Gamers Seeking Gamers Trials (Community Supporters Only)

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
This thread is for feedback from those helpng trial the new Gamers Seeking Gamers system.

blargney the second

blargney the minute's son
I'm filling out my profile right now, and here are some things that came up for me:

1) The Game Location (State) field is awkward for non-americans. Do I enter BC or British Columbia? Some clarification text would be helpful. Bear in mind that the long name is rough because peepul cant spel, and the abbreviation is rough because they're sometimes subject to interpretation.

2) The Currently Playing field should be a checkbox to allow multiple selections. I'm playing in two 3.5 games and a 4e game.

3) The Days of the week and Times available to play could be merged into a 28-option grid of checkboxes. My availability is different on weekends than it is on weekdays.

I hope this helps!
-blarg

1) The Game Location (State) field is awkward for non-americans. Do I enter BC or British Columbia? Some clarification text would be helpful. Bear in mind that the long name is rough because peepul cant spel, and the abbreviation is rough because they're sometimes subject to interpretation.

Do you want to play with people living in British Columbia that can't spell 'British Columbia'? :p

I must say it freaked me out when it started insisting I fill out the questionaire, since (apparently) I'd turned on 'looking for games' 6 1/2 years ago and forgot all about it. Since it's up at the top, I was getting increasingly annoyed at it insisting I fill out info for some reason. Fortunately, I stopped being a 'user' long enough to actually look at the page and see why I was being clueless.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member

I agree. Unfortunately, there's no way to have every county/state/province in the world, so for non-US states, we're stuck with a text box which relies on people to spell their own address ocrrectly.

But then, do you really want to play in a game with someone who can't spell their own address? :D

2) The Currently Playing field should be a checkbox to allow multiple selections. I'm playing in two 3.5 games and a 4e game.

That's a perfectly reasonable change - I'll get that done.

3) The Days of the week and Times available to play could be merged into a 28-option grid of checkboxes. My availability is different on weekends than it is on weekdays.

How do you mean?

Brown Jenkin

First Post
2 things I noticed right away.

1. The links to this thread on the Gamers Seeking Gamers section page are missing the "h" in the http:

2. Where is HERO System?

Edit: not trying to be rude, just concise.

Drowned Hero

First Post
My 5 cents :)

When i read gamers seeking games i first thought !oh a new system on the forums to find a game to play pbp! great!. to then realize it was for games over the table, face to face.

Maybe a title as Gamers seeking 'tabletop or Real life' games, would make it more clear.DH[/quote]

Last edited by a moderator:

Festivus

First Post
I was just going to ask about those of us who run online games, not PBP. I didn't see an option obvious to me for online anywhere in there but thought it would be nice.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
My 5 cents :)

When i read gamers seeking games i first thought !oh a new system on the forums to find a game to play pbp! great!. to then realize it was for games over the table, face to face.

Maybe a title as Gamers seeking 'tabletop or Real life' games, would make it more clear.DH

Hmmm. It says Gamers seeking Gamers, not Gamers seeking Games.

Remove ads