Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread

garyh

First Post
I have reviewed the following two characters and approved them, with corrections as noted in the Judges Notes sections:

L4W:pC:Kama'zer Anma'giduu (Phoenix8008) - ENWiki

L4W:pC:Riar'lon (rgladwell) - ENWiki

Kama'zar and Riar'lon still need one additional approval.

I will be reviewing characters in the order I received e-mail notification that they were ready for review and posting the results here, in addition to the wiki and via e-mail. Particularly problematic characters may be moved to the back of the line.

Halford

First Post
Sorry to be dim folks, but I couldn't see who I was supposed to send my adventure submission to. Do I just send it to the character judge email? Or have I just managed to miss the appropriate link?

Graf

Explorer
the not transporting through the portal was supposed to keep it low fantasy (reduce the amount of "magical travel" to the minimum while allowing there to be a unified inn structure)...
Im not sure if that's a meaningful statement but that was the intent.

Submit to the judge email please (we actually got a submission just now - looked good (I.e. Detailed, addressed the topics requested) I haven't finished it yet).

The non-computer i use to surf the net on weekends freaks out and eats its cookies every time I go near the wiki but I'll be doing the same thing as Gary starting Monday.

Phoenix8008

First Post
garyh said:
From Garyh - I approve Kama'zer Anma'giduu. Kama'zer needs one additional approval.

However, I have two notes -

1) The skills math section did not show the armor penalty to Endurance, although the correct total bonus is indicated. I have corrected this.

2) Not a mechanical illegality, but some advice - Kama'zer could wear hide armor instead of chain and have the same AC (6 from chain or 3 from hide + 3 from Int), and save some coin, weight, and speed.

Kama'zer is not yet approved.
Hey there all, just wanted to make it known that I took gary's advice above and modified my sheet to switch the armor to hide instead of chain to get that point of speed and such. I also added a row to my Basic Attacks section just under the 'show math' to include a line for basic ranged attack. Thanks for the advice, gary! Still not used to Int being able to help my AC I guess.

Halford

First Post
If nobody mind I'm going to go ahead and post an NPC looking to hire folks to The Hanged Man. Though my adventure is not approved I think its fair to say that it won't need too much tweaking to meet the judges approval - at least I hope not!

The adventure will be designed to take PCs from first to 2nd level and will be mostly wilderness based. The party will be attempting to save the sister of a kidnapped Eladrin who had come to beseech aide from Daunton for his embattled people. Good aligned PCs will probably be slightly better suited to the adventure, but there are no restriction on nonaligned PCs, etc.

To be fair to anyone interested in signing on I'll let you know that though I am an experienced 3.5 DM I have little experience DMing 4th edition - I ran the DnD day adventure and thats it. So rules mistakes will likely occur, if and when they do I will happily be corrected and will rectify the error asap.

Mapping in the game will take the following form, because personally maps are always a big deal to me...

Attachments

• Example Map.jpg
    Example Map.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 53

Dunamin

First Post
Just wanted to note that I've changed the gith entry under Races and their Place in the Setting from the previous take on warring on "gith isle" about an ancient disk, to this:

The militant githyanki and monastic githzerai that are seen across the shifting seas predominantly come from Ea, a distant continent where they war with each other and additional parties. They have travelled to the realm from their respective planar homes to find a legendary figure that has heavily defined their pasts and now may return to resolve ancient conflicts.

A different strain of githyanki can also be found in more limited numbers on the Isle of Laughing Gallows, a people of brutal cutthroats who engage in the vilest arts of piracy.

garyh

First Post
I'd play in it, Halford, although that'd obviously spit up Hrav and Brudd. Haven't looked at the adventure proposal (first, and so far only!) yet, in case I play it. The small number of judges is going to make judges actually getting in on adventures a bit tough for the moment. Even if the reviewing judges review a spoiler-free summary, one of the judges still has to not play in the adventure so as to judge it.

Anyone one to be a judge and/or character reviewer? Right now it looks like me, Graf, and covaithe (with covaithe on vacation for a few days). We could use some help!

Dunamin

First Post
By the way, allow me to shamelessly recommend Fighter players to take a look at my take on a simple overview of Fighter powers in the Math section of your sheet. (Link)

It could have been made more complex with seperate entries for Hit, Miss, Effect, Range, and so on, though I personally prefer sheets simple and brief.

Remove ads