[OOC] Secret War

renau1g

First Post
Name: Morrim Ironhand

Class: Warlock (Infernal)

Appearance: Morrim is a fairly typical dwarf, as the last survivor of the Ironhand clan, he prides himself on maintaining a "normal" dwarven appearance, despite his atypical vocation. He keeps his dark brown hair long and unkempt, but has great pride in the beard he's grown over the years and spends hours braiding it and sports some decorations that he took from the clan patriarch. His skin is tanned from being outside of the mountains for so long and he stands a tall 4'9".

Background: Morrim was born in the Thunderpeaks, in the dwarven settlement of Thunderholme. He was raised a good, little dwarf, who battled the orcs and goblins of the area with his clan, mined the bits of ore that were located in the mountain, and practiced his smith-craft, becoming an accomplished weaponsmith, at least in their small settlement. Then the Year of Blue Fire happened and everything changed. Their small number of wizards in the clan were driven mad by Mystra's death and were convinced that the other dwarves were out to get them. They banded together and attacked the clan, but were destroyed by the dwarven warriors. The mages had dealt enough damage though and in the Year of the Halfling's Lament, a large force of goblinoids and orcs banded together and assaulted Thunderholme, intent on destroying the dwarves. After weeks of pitched battle, the attackers eventually broke through and slaughtered the dwarven clan. Morrim had been guarding the escape route out of the mountain during this battle and managed to survive by remaining out of the battle. He had told himself that it was a matter of practicality, that he needed to survive, but walking through the field of battle, Morrim was filled with regret. Seeing the battered and bloody corpses of his family and friends was too much for him. Morrim grabbed a few trinkets from their bodies and ran from their home, tears streaming down his face.

He didn't know how long he ran down the mountain paths, or how far, but when the ground gave out under him and he fell into a cave, Morrim was jerked back to consciousness. Looking around him, Morrim noted that it was a small chamber he was in, more a tomb than a cave and was about to climb back out, when his eyes caught the gleam of something in the dark. Morrim approached carefully, his warhammer held aloft, and sighed in relief when he saw it was just a skeleton. Looking at the skeleton in more detail, Morrim noted that the creature had horns, and a tail, but was the shape of a humanoid, he had never seen a creature like this. Clutched in its hands was a tome, fire scorched, but legible. Morrim's hands were trembling when he picked it up and dusted it off. Despite his reservations he opened it, and Morrim's life was changed. He spent the next three days sitting cross-legged next to the skeleton, caught up in the words of the book, not caring about food, nor water, nor the spiders and insects crawling upon him. Morrim awoke from the trance-like state peering up at the pig-face of an orc looking down from the hole he fell through.

The anger boiled inside him, begging for release and Morrim obliged. He crooked his hand like a claw as a great talon of darkness formed around the orc, raking it fiercely and pulling it over the edge. Despite its efforts, the orc fell, crashing lifeless to the ground. Standing over him Morrim felt vindicated and free from the books hold, began to climb out of his temporary home.

Morrim travelled to the nearest settlement, which was the human town of Thunderstone, and met a fellow dwarf named Norman Firebeard. Morrim needed coin and Norman offered work in the Miner's Union. Morrim accepted and worked uneventfully, until one day when Norman offered him a chance to head back to the Thunderpeaks with other dwarven adventurers to locate the dwarven settlement of Stonefast, which even he'd heard legends of as a child. They set out with the lizard and ended up at Zanzer's location, Morrim was excited at the reward, a whole gold piece, that was a fortnight's work in the mines. Then he felt sleepy...

Personality: Morrim is anything but the typical dwarven gruffness. He enjoys speaking to others, if only to take his mind off the tragedy of his clan's destruction, he despises ale & drinks of all varieties as well. Morrim enjoys the thrill of battle, though, and adventure, which constantly leads him to try more and more dangerous activities.

Last edited:

Chauzu

First Post
Concepts look great, Digger & Renau1g. :cool:

Thanks for the links garyh. Swordmage is all yours! And sure, I wouldn't mind one of you guys playtesting the artificer either. Graf & Redclaw, make sure you clean up when your done hacking at each other for the class. :p

Keep it up with the good concepts guys! Surely we're going to have a dwarf that loves drinking soon though......

Leif

Adventurer
Chazu,

Got room still for a Dwarf Cleric who LOVVVVES to drink?

FARIM, Dwarf Cleric
Farim is an almost-middle-aged dwarf who has spent the last few decades in dedicated, silent service to Moradin, chanting and praying about 16 hours/day, and drinking for 4 of the remaining 8 hours. His drinking habits have caused his superiors in the temple to decide that Farim is in desperate need of a change of scenery. Plus they're just tired of looking at his drunk ass, too!

Let me know, please!

Walking Dad

First Post
Dipps on a dwarf wizard :D

Do you allow Dragon powers and/or rituals?

I will post more later!

Name: Vondal Darrakson
Class: Wizard

[sblock=Appearance]
92250.jpg

[/sblock]

Background:
Vondal was always interested in the past. From the past glorys of forgotten dwarf strongholds, to the fossils of unknown creatures found only in the deepest dwarven mines. His bright intellect and natural curiosity drew the interest of a local dwarven wizard, who recognized the potential of this curious dwarf.
Under Vestus tutelage, Vondal learned not only forgotten secrets of the past, but also the arcane powers, that will help him to further explore the world.
(One first success in merging his intersts with the arcane arts was the development of his signature spell 'Hungry Maws' [optical varaint of cloud of daggers].)
After finishing his apprenticeship, he was hired by a mining company to idnetify the different kind of stones and minerals they found in their endavours.
Hearing of the oppotunity to explore Stonefast, volunteered instantly for this mission.

Personality:
A curious brave adventurer, with few things in common with the typical bookish wizard. More the Indiana Jones type of a scientist and an explorer he also values the abilities of the men around him.
He shuns the typical wizard garb and favors sturdy leather clothes above robes (level one feat: Armor Proficiency: Leather).

Last edited:

Chauzu

First Post
Looks good so far Leif, let's see a little more about your character. :)

Walking Dad said:
Do you allow Dragon powers and/or rituals?

I don't subscribe to Dragon so I wouldn't know exactly what your referring to, but if you supply me with the information I'm sure I will allow it.

Leif

Adventurer
Looks good so far Leif, let's see a little more about your character. :)
What I was thinking of is a cleric who is pretty much geared for combat, at least as much as a cleric can be. He's got LOTS of frustrations from his cloistered life that crave violent expression on the pates of those who defy Moradin, or just irritate Farim. If you're looking for more specifics, then my fragile knowledge of 4e is kind of a problem. I don't want to say too much for fear of being wrong, but I am open to suggestions. :)

I guess I still need some background, more personality (?), and appearance. So here goes:

Background/Personality: Farim is the son of a Dwarven Fighter hero. His father made a promise before his birth that he would be given to Moradin, so while he was brought up in his early years thinking that he would be a warrior like daddy, when he reached his teen years he was handed over to the priesthood of Moradin. He found this quite frustrating, but he understands the vow that his father took, and accepts his fate. Still, he was a very active youth, and trained very hard, physically, on his own. He is very oriented towards combat, wrestling, axe-play, (I'm thinking "hammer-play" actually, maybe) etc., but he is still determined to be the best priest of Moradin that he can be to honor his father's wishes and promise. Obviously, he is quite conflicted internally about this, and Farim will gain as much skill as a combatant as he can, while remaining loyal to his "calling." Farim tends to be a quiet sort (as is fairly typical of Dwarves). He is used to not getting what he wants, so he prefers not to say what he wants, so that he will not be disappointed. (Or so he thinks.)

Appearance: Farim is a very lean and muscular Dwarf. His head is shaven, except for his long, thick, luxurious beard, that is, of course, his pride and joy. (He tucks his beard inside his tunic when he does his push-ups, to keep it off of the ground.) Farim has a hammer and anvil (at least I think that is Moradin's holy symbol?) tattooed on the back of his shaven head.

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Redclaw and I could play a artificer with two personalities...
Two personalities=twice the roleplaying for one character slot... :cool:

Or a half-ettin half-dwarf. :D
What?
Why are you looking at me like that?

Thromb Lickspit Artificer
[sblock=Background]There were a few families that were poorer, or worse off than the Lickspits. And many more who worse off in non-material terms. His parents and siblings were not ambitious folk but they cared for each other in the fierce unspoken way. But Thromb fingered his threadbare clothing and looked around his family's mean dwelling and saw an affront.

His parents were supportive of him, supportive in a way that's given him an indomitable confidence than he doesn't fully appreciate. They scrimped and saved to arrange for his apprenticeship to an old artificer a gifted but cantankerous teacher who isolated himself and his student for years in a tiny series of caves at the edge of the compound.

Thromb loved the hours spent in the shop, working on complex projects, mastering the incantations and alchemical combinations necessary to enable the magic of artifice. He was master of all he survied in those caves, and there was no challenge he couldn't surmount.

The old man's death has thrust him back into a world where he is no one. And then those stupid kids pulled off the sack from the cockatrice and got him stuck in this mess.

That's fine though. Thromb Lickspit takes whatever the world throws at him, chews it up and spits it back out. He's gonna do big things, just as soon as he gets out of this ridiculous dungeon.[/sblock]

[sblock=Appearance]Thromb is tall for a dwarf, skinny and powerfully resilient.
He has a wild eyed look to him, hours bent over strange concoctions have put him in the habit of seeing odd things in his dreams and he seems to be jumpy and assertive to others; though he often tries to hide it.
His hair and massive black bear shoot straight out from his head like stiff wire, fiercely resisting his efforts to tame it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Personality, Goals and Mindset]Thromb thinks he wants to become rich, powerful. To show all the people who he thinks looked down on his family and their mean state how wrong they were about them.
His drive, more than any physical trait, is what gives him his tremendous resilience. He's tenacious, and can be uncompromising; it's what's gotten him this far.

He's not a fatalist. Everyone else he knows may be doomed to fulfill a lackluster life, but not Thromb Lickspit.

He tends to cloak his hostility to the world behind a mask of typical dwarven reserve. He always tries to speak last, and to appear indifferent, he often fails to control his passion

His everyone-vs-me mentality means he's stoutly, obsessively protective of people on "his side". He tends to assume the worst, to see threats and challenges that are not there, planning for the inevitable worst so that he can overcome it.

He loves his family, but in his adolescent passion he overlooks their positive traits and sees their stout devotion to clan and country as "low goals set by small minds". [/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases