Living 4th Edition Discussion Thread

garyh

First Post
As for recruiters, where does it say that they HAVE to pick the first ones to post interest. I thought that just kinda gave preference, but not a guarantee. The one recruiting would have final say on who they hire. So if the 'piratey' group wants to stick together, they could all go together or decide to wait depending on the adventure offered. I know my character is just looking for ANY purpose in life at this point, so nearly any adventure would be fine by her. But the recruiter should have final call on who they hire or for how long they hold the offer open before choosing as far as I'm concerned. If it's in the rules otherwise somewhere, I'd like to know so I can make plans for that when I get an adventure together eventually.

No, you're right. I think we're all just itching to get in on an adventure, even if it may not be a perfect fit for our character. :)

Halford

First Post
Well color me embarressed if that not a simple and elegant solution I completely overlooked! Doh! Works for me! It even makes sense for Brudd to be in Daunton, yesh, I swear wisdom is my dump stat.

I would be prepared to volunteer as a judge on at least a temporary basis, as the above illustrates I do tend to have some glareing blind spots, but on the other hand at the moment I have plenty of free time - don't tell my boss that.

garyh

First Post
Well color me embarressed if that not a simple and elegant solution I completely overlooked! Doh! Works for me! It even makes sense for Brudd to be in Daunton, yesh, I swear wisdom is my dump stat.

I would be prepared to volunteer as a judge on at least a temporary basis, as the above illustrates I do tend to have some glareing blind spots, but on the other hand at the moment I have plenty of free time - don't tell my boss that.

I don't know that we've set up a formal process for adding judges, but at this point, I think it's "If you're willing, so are we!" :) So for my part, let me say "Welcome aboard!" I'll add the e-mail you sent your Brudd's approval request with to the judge e-mail forward list.

The following characters are requesting approval, if/when you get a chance:

L4W:pC:Kama'zer Anma'giduu (Phoenix8008) - ENWiki - one approval from me.
L4W:pC:Riar'lon (rgladwell - ENWiki) - one approval from me.
L4W:pC:Incarnation (stonegod) - ENWiki
L4W:pC:Rurdev (EvolutionKB) - ENWiki
L4W:pC:Alexander Duran(Atanatotatos) - ENWiki
L4W:pC:Hravoth Kortaga (garyh) - ENWiki
L4W:pC:Brudd Brassback (Halford) - ENWiki (okay, you can't approve your own PC, but for completeness' sake...)

Halford

First Post
Okay, I went ahead and approved Kama'zer, only some tiny niggles, the speed section still has 5 listed with a penalty from chainmail and a City name was not capitalized - wasn't sure if there was a reason for that or not.

On the bright side I learned a great deal about Warlords!

I'll also not that if you are copying an pasteing from Quagmire's sheet you will need to factor in the -1 from equipment for Endurance, the -1 is included in all other appropriate skills - I have corrected this. I know I had to alter this on Brudd's sheet so I imagine its the case for a few others.

Additionally there appears to be something seriously wrong with Quagmire's AC, he is wearing chainmail and carrying a light shield, yet he has a +2 bonus listed to his reflex from the shield and a +4 bonus for his armor with +1 for his int, either he is wearing hide or chainmail, but I can't figure out which so I won't correct it. He seems to be getting the worst of both worlds at the moment.

Incidently is Quagmire a PC or an example, its the name thats throwing me, in either case he needs some looking over.

Last edited:

garyh

First Post
Halford, I sent a couple of e-mails to the judge account after (I think) I added you to the forward list. Did you receive them? If not, I'll see if I can fix it.

Halford

First Post
Can someone tell me where Pact Initiate is from? I'm having trouble locating it.

Oh and yes I got the emails garyh, we are good to go!

Phoenix8008

First Post
...and a City name was not capitalized - wasn't sure if there was a reason for that or not.
"eke" is not the name of a city, therefore I didn't capatilize it. ;)

"2. eke out,
a. to make (a living) or support (existence) laboriously: They managed to eke out a living by farming a small piece of land."

Remove ads