[OOC] Secret War

Walking Dad

First Post
Thanks for choosing my character. I'm really looking forward to this and this sounds like an epic story and a great troupe.

Possible stats:

Str: 13
Con: 19
Dex: 11
Int: 17
Wis: 16
Cha: 7

Sounds robust but grumpy :)

Skills:
Arcane, History, Dungeoneering, Diplomacy, ? (Nature)

Feat:
Leather Armor Proficiency.

Leif

Adventurer
Farim Rubyheart, Dwarf Cleric of Moradin
Lawful Good

S 18
D 13
C 16 (14+2)
I 7
W 17 (15+2)
C 11

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Code:
[b]Name: [/b] Morrim Ironhand
[B]Class:[/B] Warlock 1 	[b]Starting Level[/b]: 1
[B]Race:[/B] Dwarf
[b]Region:[/b] Thunderpeaks
[b]Size:[/b] Medium
[B]Gender:[/B] Male
[b]Deity:[/b] n/a
[b]Alignment:[/b] Unaligned
[B]Action Points:[/B] 1
[b]XP:[/b] 0

[b]Str:[/b] 11 +0     
[b]Dex:[/b] 8 -1               
[b]Con:[/b] 17 +3                
[b]Int:[/b] 14 +2 
[b]Wis:[/b] 14 +2    
[b]Cha:[/b] 10 +0  

[b]Hit Points:[/b] 29/29 [b]Bloodied:[/b] 14
[b]Healing Surge:[/b] 7  [b]Surges per day:[/b] 9
[b]Initiative:[/b] -1
[b]Senses:[/b] Low-Light
[b]Speed:[/b] 5
[b]Perception:[/b] 17 [b]Insight:[/b] 12 
[b]Action Points:[/b] 1

[b]AC[/b] 14 
[b]Fortitude[/b] 13 
[b]Reflex[/b] 13 
[b]Will[/b] 13

[b]Basic Melee Attack:[/b] +2 vs. AC [b]Damage:[/b] 1d10 
[b]Basic Ranged Attack:[/b] +3 vs. Reflex (Eldritch Blast) [b]Damage:[/b] 1d10+3

[B]Number of Trained Skills:[/B] 4	
[B]Skills		Total	Trained	Mod 	Misc[/B]
Insight 	+7	+5	+2	--
Intimidate	+5	+5	+0	--
Arcana  	+7	+5	+2	--
History 	+7	+5	+2	--

Feats: Improved Dark One's Blessing (+3 extra temp hp. from Dark One's Blessing)

Languages: Chondothan, Dwarven

Class and Racial abilities:

Cast-Iron Stomach - +5 saves vs. poison
Dwarven Resilience - Use second wind as a minor action
Dwarven Weapon Prof. - Throwing Hammer and Warhammer
Encumbered Speed
Stand Your Ground - When an effect forces you to move, you move -1 squares, also, can make a save vs. falling prone immediately.

Prime Shot - If I'm closest to target I get a +1 to ranged attack rolls
Shadow walk - Gain concealment if I move 3 or more squares
Warlock's Curse - Nearest enemy can be cursed as a minor action, +1d6 damage
Improved Dark One's Blessing - When a cursed enemy dies, +4 temp. hp

Powers:
2/1/1/0 - At will, Encounter, Daily, utility powers known

At Wills Powers:
Eldritch Blast - (standard, at-will, implement) - Range 10 - +3 vs. Reflex - 1d10+3 damage
Hellish Rebuke - (standard, at-will, fire, implement) - Range 10 - +3 vs. Reflex - 1d6+3 fire damage + if you take damage before the end of the next turn target takes 1d6+3 more damage

Encounter Powers:
Diabolic Grasp - (standard, encounter, implement) - Range 10 - +3 vs. Fortitude - 2d8+3 damage and slide 3 squares

Daily Powers:
Armor of Agathys - (standard, daily, cold) - Personal - Gain 12 temp. hp + any targets that start their turn adjacent to me take 1d6+3 cold damage, lasts the encounter

Utility Powers:

Equipment: Cost Weight
Leather Armour 25gp 15lb
Warhammer 15gp 05lb
Standard Adventurer's Kit 15gp 33lb

Total Weight:XXXlb Money: 45gp

Height: 4'7"

Appearance: Morrim is a fairly typical dwarf, as the last survivor of the Ironhand clan, he prides himself on maintaining a "normal" dwarven appearance, despite his atypical vocation. He keeps his dark brown hair long and unkempt, but has great pride in the beard he's grown over the years and spends hours braiding it and sports some decorations that he took from the clan patriarch. His skin is tanned from being outside of the mountains for so long and he stands a tall 4'9".

Personality: Morrim is anything but the typical dwarven gruffness. He enjoys speaking to others, if only to take his mind off the tragedy of his clan's destruction, he despises ale & drinks of all varieties as well. Morrim enjoys the thrill of battle, though, and adventure, which constantly leads him to try more and more dangerous activities.

Background: Morrim was born in the Thunderpeaks, in the dwarven settlement of Thunderholme. He was raised a good, little dwarf, who battled the orcs and goblins of the area with his clan, mined the bits of ore that were located in the mountain, and practiced his smith-craft, becoming an accomplished weaponsmith, at least in their small settlement. Then the Year of Blue Fire happened and everything changed. Their small number of wizards in the clan were driven mad by Mystra's death and were convinced that the other dwarves were out to get them. They banded together and attacked the clan, but were destroyed by the dwarven warriors. The mages had dealt enough damage though and in the Year of the Halfling's Lament, a large force of goblinoids and orcs banded together and assaulted Thunderholme, intent on destroying the dwarves. After weeks of pitched battle, the attackers eventually broke through and slaughtered the dwarven clan. Morrim had been guarding the escape route out of the mountain during this battle and managed to survive by remaining out of the battle. He had told himself that it was a matter of practicality, that he needed to survive, but walking through the field of battle, Morrim was filled with regret. Seeing the battered and bloody corpses of his family and friends was too much for him. Morrim grabbed a few trinkets from their bodies and ran from their home, tears streaming down his face.

He didn't know how long he ran down the mountain paths, or how far, but when the ground gave out under him and he fell into a cave, Morrim was jerked back to consciousness. Looking around him, Morrim noted that it was a small chamber he was in, more a tomb than a cave and was about to climb back out, when his eyes caught the gleam of something in the dark. Morrim approached carefully, his warhammer held aloft, and sighed in relief when he saw it was just a skeleton. Looking at the skeleton in more detail, Morrim noted that the creature had horns, and a tail, but was the shape of a humanoid, he had never seen a creature like this. Clutched in its hands was a tome, fire scorched, but legible. Morrim's hands were trembling when he picked it up and dusted it off. Despite his reservations he opened it, and Morrim's life was changed. He spent the next three days sitting cross-legged next to the skeleton, caught up in the words of the book, not caring about food, nor water, nor the spiders and insects crawling upon him. Morrim awoke from the trance-like state peering up at the pig-face of an orc looking down from the hole he fell through.

The anger boiled inside him, begging for release and Morrim obliged. He crooked his hand like a claw as a great talon of darkness formed around the orc, raking it fiercely and pulling it over the edge. Despite its efforts, the orc fell, crashing lifeless to the ground. Standing over him Morrim felt vindicated and free from the books hold, began to climb out of his temporary home.

Morrim travelled to the nearest settlement, which was the human town of Thunderstone, and met a fellow dwarf named Norman Firebeard. Morrim needed coin and Norman offered work in the Miner's Union. Morrim accepted and worked uneventfully, until one day when Norman offered him a chance to head back to the Thunderpeaks with other dwarven adventurers to locate the dwarven settlement of Stonefast, which even he'd heard legends of as a child. They set out with the lizard and ended up at Zanzer's location, Morrim was excited at the reward, a whole gold piece, that was a fortnight's work in the mines. Then he felt sleepy...

[Sblock=Logs]
XP log:

Wealth log:
100 gp from starting wealth
Paid 25gp for Leather Armour, 15 for Warhammer, & 15 for Kit
Sold XXX for

Other log:
XXXX from
[/sblock]

Notes:
XXXX

[sblock=Advancement]
L1 -> CLASS Warlock HP: 12+17 (Per Class)
Feat: Improved Dark One's Blessing
Powers Known: Eldritch Blast, Hellish Rebuke, Diabolic Grasp, Armor of Agathys
Other: OTHER NOTE
[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Uhm, Leif, I think this is a 4e game:

If you are still interested, the modifiers for dwarves are: +2 Con, +2 Wis

I'll admit I was surprised to see your application. I thought maybe I'd drawn you over to the dark side :devil:

Edit: What does everyone think of the character sheet? I'm putting one together for Living 4th Edition and this is a WIP, but it's mostly done

garyh

First Post
Edit: What does everyone think of the character sheet? I'm putting one together for Living 4th Edition and this is a WIP, but it's mostly done

I'll weigh in and suggest that you put the stats S/C/D/I/W/Ch. I'm still getting used to the re-ordering myself (de-programing from 2e and 3.x), but the new order does have advantages in making clear the links between stats and defenses, and is the new official order.

Otherwise, it looks great! Thanks for working on that.

Redclaw

First Post
Redclaw
Rangok, paladin
17, 16, 14, 12, 11, 7

Great! Thanks for the opportunity, Chauzu.

Rangok's stats:
Str 16
Dex 7
Con 14 (12+2)
Int 11
Wis 16 (14+2)
Cha 17

I'm planning on the protecting paladin build, but I'm open to switching to avenging depending on Digger's build for his fighter. I think's it's best if one is a big hitter and the other is a swoard-and-boarder.

The Digger

First Post
Message for Redclaw;
I've been back and forward on this build. Originally I wanted a 2-handed build but then saw the stats and thought sword & board but then you said you fancied protecting paladin so I thought what the H*ll

So I've gone for a 2-handed build as below.

To everyone else I've never tried making a fighter in 4e nor have I played one so any constructive criticism would be very useful

[sblock=Thorfin Hardicanute Dwarf Fighter]
Name: Thorfin Hardicanute
Class: Fighter
Level: 1
Race: Dwarf
Region: Thunderpeaks
Size: Medium
Age 32
Height 5’ 0”
Weight 165 pounds
Deity: Avandra
Alignment:: Good
Action Points: 1
XP: 0
Str: 15 +2
Con: 15 +2
Dex: 12 +1
Int: 9 - 1
Wis: 14 +2
Cha: 11 +0

Hit Points: 30 Bloodied: 15
Healing Surge: 7 Surges per day: 11
Initiative: +1
Speed: 5
Senses: Low-Light Passive Perception: 12 Passive Insight: 12

AC: 11
Fortitude : 14
Reflex : 11
Will : 12

Basic Melee Attack: +2 vs. AC
Basic Ranged Attack: +1 vs. AC

Skills
Athletics (T) +7
Intimidate (T) +5
Heal (T) +7
Endurance +4
Dungeoneering +4

Feats: Dwarven Weapon Training: +2 damage with axes and hammers

Languages:, Dwarven & ???

Class and Racial abilities:
Cast-Iron Stomach - +5 saves vs. poison
Dwarven Resilience - Use second wind as a minor action
Dwarven Weapon Prof. - Throwing Hammer and Warhammer
Encumbered Speed - move at normal speed even when encumbered
Stand Your Ground - When an effect forces you to move, you move -1 squares, also, can make a save vs. falling prone immediately.
Combat Challenge - Any enemy attacked (hit or miss) is marked till the end of my next turn. -2 for them to attack anyone bar me. If he shifts or attacks other whilst adjacent to me I can make interrupt attack.
Combat Superiority - Bonus to OA = to Wis Mod. Enemy hit by OA stops moving
Fighter Weapon Talent - 2-handed weapons +1 to attack

At Wills Powers:
Reaping Strike: Martial, Weapon, Melee; Str vs AC; Damage =- 1W +Str. On Miss, half Str Mod damage. Str Mod damage with 2-handed weapon

Cleave: : Martial, Weapon, Melee; Str vs AC; Damage = 1W +Str. Adjacent enemy takes damge = Str Mod.

Encounter Power:
Passing Attack: Martial, Weapon, Melee; Str vs AC; Damage = 1W +Str., I can shift 1 square & make secondary attack on new target; Str +2 vs AC; Damage = 1W + Str.

Daily Power:
Villains Menace: Martial, Weapon, Melee; Str vs AC; Damage = 2W +Str. I gain +2 Power bonus to attack and +4 Power bonus to damage vs Target till end of encounter. On Miss: Gain +1 to attack and +2 to damage till end of encounter.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Graf

Explorer
Thanks for choosing me...!

Them's some interesting stats.... but that's good actually. I've argued that the artificer is probably better than the cleric ...

With 13 attribute points to Leif's 29 that will probably not be a consideration.
(Incidentally WD actually rules roost with 30 freeking points - lucky fella)

[PhB standard being 22 of course...]

Lickspit actually works well disadvantaged of course. It's just one more thing for him to be bitter about.

Will try to get a build up today.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases