Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread

covaithe

Explorer
Hiya, renau1g. Seeing your post reminded me of something I thought of a few days ago but neglected to write down: It looks like we're planning on keeping character sheets in the wiki, not in a thread as the previous living worlds have done. This buys us a lot of good things, but it means that the character sheet formatting has to be done with mediawiki formatting, not bbcode. So much of your hard work may go to waste. :( On the other hand, I think wiki formatting tools are better than in bbcode, so the end result will probably be nicer.

renau1g

First Post
I agree, the work Goblinking did was really nice, I just updated LEB's so it really wasn't too much work. I'll still use it in PbP myself.

Graf

Explorer
I'm happy with start date... though I planning pushing hard now to get my stuff done. Personally I think we could start in a week or two if we can just grind down some stuff (assuming setting stuff gets ironed out).

garyh

First Post
I'm happy with start date... though I planning pushing hard now to get my stuff done. Personally I think we could start in a week or two if we can just grind down some stuff (assuming setting stuff gets ironed out).

Personally, I see all the unsettled details in the charter as bigger issues. I think the setting's pretty playable as is. But I agree, I think we can be done really soon, and even beat the 9/15 date I suggested.

In other news, I've started looking at the deity names finally, and am going to be putting together deity names for Daunton, Hraka, Fey Isle, and Bacarte (Ata's names going for the Imperium version of the pantheon). Oh, and I should probably do the Jade and Bone versions, too.

My one slight issue with the pantheon, now that I look at it, is that there are 7 gods and 5 goddesses. I'd rather see 6/6, or at least the addition of another goddess (for 13 total, still a good number). Any thoughts?

Graf

Explorer
I like twelve. Who says they have to be the same gender in each setting?

The imperium is a patriarchy so the male gods dominate and many of the female gods appear in subservient roles (x is important because she got kidnapped by y and forced to be his husband.....

This is what triggered the schism in eladrin society that led to the goddess mystery cult (which would ultimately become corrupted into the drow). I see that as "feature" of the Imperium setting.

I'm planning on leaving Jade and Bone vacant for now... let PCs/DMs add em in... :)

Atanatotatos

First Post
If it makes it better, I plan to expand the gods' entry and some of the female deities will be prominently important. I'll see if i can add a phb-modeled entry with alignments commandments etc.

garyh

First Post
If it makes it better, I plan to expand the gods' entry and some of the female deities will be prominently important. I'll see if i can add a phb-modeled entry with alignments commandments etc.

That'd be great. I'm just working on a chart with the names in each culture, so that should be easy to integrate into that sort of set-up, too.

Dunamin

First Post
Hello there, just joined this group as I'm eager to play and develop some 4E.

Is there a general deadline for when the setting should be available for play?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases