M&M - Chosen (Recruiting Closed)

Jemal

Adventurer
So I've decided a few things recently.

A: I really do prefer DMing for the most part.
B: I have far too many campaign ideas for one lifetime.
C: Nike's right. Just do it.

So with that in mind, I present another M&M game. I've been thinking lately about the genre, and I wanted to run a game where super-powers are NOT common place.

The world is, in fact, a world much like our own. If you told somebody "I saw so & so pick up a truck", they'd say you watch too many movies. A world where super-heros do NOT exist.

Until now.

Last year you were all normal people, 'average joe's' with no destiny, no greater calling, just the life ahead of you. Now, recently, you've become more, and have been struggling with, learning, and controlling your power and what to do with it.

*Basically what I want to see for character concepts is the following:

NORMAL people who suddenly within the last month or so developed super powers. I don't care what kind of origin they are (Magical, mutation, tech, etc), so long as your character didn't know it was coming (You didn't learn magic, you didn't design a super suit, etc). However you got your powers, it was either an accident or a mystery.

You all have a few other things in common:
1 - You are all between 15 and 21.
2 - You were not extraordinary or well-trained before. (No military, no martial art masters, no super-geniuses, unless it's from your super power)
3 - you are all from the small town of Hixville, on the California coast about half-way between San Francisco and Los Angeles, and know each other. You may be friends, relatives, or just class-mates, but you are all on a first name basis with each other. *Whether you've told anybody about your new 'powers' is up to you*

Character Design:
Keeping the preceding in mind, I'd like aproximately 5 characters. PL 8, 120 points, but please post concepts first.

House Rules:
No luck feat.
No more than 8 ranks in any skill unless it relates to your super-power. (You were 'normal' before)
Maximum trade-offs are 3.
I'd prefer that you each have ONE primary power that is your characters defining super-trait. (super-strong, Shoots Lasers, Flies, etc), rather than an array of powers.

Also, I want each character to have one MAJOR drawback. I've given some examples below
Normal Identity(Shazam!), Major physical limitation(Daredevil), Power loss that affects all powers and/or is fairly common, or a fairly common vulnerability/weakness(Kryptonite anybody?), etc.
The reasoning for this is b/c of how your powers work and why, which will be explained more later in the 'series'.

Last edited:

Bialaska

First Post
Pick me, pick me, pick me!

Jemal said:
I'd prefer that you each have ONE primary power that is your characters defining super-trait. (super-strong, Shoots Lasers, Flies, etc), rather than an array of powers.

Uhm, if I go either Super-Speed (consists of quickness, speed and attack power) or a brick (strength+protection) would that be considered more than one trait or would they be acceptable? I have a hard time imagining someone capable of punching through walls, but who would break the hand by doing so because no toughness was gained.

The basic character will be Daisy-Lynn Lewis, your average freshman trailer-trash, who's the average girl in the class, having no particular sports-talent, not attractive enough to become part of the populars, not smart enough to be considered a nerd, yes, basically just the typical average freshman in Hixville.

Jemal

Adventurer
by one primary power, I meant I don't want people with a lot of disparate or thinly-related abilities, I want the characters to be fairly straightforward, not jacks-of-all-trades.

Bialaska - Both of those concepts would be ok by me.
Reveille - Yikes, you picked two things I was about to add to the list of don'ts. Incorporeality and Teleportation make it far to easy to go around/through obstacles, as I've discovered.
Though I suppose fo the 'permeation' type, it depends on exactly what you mean by that?

Jemal

Adventurer
Reveille - On second thought, A teleporter might be ok if you kept it to short range and/or sight range. It all depends on what you plan on doing with the power, I suppose.

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
Reveille - On second thought, A teleporter might be ok if you kept it to short range and/or sight range. It all depends on what you plan on doing with the power, I suppose.
I was thinking along the lines of Jumper's Davey Rice.

So I guess I'll have to go with the second concept. No problem there. ;)

Mal Malenkirk

First Post
I'd be interested.

I'm running that kind of campaign right now IRL. It's great fun trying to figure out how the world would react to the emergence of superpowers.

Maybe I could mooch off some idea! ;)

I think I'd want to play a powerful telekinetic. Sort of a more laid back, less megalomanical Magneto: He enjoys his newfound powers and is a bit arrogant about it. He won't keep them a secret. As soon as he is in control of his new abilities, he'll flaunt them and go to the press. He doesn't want to rule the world though, or go on insane crime sprees. He just wants to enjoys his fame and perhaps put his powers to good use in exchange for good pay. Having a glimmer of social responsibility, he would feel compelled to step in to stop an out of control mutant if he felt there was no one else for the job.
He will not accept undue govermental control, though.

Jemal

Adventurer
Reveille - Jumpers an awesome show, but long range teleport is hard to DM for, much like really high end super-speed/flight. the ability to go anywhere in a few seconds makes GM's live's difficult.

Mal - Welcome aboard, TK's one of my personal faves.

concepts so far look interesting, lets start seeing some sheets & Background/personality info. (Considering you're all 'normal' people, background won't need to be too developed. It's more about your personality, your powers, and what you intend to do NOW.)

Though one thing to keep in mind - I want people who feel the need to 'do the right thing'

Angel Tarragon

Dawn Dragon
New Concept & a question
Concept: Undying Intellectual (Regeneration & Immunities)

Just curious before I go developing a backstory, are these character still in school? Stiil in high school or grduated from and now in college?

I ask because I was thinking about a abackground for my character that she had already graduated from high scholl but couldn't afford college and had to get a job to help her ailing family.

Bialaska

First Post
Woah, this character seems to be very Powers loaded. When your normal identity costs around 5 PP, with you being a normal absolute nobody, that leaves a LOT for powers.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases