7, Wand of CLW: 17 charges, 2 potions CLW)
    -Xir (AC: 19, HP: 21/21, 3 potions CLW)
    -Orc (no damage)

    -Dair pulls his dagger and stabs at the blind creature in front of him, but misses his mark.

    -The gray skinned creature slashes its axe downward at Dair like it is trying to split a piece of wood. The small rogue BARELY manages to dodge the blow this time. In fact, he thinks he sees a few severed hairs floating down towards the floor. That one couldn't have been ANY closer and still missed...
    PH2:E3:R2: Grimlock attacking Dair (1d20+4=17, 1d8+3=6)

    -Kona'i and Xir can go, then I'll figure out what Periwinkle's doing...
    Last edited by Phoenix8008; Saturday, 13th September, 2008 at 03:50 AM.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 12 of 66 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 62 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Need Help with Portal
      By brunswick in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 6
      Last Post: Tuesday, 30th March, 2010, 02:45 AM
    2. PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)
      By Phoenix8008 in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 566
      Last Post: Thursday, 9th October, 2008, 03:15 AM
    3. Lost Mithril (B4cchus judging)
      By SuddenDawn in forum Living EN World
      Replies: 348
      Last Post: Thursday, 25th September, 2008, 02:25 PM
    4. The Portal
      By Endovior in forum RPGs & Tabletop Gaming Discussion
      Replies: 9
      Last Post: Tuesday, 23rd August, 2005, 05:36 PM
    5. The Portal
      By Endovior in forum Playing the Game
      Replies: 69
      Last Post: Tuesday, 9th August, 2005, 07:12 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •