[OOC] Secret War

Chauzu

First Post
Yeah, we ended up getting an interesting set of stat rolls lol...

In addition to copying all your guys' information on paper, I'm thinking of starting a rogue's gallery thread for the game's character info. I'll bring that up when we got our characters finished and got game rollin' of course.

The Digger - if you're unsure of a second language to pick, just go with Chondathan, since that's the local language.

Leif said:
Sunuvagun, you're right!! That's what I get for going from memory. The adjustments have been made, thanks, WD!

Haha, yeah I've still got some habits that want to die hard as well. I still catch myself including the racial negatives to ability scores. :heh:

Redclaw

First Post
Digger: That works, and thank you. :D

Here is a first draft of Rangok. I'm happy to have any feedback. I have to admit, I stuck very close to the Protecting Paladin build. I usually try to be more original, but that build just makes a lot of sense.

[sblock=stats]Name: Rangok

Alignment: Lawful Good
Male Dwarf Paladin 1
Medium Humanoid, tall, lbs, yrs old
hair, eyes, skin

Languages: Dwarven, Chondathan
Vision: Low-Light

Ability Scores

Str: 16
Con: 14
Dex: 7
Int: 11
Wis: 16
Cha: 17

Basic Combat Stats

Hit Points: 29
Bloodied: 14
Healing Surge: 12/day
Healing Value: 7

Initiative: +0
Speed: 5 squares (5 Base )
Action Points: 1

Defenses

AC: 10
Fort: 14
Ref: 11
Will: 14
Saving Throws: +5 vs Poison (racial). +2 vs. Fear (region)

Basic Attacks

Melee: Hit: damage:
Melee: Hit: Damage:
Ranged: Hit: Damage: Range

Weapon & Implement Attack Bonuses for use with Powers

Melee: Hit:
Melee: Hit:
Ranged: Hit:
Implement: Hit:

Passive Skills

Perception 13
Insight 20

Skills

Acrobatics (-2 dex)
Arcana (+0 int)
Athletics (+3 str)
Bluff (+3 cha)
Diplomacy (+3 cha, +5 trained)
Dungeoneering (+3 wis, +2 racial)
Endurance (+2 con, +5 trained, +2 racial)
Heal (+3 wis)
History (+0 int)
Insight (+3 wis, +5 trained, +2 region)
Intimidate (+3 cha)
Nature (+3 wis)
Perception (+3 wis)
Religion (+0 int, +5 trained)
Stealth (-2 str)
Streetwise (+3 cha)
Thievery (-2 dex)

Feats
Healing Hands

Racial Traits and Powers
Cast Iron Stomach: +5 bonus to saving throws vs. poison
Dwarven Resilience: Use second wind as a minor action
Dwarven Weapon Proficiency
Encumbered Speed: move at normal speed even when it would normally be reduced by armor or a heavy load.
Stand Your Ground: When effects push, pull or slide you, you can reduce the number of squares by 1.

Class Features
Channel Divinity: 1/Encounter, either Divine Mettle or Divine Strength
Divine Challenge
Lay on Hands
Implement

At Will Powers
Divine Challenge: Diving, Radiant
Minor Action Close Burst 5
Target: One creature.
Target is marked and remains marked until you use this power on a different target, or you fail to engage the target. While marked, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls for any attack that doesn’t target you, and also takes 6 radiant damage.

Lay on Hands: Divine, Healing 3/day
Minor Action Melee touch
Target: One creature
Effect: You spend a healing surge but regain no hit points. Instead the target regains hit points as if it had spent a healing surge (+3 from Healing Hands).

Bolstering Strike: Divine, Weapon
Standard Action Melee weapon
Target: One Creature Cha vs. AC
Hit: 1[W]+3 damage, and you gain 3 temporary hit points

Enfeebling Strike: Divine, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Hit: 1[W] +3 damage. If you marked the target, it takes a -2 penalty to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

Encounter PowersChannel Divinity
--Divine Mettle: Divine
Minor Action Close burst 10
Target: One creature in burst
Effect: The target makes a saving throw with a +3 bonus
--Divine Strength: Divine
Minor Action Personal
Effect: Apply a +3 bonus to damage on your next attack this turn.

Shielding Smite: Divine, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Hit: 2[W] +3
Effect: Until the end of your next turn, one ally within 5 squares of you gains a +3 power bonus to AC.

Daily Powers
Radiant Delirium: Divine, Implement, Radiant
Standard Action Ranged 5
Target: One Creature Cha vs. Reflex
Hit: 3d8 +3 radiant damage and the target is dazed until the end of your next turn. In addition, the target takes a -2 penalty to AC (save ends).

Utility Powers

Rituals

Equipment

Coins- 0gp, 0sp, 0cp
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Lickspit actually works well disadvantaged of course. It's just one more thing for him to be bitter about.

Yeah, I like Morrim's low Dex, it is part of the reason he tripped and fell down that big hole ;), and why they had him guard the back door during the attack, you can't have some clumsy dwarf getting in the way.

Walking Dad

First Post
Sorry to everyone for me playing the one CHA ditching dwarf.

But I think this will reflect his elte aptitute and his feel of mental superiority. At least he works against this character traits (has learned the 'diplomacy' skill).

renau1g

First Post
Bah, no need to apologize WD, I need to have a decent CHA (or at least that's what the PHB tells me ;) ), but Wizards don't need no stinking charisma.

The Digger

First Post
Hi Redclaw
I spent a lot of time working on a protecting paladin for another game (which seems to have stalled completely even before we got started) and I wonder if you really need both high Str and Cha. A paladin needs to be able to take a lot of punishment and he can use Cha almost exclusively for damage.

Have you considered the following

Str 12
Con 16+2 = 18 (think of the HP and Surges!)
Dex 7
Int 11
Wis 14+2 = 16
Cha 17

for a proper defensive build you should probably reverse Int and Dex but that is sort of min-maxing and personally I love the idea of a clumsy paladin.

I've never really looked at higher level builds but loads of people go on about 'Hammer Rhythm' which needs High Con. And Dwarves and hammers just go together!

The Digger

First Post
Hi Redclaw
I spent a lot of time working on a protecting paladin for another game (which seems to have stalled completely even before we got started) and I wonder if you really need both high Str and Cha. A paladin needs to be able to take a lot of punishment and he can use Cha almost exclusively for damage.

Have you considered the following

Str 12
Con 16+2 = 18 (think of the HP and Surges!)
Dex 7
Int 11
Wis 14+2 = 16
Cha 17

for a proper defensive build you should probably reverse Int and Dex but that is sort of min-maxing and personally I love the idea of a clumsy paladin.

I've never really looked at higher level builds but loads of people go on about 'Hammer Rhythm' which needs High Con. And Dwarves and hammers just go together!

Redclaw

First Post
I thought about lowering Str for Con, but there are a few big advantages. First of all, Hammer Rhythm requires both Str 15 and Con 17, so either build needs three points added to one of the stats, and Bludgeon Mastery requires Str 19, Con 19. I realize we'll never get to epic levels with these characters, but it's fun to plan ahead.

Secondly, Str is going to be important with any basic attacks Rangok makes, as well as allowing me to choose some of the other powers. I'm tempted by Martyr's Retribution at 5th level, for example. I'll definitely lean to the Cha powers, but it's nice to have a few options.

The Dex-Int switch makes a lot of sense. There a couple of Dex 13 feats that interest me (Astral Fire and Raging Storm), and Shield Specialization at the paragon level reuires a 15. On the other hand, I just can't see the low Int, but the clumsy hammer-swinger is kind of fun.

renau1g

First Post
But if Redclaw does that, Rangok won't be able to use any of the STR based powers... there are some decent ones.

Although 4 more hp & 2 more surges... & a +1 to Fort Def.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases