The Gods of Bal-Sagoth

Belzamus

First Post
Wait, are you saying have the actual spell only summon 1 Dread Dweller in Eternal Shadow, and then have that one proceed to invite all of his friends to the existential buffet? That might be feasible and certainly sounds interesting.

I just need to motivate myself to work on this project before I can figure it out. :p

paradox42

First Post
Actually, I was saying that the spell you want could be made by first figuring out what the spell should be if it summons just one controlled entity, and then changing the spell so that it instead summons several uncontrolled entities. Balance-wise that probably works out the same, if you're careful. But I suppose either way could work, depending on how you do it.

S'mon

Legend
Hi Belzamus mate...Krusty here! :)

Any chance of a list of Bal-Sagoth entities/creatures, just to give me an idea how many we are dealing with here?

I seem to recall you mentioning that the band were not finished detailing all their mythos, so even if its an incomplete of what there is up to now would be great.

Belzamus

First Post
Sure thing U_K. I'll try and put something together later on. Off the top of my head I'd say anywhere between 10 and 30 depending on many of the more obscure and less detailed characters are included. I'll try and list them in order of how much is known about them.

Belzamus

First Post
Okay, I'll divine the list in 2, between true Immortals and Epic Heroes. So, let's see...

Immortals

Angsaar, the Dark Liege of Chaos
The Shadow-King
Zurra, the Rogue Godling
Zuranthus, Cosmic Deity of Dark Elucidation
Klatyrmadon, Elder Brother of Zuranthus
The Prime Voyager, First of the Traveling Ones
The Grand Arbiter of Temporal Jurisprudence, Leader of the Order of K'Laa
Zakumakura, the Fell Worm of the Black Galaxy
Sentinel Omega, Last of the Mera, Guardian of the First Interstellar Terran Imperium
The Guardians of the Astral Gate (Kur'Oc, Guul-Kor, Ka-Kur-Ra, Azor Vol-Thoth, Zul'Tekh, and Xuk'Kul)
Alratus, the Travler
Xerxes, the Adept and Aspirant
Kutulu, the Dreamer in the Catacombs of Ur
The Ophidian Liege, the Serpent King
Kthon

Epic Heroes

Caylen-Tor, Wolf of the North
ZyraShana, WItch-Queen of Mytos K'unn
Talus Ebonfyre, Demonic Champion of the Witch-Queen
Voryn Helmsmiter, Last of the Kings of Ultima Thule
The Ogre-Mage of the Black Lake
The Swordmaster of Kyrman'Ku
Skulthur, Champion of the Serpent Kings
Caleb Blackthorne, The Scion of Storms
The Royal Scion of Hyperborea
Joachim Blokk, the Vampyre Hunter
Baalthus Vane, Commander of the Legion of the Ebon Tiger
The Sylvan Liege of Darkenhold
The Dragon-King of Albion
The Arch-Wraith of Angsaar

Organizations
The Black Templars
The Brotherhood of Dark Elucidation
The Traveling Ones
The Order of K'Laa
The Serpent Kings
The Pan-Galactic Confederation of the Mera/The Ersatz Ones/The First Ones/The Star Lords
The Immortals of Ultima Thule

Uncalimed Artifacts
The Empyreal Lexicon
The Ice-Veiled Throne of Ultima Thule
The Gate to That Which Lies Beyond
The Well of Black Flame
Too many forbidden spellbooks to list (Around 30 or so)

There might be a few that I'm forgetting, but that's most of the significant figures in the stories. I hope that clarifies things.

Howdy Belzamus matey! :)

Thanks for the list. Are any of the listed entries related to or subordinate to other entries? For instance I imagine Skulthor could be the Exarch of the Ophidian Liege. Such groupings can help reduce the number of entries to more manageable levels (for me that is), although technically there would be no limit to the number of entries, I'd prefer to keep it to about 13, with certain pantheons getting double that amount (Egyptian, Greek, Norse etc.).

Belzamus

First Post
Hey U_K!

I think there are quite a few that could work for. Such as the Shadow-King and the Royal Scion of Hyperborea, who not only wields the Shadow-Sword but also becomes possessed by and eventually merges with the SHadow-King in order to defeat Angsaar. Also, Talus Ebonfyre is the creation and second-in-command to Zyrashana the Witch-Queen. Things like that. You could even make a case for the Prime Voyager either being one in the same or directly related to the Grand Arbiter of Temporal Jurisprudence.

Seeing as some entities are for more detailed than others, I think you could definitely make a case for 13 or so of the most fully-described deities and characters and have a really strong (if loosly linked and diverse) pantheon.

Oh, I forgot to mention above, the Judgment Tetragon used to seal Zurra back outside the time stream is awesome and should probably be somewhere on the list.:D

Edit- Now that I think about it though, that's probably very similar to a Neutronium Golem. (Except cubic instead of spherical)

Bal-Sagoth is a Symphonic Black Metal band from great Brittain, and they're lyrics are pretty much the reason I bought the Immortals Handbook. They literally sing about battles between entities that normal DnD cannot even begin to justify with stats.

This is a project I've wanted to get started for a long time and I've finally gotten the spare time to jumpstart it. I'm going to attempt to stat up some of the more notorious personalities of the Bal-Sagoh mythos.

FOr those of you who've never heard of them (which is probably all of you) their setting is an amalgamation of Howard, Lovecraft, Tolkien, Moorcock, etc with original introductions, spanning an enitre life-age of the universe in its bredth. Literally, there's sci-fi, sword and sorcery, Elder Gods, Galactic Empires, Psionic Warlords, and everything in between, Just pure Epic.

I'll be summarizing the flavor for each entity so you can get a general idea of their backstory. This will be me paraphrasing the numerous songs in which they appear and adding my own interpretations of the stories.

I'll also add links to the lyrics for the songs in which they appear; keep in mind, some of these read more like 10-page short stories than any lyrics you've ever read.
Cool stuff, but, like many cool things on here, the formatting has degenerated a bit since Enworld's transition. Still snagging them anyway. lol

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases