Question about warforged monks...?

akbearfoot

First Post
Can a warforged with monk levels use any of the monk abilities that require them to be unarmored?

The composite plating racial ability of warforged hinders them as if it were armor, takes up the armor slot, has an armor check and spell failure chance associated with it.

I ask because in my age of worms campaign I'm playing in we have a warforged monk with a +6 con bonus who just started took his first level of fist of the forest and his AC :):):):) up by 6 pts overnight....roleplaying issues ignored, is he even allowed to gain the monks AC bonus, or the FotF con bonus to AC abilities? I only own the Ebberon campaign setting, and Magic of Ebberon and I couldnt find any mention in either book.

Christian

Explorer
From the 3.5 FAQ, pg. 5:
"Is a warforged considered to be wearing armor for the purpose of using special abilities, such as a monk's fast movement?
The composite plating of a typical warforged doesn't count as armor. Certain warforged feats, such as Adamantine Body (EC 50) specifically state that the character is considered to be wearing armor, and thus would limit the use of such abilities."
Really, it's only +2, and they give half of that back with their racial Wisdom penalty when they take the Monk class. It sounds to me like the Fist of the Forest prestige class (whatever that is) is your real problem here ...

Derro

First Post
Not related but I find it funny that you're mis-type of shot ended up as :):):):) and Eric's grandmother didn't like that.

Err... umm...

Carry on folks. Nothing to see here.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases