Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread

garyh

First Post
Well my character is done, and I am far more pleased with him than I expected.

Additionally I decided to make Faun the owner of the Drowned Man Brudd's father. I have made it clear that Brudd gets nothing from this relationship other than the time of day, so let me know if there is a problem with that.

I've also created a Hobgoblin Cleric of Hadeys named Mardan Kraith who is Bacarte's premier loan shark, any objections. Can/Should I add this to the wiki?

I think those will probably be okay. You haven't given yourself any sort of "I'm really a prince" or "I'm the Liberator" connections, so it should work.

Two tavern thread's are going to split the populace. Not sure if that is a good idea or not. But that's for the facilitators to finalize. I just created the Hanged Man to have something (could make it the same thread since there is a connection of sorts...)

I agree with Stonegod. At some point, I think we will have multiple taverns, but when we've got only as many characters as can be approved by our small (and I mean small!) staff of reviewers, we should keep them all in one starting place for now.

Erekose13

Explorer
Very minor update to the Template:CS:Attack to properly toggle Str mod in so that we can remove the note below it. Realizing then that it didnt cover my character's Magic Missile or stonegod's Eldritch Blast I added those toggles in to allow for Con and Int based ranged attacks. Those are the only alternative basic attack types I can think of, if there are others let me know. In updating the template, I updated Amicus, Incarnation, and Callen to reflect the changes.

Halford

First Post
Hmmm, I think we need a judgement on the tavern issue, two threads does seem a little cumbersome, but then so does two taverns in one thread. My suggestion would be to start with the assumption that for the moment any travel between the two taverns has already been paid for and have everyone begin in the Hanged Man for the time being.

Halford

First Post
Hmm, well maybe we could makie the planar travel a little simpler. Otherwise it seems like it has potential to be irksome. Although on the other hand half an hour is a long time in pbp time.

Graf

Explorer
Well my character is done, and I am far more pleased with him than I expected.

Additionally I decided to make Faun the owner of the Drowned Man Brudd's father. I have made it clear that Brudd gets nothing from this relationship other than the time of day, so let me know if there is a problem with that.

I've also created a Hobgoblin Cleric of Hadeys named Mardan Kraith who is Bacarte's premier loan shark, any objections. Can/Should I add this to the wiki?
seems great to me please go ahead!

Graf

Explorer
The whole two taverns thing is not intended to be annoying...
I agree that there is probably a better way to handle it.

should we just leave it vague for now... ?Or say that the inn's are physically connected but you can only leave from the door you entered?

Halford

First Post
Actually I like that last suggestion Graf, a simpler connection. Its not like we need be limited by that the connection can distort at times, or local group could restrict access, but for now that seems like a simple and elegant solution.

I don't even know that we need the you may only leave by the door you entered restriction, that would prohibit PCs from different locales being recruited into the same group and I don't think it achieves a great deal. Ship travel is certainly not rendered impotent, since its a small portal and goods are not allowed to be transported through it onmass, etc.

I'm going to go and add Mardan to the wiki then, someone take a look tomorrow to make sure I haven't fluffed it up please!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases