Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread

covaithe

Explorer
garyh said:
I think there's also a danger of taking so long to talk through everything that we lose momentum.

True. I think right now our momentum is pretty good, and I'm willing to let it ride for the moment. If we slow down, I'll be more interested in measures to keep things ticking over.

All just my opinion, of course. If you put it forward as a proposal for the facilitators, I wouldn't vote yes, but I wouldn't vote no either.

Speaking of which, how's that charter coming? :)

Phoenix8008

First Post
I wouldn't mind seeing a start date goal. It gives something to aim for at least even if it doesn't get hit exactly. I'm still reading what I can of the discussion and other threads here as time allows and posting when I feel strongly enough about something. Great job so far to all who are contributing with hard work and meaningful discussion! :cool:

garyh

First Post
Thanks, Phoenix! And glad to have you here. Your sig shows you to be a Living Game veteran, so I'd be happy to hear anything you have to say on our various ongoing discussions.

In vaguely progress-related news, I've posted a VERY VERY rough raft of the charter here. Please swing over there and critique away, everyone!

Atanatotatos

First Post
I was absent for a few days but I'm back to stay guys. I'm going to read throughly all the proposed settings and try to give my two coins as soon as possible. If you still think it's suitable or interesting at all, I'll do that revision of the pantheon I promised...

Graf

Explorer
I know people have probably been wondering why I keep going on and on about this hook and kicker thing. The writing is not the best but I hope this clears it up a bit.

(the originals are on the wiki)

The Principal of Private Information and Hooks

In general the information in your character's background is private. It can not be altered by anyone without your permission. If your character backstory includes the fact that you are "searching for your sisters murderer" a DM can not create that murderer and have you interact with them without your permission.
The exception to this is parts of your character's backstory that you designate as a hook. If you include
Hook: My sisters' murder
on your character sheet then you are are allowing a DM to include that part of your character's backstory in their adventure.
Feel free to include suggestions into your hooks. (You might write Hook: My sister's murderer (someone unexpected) or (she died for knowing to much) or even something very specific.
Kicker

A kicker is an event that happened to your character directly before they become active in the Living Enworld setting. It is designed to help motivate your character toward an active adventuring life and guide DMs in creating adventures as well as giving your character a way to be included in an adventure.
By definition a kicker is a hook.
To encourage incorporation of player desires into a an adventure introduction that directly addresses your hook will receive an OOC point. If you feel your kicker has been addressed by a DM simply post to the (Hooks Book-keeping) thread with a link to the post or thread where the kicker was addressed. The kicker will be marked "addressed" and the OOC point credited to the DM.
Please be aware that you can award only one DM a ooc point for addressing your kicker.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases