What's on your mind?

Registered User COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by garyh
    I think there's also a danger of taking so long to talk through everything that we lose momentum.
    True. I think right now our momentum is pretty good, and I'm willing to let it ride for the moment. If we slow down, I'll be more interested in measures to keep things ticking over.

All just my opinion, of course. If you put it forward as a proposal for the facilitators, I wouldn't vote yes, but I wouldn't vote no either.

Speaking of which, how's that charter coming?
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore garyh
    My communities:

Quote Originally Posted by covaithe View Post
    Speaking of which, how's that charter coming?
    I'm planning to work on it over the weekend. It's a good "stay up late on the weekend after the wife and baby have gone to bed" project.

Let's see what other folks think of the start date idea.
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

Hehe, true enough. I'm going to try to knock out a draft for a character creation guide tonight.
    My games

Check out Living 4th Edition, a community-run 4e D&D living world open to all. Now open for character and adventure submissions!

Cutpurse (Lvl 5)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore Phoenix8008
    My communities:

I wouldn't mind seeing a start date goal. It gives something to aim for at least even if it doesn't get hit exactly. I'm still reading what I can of the discussion and other threads here as time allows and posting when I feel strongly enough about something. Great job so far to all who are contributing with hard work and meaningful discussion!

Waghalter (Lvl 7)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore garyh
    My communities:

Thanks, Phoenix! And glad to have you here. Your sig shows you to be a Living Game veteran, so I'd be happy to hear anything you have to say on our various ongoing discussions.

In vaguely progress-related news, I've posted a VERY VERY rough raft of the charter here. Please swing over there and critique away, everyone!
    Gary Hoggatt - www.garyh.net
    "Such heroic nonsense..."
    Living 4th Edition - Join EN World's community-created Play-by-Post world! Adventure awaits you in the Transitive Isles!

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Atanatotatos
    My communities:

I was absent for a few days but I'm back to stay guys. I'm going to read throughly all the proposed settings and try to give my two coins as soon as possible. If you still think it's suitable or interesting at all, I'll do that revision of the pantheon I promised...
    Current PBP
    DM in:
    Ata's 4e PPvPP Arena

Playing:
    Koryo of the Tiger's Rest in Voda Vosa's "Path of Enlightment"
    Belleros Arkeion in Sparky's "Thorantar"
    Thormir Brassbeard in EvolutionKB's "Lost-Eberron-4eStyle"
    Anostor Duran in covaithe's "Death's Reach"

In L4W:
    Alexander Duran, Proud member of the MMC
    in:
    Phoenix8008's "The Captain's Caper"
    "Redblade's Riches"
    Hadarai Polemarkos
    in:
    KenHood's "TURTLEDOME!:Battle Bone"

In LEB:
    Thusk Tharashk Duran

Come join us in the Shifting Seas and Transitive Isles of Living 4th Edition, amazing adventures and great fun guaranteed!
    Then to play community 4e in Eberron join us in LEB too! Give life to your characters and contribute to the living settings!

Please excuse my poor English. It is not my first language.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Graf
    My communities:

I know people have probably been wondering why I keep going on and on about this hook and kicker thing. The writing is not the best but I hope this clears it up a bit.

(the originals are on the wiki)

The Principal of Private Information and Hooks

In general the information in your character's background is private. It can not be altered by anyone without your permission. If your character backstory includes the fact that you are "searching for your sisters murderer" a DM can not create that murderer and have you interact with them without your permission.
    The exception to this is parts of your character's backstory that you designate as a hook. If you include
    Hook: My sisters' murder
    on your character sheet then you are are allowing a DM to include that part of your character's backstory in their adventure.
    Feel free to include suggestions into your hooks. (You might write Hook: My sister's murderer (someone unexpected) or (she died for knowing to much) or even something very specific.
    Kicker

A kicker is an event that happened to your character directly before they become active in the Living Enworld setting. It is designed to help motivate your character toward an active adventuring life and guide DMs in creating adventures as well as giving your character a way to be included in an adventure.
    By definition a kicker is a hook.
    To encourage incorporation of player desires into a an adventure introduction that directly addresses your hook will receive an OOC point. If you feel your kicker has been addressed by a DM simply post to the (Hooks Book-keeping) thread with a link to the post or thread where the kicker was addressed. The kicker will be marked "addressed" and the OOC point credited to the DM.
    Please be aware that you can award only one DM a ooc point for addressing your kicker.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews
    Blog Entries

Ignore Graf
    My communities:

Made a DM/OOC points poll.

That 100 character limit is harsh.
    Interested in playing 4th edition online? The Living 4th EnWorld Campaign is open! [character creation wiki forum]
    I am in an interesting period of my life; I will post in games that I run three times a week (M,W,F); and try to maintain obligations in existing games.
    ...disquieting...
    There was no end to his patience and endurance. He played day and night, his obsession was somewhat disquieting. It was less as if he were playing to dispel gloom or beguile tedium than as if he were giving himself up to the fangs of gaming devils."
    Kawabata Yasunari - The Master of Go

Defender (Lvl 8)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore covaithe
    My communities:

re: hooks and kickers: As is probably no surprise, I'm happy right up until the point where it starts talking about OOC points.
    My games

PbP Addict
    The Great Druid (Lvl 17)

Reviews
    Read 0 Reviews

Ignore renau1g
    My communities:

I think a start date is a great idea, putting a target date always helps me with project management duties.

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 11 of 48 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast