Thread: High Level Play

Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block Filcher

Friend+
    My communities:

High Level Play

Accomplished 4E players place and emphasis on teamwork. Folks help each other out be performing their roles. Your group works out tactics and strategies to be applied to different situations.

So a question for folks that have played into the higher levels of 4E --- have you seen your tactics change? How does you group evolve as the PCs gain levels?

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 2 Reviews
    The Perturbed DragonGygax Memorial FundENniesI Defended The Walls!Moderator

Block Mathew_Freeman

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Filcher View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    Accomplished 4E players place and emphasis on teamwork. Folks help each other out be performing their roles. Your group works out tactics and strategies to be applied to different situations.

So a question for folks that have played into the higher levels of 4E --- have you seen your tactics change? How does you group evolve as the PCs gain levels?
    I've been running a short 11th level campaign, and I've noticed that the combats are even more varied - lots of movement, it's hard to pin anyone down for long and the amounts of damage are going up.

There's more to remember, but no individual 'bit' is that complicated. I'm sure if I'd gone through to 11th in a steady progression it wouldn't be a problem - it's only tricky when all of this stuff is dumped on you at once.

Guide (Lvl 11)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Block catsclaw227

Friend+
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by Tallarn View Post
    This quote is hidden because you are ignoring this member.
    I've been running a short 11th level campaign, and I've noticed that the combats are even more varied - lots of movement, it's hard to pin anyone down for long and the amounts of damage are going up.

There's more to remember, but no individual 'bit' is that complicated. I'm sure if I'd gone through to 11th in a steady progression it wouldn't be a problem - it's only tricky when all of this stuff is dumped on you at once.
    This has been my experience as well. We converted Age of Worms to 4e and I am running my group (which were 8th level in 3.x, now they are 11th in 4e) through the second half of Hall of Harsh Reflections.

It's tough having it all dumped at once, and they are moving well, but I imagine it's tricky for the players too, since they didn't get to learn all their tactics and powers over 11 levels, and instead have them all dumped at 11th level as well.

+ Log in or register to post

Quick Reply Quick Reply