odd request(ot) (help me build a dragon!)

Talvisota

First Post
As much as I wouold love to be a part of this, I have no idea where to get said clay here. The soil is generally quite dry and brittle, but higher up in the mts you have the dark, rich stuff I used to see every day in Illinois, my home.

Give me some ideas . . .

alsih2o

First Post
Talvisota said:
As much as I wouold love to be a part of this, I have no idea where to get said clay here. The soil is generally quite dry and brittle, but higher up in the mts you have the dark, rich stuff I used to see every day in Illinois, my home.

Give me some ideas . . .

dry and brittle is quite often clay! put some in a cup with some water and see if it gets sticky after the water has been absorbed.

if it fractures into plates and chips it is sometimes a quite excellent claybody :) wow, kazahkstan would be great!

hong

WotC's bitch
alsih2o said:
thanks to everyone sending mud! but where are all the international folks, someone slap hong awake!

Er, eh, what?

Sorry, I was spending the morning of Sep 11 the same way I did a year ago: asleep. :)

I'm not sure what the customs/quarantine guys will say about sending a lump of dirt out of SAtLDU, but I'll see what I can do....

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Hmm... I may have to go pester some of the art majors to see if they know where I could obtain some clay in the natural state. If so, you'll have IA taken care of.

alsih2o

First Post
well, thru the kindness of the folks here on the boards and other friends the project continues to grow. i have decided on the mosaic dragon, with each scale being cast and placed, so this may look funky but i think it will also be very cool.

anyone else with a source for mud feel free to speak up, and i promise this will be my last disguised bump for a while ;)

feeb

First Post
Wow... what a perfect excuse to visit the gravesite of my sister. I haven't been there in a couple of years, even though it's just minutes away. The cemetary she's buried in is rich in red clay. I'll go get some soon. I'm gonna be mailin you something soon, anyway. ;)

Maybe you can incorporate it into something for me too? Talk to you soon!

alsih2o

First Post
Maldur said:
What do you think is a decent sized chunk?

ONE kilo?

well, for the dragon piece i have been asking for a #2 pencil type chunk.

if someone wants a mug or some such, i reccommend a mug sized cgunk, just for safeties sake. :)

p.s. let it dry completely, makes it cheaper to ship!

Last edited:

Remove ads